Mechaman for Mideast Assembly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:22:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mechaman for Mideast Assembly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mechaman for Mideast Assembly  (Read 1518 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:21:10 PM »

THE DAY OF THE PURITAN HAS PASSED!  THE FEDERALISTS ARE A JOKE!  A NEWER AND BETTER MIDEAST IS HERE!

That's right you cocks.  Did you really think we would let you get away with this?  You think we would just turn a blind eye to the continue rape of liberty and progress that your lot has wrought upon this great region?  Or of the many you have doomed to wage slavery and cultural puritanism?

Well think again. . . . . . breeders.

I am running and I will win election to your regional assembly and I will end this onslaught you have reaped upon this sleeping public.  You know that monster your parents warned you about when you were little?

No, that monster is not me, but close though.  It is the DEMOCRATIC REPUBLICAN, a sleeping monster whose day hasn't even begun!  And I assure you all it surely will!

Citizens,

Your liberators are here, but don't worry we come to you unarmed!  We don't want to keep your babies!  No more will you suffer from the onslaught of the one reactionary party state!  No need to fear!  We have come to defend your natural born rights and will get the Mideast Government out of your bodies and out of your closets!  The only thing that will be government funded are the drugs at our victory party!

Federalists,

I will now accept your surrenders.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:22:07 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 08:24:52 PM by Mechaman »

Also, I support and endorse Madman Motley, your future Governor.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 09:20:51 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2014, 07:46:06 PM by Mechaman »

My Ideas!:

1. Get rid of every abortion restriction on the books.
2. Scale back excessive regulations that harm the many cooperatives in this region in favor of big business.  Also eliminate all other forms of business favoritism that advantages firms of excessive wealth to the chagrin of smaller producers.
3. Strong support for research and development of mass production of household 3D printers that have the potential to eradicate social inequality and poverty.
4. Stop the right wing onslaught against our working men and women by revoking laws that discriminate against the right to organize in the workplace.
5. Get rid of moralistic social regulation into the private lives of Mideast citizens.
6. Support of Georgist principles of land taxation to replace current government revenue program.  This is both more equitable and fair than sales or income taxes.
7. Unconditional defense of the freedom of association and speech.  No censorship!
8. Get rid of any and all drug laws on the books.  Victimless crimes should not be crimes.
9. Support an Amendment to the Regional Constitution that would abolish vice taxation.  Such forms of moral supremacy should be unwelcome in this great region.
10. Support of education co-ops that can do what elitist Ivy League institutions refuse to do: give everyone the opportunity for a quality higher education.
11. Support a bill that would eliminate the Regional Police Force and demilitarize local policing units.  Ideally, policemen shouldn't be armed.
12. Support of a bill that would remove from office any officer of the law who violates the personal property of any Atlasian citizen without the use of a warrant and/or reading them their rights.
13. Support any revolutionary activity that arises from efforts by federal or Mideast authorities to force gun grabs on the Mideast citizenry.  The only due that should be given to tyrants is bloodshed.
14. I oppose any efforts to tell our citizens what they can do with their bodies.  Yes, that includes efforts to ban prostitution.
15. DUI laws are an intrusion on liberty and a neoprohibitionist crusade.  I support eliminating prison time for DUI offenders (unless said offense results in physical or financial harm to another person or their personal property) in favor of AA counseling or other mental health services.  Again, drunk or high driving that results in the harm or death of other persons should be strongly punished like all harmful crimes.

More to come (hopefully)!
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 09:52:35 PM »

Endorsed! Grin
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 07:37:54 AM »

You weren't pro life?

By the way, endorsed Mecha.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 12:00:49 PM »

Obviously endorsed.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 03:00:30 PM »

Endorsed, duh
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 11:22:49 PM »

Mechaman for Mideast?! wowza! Cheesy

This campaign is the most exciting thing to happen to the region since . . . something I can't remember right now.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 03:37:37 AM »

#endorsed
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 01:52:13 PM »

Yes!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 11:56:31 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2014, 12:27:01 PM by Mechaman »

On Recent Announcement from Senator Spiral on running for the Mideast Assembly:

I must applaud our recently specially elected At-Large Senator for stepping forward and joining the cause at the regional level.  What the Mideast needs more than anything are more Democratic-Republicans to fight the scourge that has destroyed the Mideast.  And while it would be intellectually dishonest of me to completely dismiss the progress that Governor TJ has achieved, in the end I cannot help but feel that he ultimately has simply moved the car bomb instead of disarming it.

