KS-Sen: Taylor drops out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:37:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS-Sen: Taylor drops out
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
Author Topic: KS-Sen: Taylor drops out  (Read 24494 times)
KCDem

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: September 19, 2014, 02:19:04 AM »

"In response to the ruling, Kobach said a separate statute protects the “rights of Kansas Democrats” to have a replacement candidate. He said he would move the mailing date for absentee ballots to Sept. 27 and that the chair of the Democratic Party has been informed she has eight days to select a replacement candidate."

Lol. Or what? Does Kansas law allow the Secretary of State to impose any kind of sanction on the Democratic Party for failing to do so? Because even if the courts were inclined to order the state Democratic Committee to select a replacement, it is highly unlikely that Kobach would have standing to bring any kind of action against the Democrats in court. It's over.

It is over. Kobach is just a moron.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #251 on: September 19, 2014, 03:15:58 AM »

Yeah, Democrats should just ignore Kobach.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #252 on: September 19, 2014, 06:55:30 AM »

So aside from not being able to follow the law, the totally serious suggestion (that will likely be followed) is for the KS Democratic Party to just ignore the office that runs elections.

Can't say I'm surprised and I can't say that they've "stooped" this low; this is simply par for the course.

Px: Stop whining, Phil

Good. We're all satisfied here.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #253 on: September 19, 2014, 07:00:14 AM »

So aside from not being able to follow the law, the totally serious suggestion (that will likely be followed) is for the KS Democratic Party to just ignore the office that runs elections.

Can't say I'm surprised and I can't say that they've "stooped" this low; this is simply par for the course.

But now, seriously... stop whining, Phil.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #254 on: September 19, 2014, 07:07:09 AM »

Haha, could you imagine the head explosion if a state Republican Party pulled this stunt?

"LAWLESS RETHUGS! KOCH BROS!!!"

Not that any of this will matter. Just going to make the Kansas Dems look even more pathetic when Roberts wins.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #255 on: September 19, 2014, 07:14:19 AM »

Haha, could you imagine the head explosion if a state Republican Party pulled this stunt?

Not that any of this will matter. Just going to make the Kansas Dems look even more pathetic when Roberts wins.

In the case you missed it, it's Kobach who's violating the law, not the Democrats.
KCDem

« Reply #256 on: September 19, 2014, 07:21:51 AM »

Can't wait until your smugness gets washed off your face when Roberts get trounced by double digits.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #257 on: September 19, 2014, 08:10:23 AM »

In the case you missed it, it's Kobach who's violating the law, not the Democrats.

In case you missed it, the Supreme Court allowed Taylor to withdraw without following the exact letter of the law. That doesn't mean Kobach violated the law, my friend.

Can't wait until your smugness gets washed off your face when Roberts get trounced by double digits.

Please. Tell me more about smugness. I figured you'd give a good lesson. Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #258 on: September 19, 2014, 08:22:14 AM »

Kobach illegally extended the deadline for the printing of ballots to pursue is partisan crusade.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #259 on: September 19, 2014, 08:25:51 AM »

Phil, please reread the thread. Kobach's office ok'd several previous primary winners to withdraw from the ballot using the same procedure Taylor followed. The letter of the law is broad enough that what he did was legal then, and set a binding precedent. Especially, you know, after his office told Taylor this would be sufficient to have him withdraw.

I don't understand what principle you"re defending here. There must be ways to cheer for your team without going all AggregateDemand about it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #260 on: September 19, 2014, 08:59:18 AM »

Phil, please reread the thread. Kobach's office ok'd several previous primary winners to withdraw from the ballot using the same procedure Taylor followed. The letter of the law is broad enough that what he did was legal then, and set a binding precedent. Especially, you know, after his office told Taylor this would be sufficient to have him withdraw.

I don't understand what principle you"re defending here. There must be ways to cheer for your team without going all AggregateDemand about it.

Ah, the doctrine of promissory estoppel. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #261 on: September 19, 2014, 09:01:47 AM »

You just have this irresistible impulse to engage in personal attacks, and really can't control yourself can you?  Sad.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #262 on: September 19, 2014, 01:02:13 PM »

The Supreme Court, the one that actually heard the case, UNANIMOUSLY disagrees with your assertion. Kobach has allowed other candidates to withdraw with the same procedures Taylor used, confirming he is nothing more than a partisan hack trying to push an agenda rather than fairly and consistently apply the law.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #263 on: September 19, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »

This all comes down to who Kansas voters hate more: the Democrats or just politicians in general. If the former, they can swing back to Roberts to ensure the jackass's party don't keep the senate; if the latter, they'll chose the moderate hero indie.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #264 on: September 19, 2014, 02:09:32 PM »

I think that Never should re-name this thread as "KS-Sen: Official Discussion Thread