We need men who will be willing to cut the red wire.  And that red wire is the apathy of many that have come to accept the on and off again dominance of the Federalist Party.  We intend to bring not only a competitive election this Fall, but to change the very spirit of this region along with the renewed sense of activity.  While we do want to be mindful of bipartisan ideas and work with our political brethren, we must not forget the lessons of our past.

In the spirit of political sportsmanship I wish our opponents in the upcoming Assembly elections good luck and may Dave be with them.  I also wish TJ and Tmthforu a healthy and vibrant gubernatorial battle with our ticket.  At the end of the day I believe we can all agree that we want this election season in the Mideast to be an unrivaled rivalry and an energetic political battle the likes of which haven't been seen in this region in a long time.

I hope that after this upcoming election season me and my comrade Spiral will be in a position to move this region forward and not behind and with a Governor MadmanMotley who will help spread the Democratic-Republican agenda to the four corners of the Mideast.

Thank you and Dave Bless,

Mechaman
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 10:51:56 PM »

An End to Moral Tyranny:

It's about damn time we had a Mideast public official who makes the concerns of the oppressed and downtrodden of this great region his number one concern.  For far too long we have let the rule of fundamentalist religious freaks and adamant social darwinists run amok over the rights and quality of life for everyday Mideasterners.  Men who will never become pregnant are deciding what a woman can do with her own body based off of passages from Leviticus.  The allies of the corrupt business elites are stamping out the right of free speech and organization for millions of working men and women in the name of "prosperity" and those who dare question it are called "enemies of freedom".  People who get their tax policies from Exodus are pushing for regressive tax structures that will leave the poor to starve for the benefit of the top 10% in the name of "fairness".  Young Earth Creationists are telling people what they can do in the privacy of their own bedrooms.

Well I say enough is enough.  We've had too much of this insane cultish Federalist mentality to last us a lifetime.  The moralists have waged an all out generation long war against the natural rights of the people of the Mideast.  I am not a radical.  The Democratic Republicans are not radicals.  We are merely trying to restore the rights that Mideast citizens should have that have been washed away by a generation of Moral Tyranny.

I especially intend on returning the rule of the Federalist Party and their special interests cronies to the people of this region by passing legislation that will enable them to exercise their rights and works to the best of their abilities.  The end result of this will be a more motivated and more free Mideast citizen who will help contribute to this great era of hope at the end of the darkest era in this region's history.

It is with my sincerest hopes that the people of this region vote in the Democratic Republican message of rights, liberties, and prosperity for all.  Vote DR, your life might just depend on it.

-Mechaman.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 12:40:09 PM »

Reminder: Please go out and vote!

Stop the Money Changers before they drive this region into another era of inactivity yet again.  Vote for Mechaman and Spiral for REAL CHANGE in the Mideast Assembly over the elitist homophobe who is probably a Nazi and support The Madman and Shua for the highest office in this region.  The four of us, as a team committed to advancing the interests of the Mideast common man over the elite and corporate overlords that the Federalist leadership have wrote this region over to, will strive to make the Mideast a region for all!

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 07:01:29 PM »

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält.
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt,
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 11:57:14 PM »

You did it! Cheesy
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 01:14:21 AM »

Yes! Thank You Smiley
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 07:13:58 AM »

By default, lol.

I'll have a victory speech up after work.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 06:53:29 AM »
« Edited: September 23, 2014, 07:03:35 AM by Mechaman »

Okay, this is a little late so here goes:

The Victory Speech:

You know, I wish I could say thank you to the citizens of this region for electing me.  In doing that, however, it would require me to ignore the disease, the cancer that has gripped this region so thoroughly for the past few months.

And that is Inactivity.

Don't get me wrong, it does feel great to finally win a political office after many years of running (though admitted most of those were joke runs) on a principled left wing platform in a right leaning region.  I'm glad I finally get the shot to legislate and make a real difference for the people of this region.  However, at the end of the day I realize that I have no mandate, that it was only by default that I am here today as your newly elected Mideast Legislator.  Only three candidates declared for our three at-large seats.  Further, only 16 people in this region of more than 40 posters showed up to the polls.

My friends, that is a travesty!

So before I talk about combating the social authoritarianism that has gripped this state's culture I will focus all of my efforts to fight this plague of Inactivity.  I have already promised TJinCleve, our incumbent Federalist Governor, that he would have my full fledged support in passing an Amendment to the Mideast Constitution that would bring back the Five Seat Legislature.  But, we cannot rely solely on government efforts to increase inactivity.  In the end Inactivity is a result of our society, it is the result of the disillusioned hearts and minds of our people.  Many people have still given up, many people still have no hope for the future.  As the elected officials of this region we must do as much as possible to engage with the citizenry as possible to make this region the envy of the nation that it once was.  This includes hosting debates between prominent Mideast politicians, operating regional newspapers that check the pulse of the people, corny town hall threads, and going out of our way to communicate with individuals throughout the region.  Both sides, left and right, should be united in this grand effort to restore hope, excitement, and pride in our region.  In addition, I also support adding and regularly maintaining an Election Calendar (preferably in our Civic thread) to keep citizens in the know about upcoming elections, especially if they are interested in working on a campaign or running themselves.

Secondly, I would be remiss without mentioning the extreme dishonest and low down tactics that the Mideast Assembly of the past, bought off by it's theocratic allies, have shoved down measures of extreme authoritarianism down the throat of the citizens of this good region.  This is one of the reasons I support the Five Seat Legislature, as the current three seat legislature in essence means that only two votes and a Governor's signoff are necessary to make laws in this region.  This factor, combined with rampant inactivity, is what allowed the Federalists in this region to pass some of the most authoritarian and anti-civil liberty bills in the history of this country.  We have seen a region that was center-right go off the deep end in fundamentalist Hell.  While I do admit that I believe TJinCleve and Tmthforu do want to tackle the problems of Inactivity, surely TJ must even admit that it is solely because of Inactivity in the first place that he and his allies managed to pass his dream legislation.  Now, now this is no time to continue the blame game here, as I'm certain that even if we had a five person legislature a month ago our esteemed Governor would've appointed more Federalists to the ranks anyway.  At the very least though, one or two of those Feddies would've been more moderate and stopped some of these atrocious bills that have no place in any region of Atlasia.

So yes, I will work with the Federalist Governor and Lt. Governor to pass laws to combat Inactivity and work with them closely to encourage the spread of Activity, but I hope they know that I do so with the inherent interest in advancing causes that were previously discouraged from showing up at the ballot box and other places because of whole hog right wing dominance.  I've known TJ and Tmthforu for a long time.  TJ is a man of his word and Tmthforu will work with whoever he needs to work with to get the things that need to get done.  I believe their sincerity on combating the plague in this region.  However, when it comes to standing up for the persecuted people in this region, the victims of a vicious system that punishes those who commit victimless crimes, you are damn right that I, and my Democratic-Republican allies, will stand up to them and advance the cause of civil liberty and civil rights in this region.

The first of these inherently anti-Atlasian bills I intend on tackling is the so-called "Mideast Right to Life Bill".  Here is a copy of it:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Admittedly, this is one of the more pragmatic and moderate results we could hope from the Federalist Party.  That abortion hasn't been taken away completely from the women of this country should be considered a blessing, though a very small one when we consider the penalties for those who dare to get an abortion after three and a half months!!!!  But still, we should be thankful that in a time when they had the Governor's office and 2/3rds control of the Legislature that none were proactive enough to come up with the idea to attach pro-immigration caveats to a blanket abortion ban!

Which in my mind is what makes this bill so awful.  The Federalist ruling class knew that they couldn't get away with anything that just merely restricted abortion in this day and age.  So what better way to drum up support for such a punitive bill than by tackling on bleedingheart liberal immigration measures to pressure moderate and liberal pro-lifers into supporting it!?  I see this as nothing more than a PC tactic by the Pro-Life special interests to paint opponents of such a bill as racists and xenophobes, a low down dirty tactic that should have no place in politics.
I for one will not put up with such shenanigans, even if the Reich Wing uses my vote to cast me as a racist or a xenophobe for voting against measures that would put the lives of women and their doctors (and further to the point, the language on who gets punished is very very vague) in jeopardy.  I think it is quite telling that we have measures this strict, including years of imprisonment, coming from legislators who have not and will never be pregnant.  Basically this is a bill that comes straight from Exodus, and not from any legalistic tradition of this country that has at it's heart the lives and liberties of the people of this nation and this region.  It is not just unAtlasian, it is anti-Atlasian and should be fought by every well meaning citizen.  I intend to fight this law tooth and nail through either the legislative process, or if that fails, the Atlasian Supreme Court.

There are other bills I could mention, like the recently re-elected Hifly's bill about putting "Family Values" into the education system, but overall I intend to fight for the oppressed and disenfranchised of this region and fight against the Landed Interests both in this region and in others.

Further, it is my dream to have a Land Tax Amendment passed in both this region and in the national constitution before I die.  There has been no greater threat to the liberty of every man, woman, and child in this country than those who hold vast amounts of the commodity that belongs to all.  I encourage everyone to consider carefully the impact that the state endorsement of the vile practice of "land ownership" has wrought throughout history.  Land should be owned by nobody, and nobody should exploit the usage of land to the detriment of his fellow man.

Tiocfaidh ár lá,

Mechaman
Assemblyman-Elect
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 07:06:19 AM »

You've got it all wrong.
I am a left winger, and I am solely responsible for drafting and crafting the bill. This isn't a massive right wing conspiracy. I added the "bleedingheart liberal immigration measures", which I support wholeheartedly, to the pro-life bill, precisely because I did not believe they would pass in a separate, stand-alone bill. I believe that the Right to Life is a fundamental human right, and so I am a passionate supporter of those clauses. Including them in the bill is the only reason they passed.

I look forward to working with you.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 01:24:21 PM »

Congratulations!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 05:17:23 PM »

You've got it all wrong.
I am a left winger, and I am solely responsible for drafting and crafting the bill. This isn't a massive right wing conspiracy. I added the "bleedingheart liberal immigration measures", which I support wholeheartedly, to the pro-life bill, precisely because I did not believe they would pass in a separate, stand-alone bill. I believe that the Right to Life is a fundamental human right, and so I am a passionate supporter of those clauses. Including them in the bill is the only reason they passed.

I look forward to working with you.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Well, if what you said it true, consider yourself fortunate that you don't have to do such political acrobatics anymore to defend the rights of illegals.  I only wish you shared the same egalitarianism about women's bodies.

Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 06:37:54 PM »

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 07:07:07 AM »

Fully in favor.

Regions of the country should have full autonomy to decide whether or not they want to stay in this little piece of Hell.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 03:48:35 PM »

Fully in favor.

Regions of the country should have full autonomy to decide whether or not they want to stay in this little piece of Hell.

Would you be willing to send military aid to the Free Republic of Ganonsyoni? We are fighting a bloody battle for independence from the tyrants in Nyman and would much appreciate your help.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 05:50:23 PM »

Fully in favor.

Would you be willing to send military aid to the Free Republic of Ganonsyoni? We are fighting a bloody battle for independence from the tyrants in Nyman and would much appreciate your help.

I got a battalion of armored lazer piercing hippies at my disposal.  I can also give you free grade A cocaine to sell for plasma rifles, but other than that I am quite limited.  The most outspoken left wing state legislature in the Mideast doesn't exactly have that many military resources, ya dig?

I'll see if I can carbomb some White boys for you and encourage revolution in this very region.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies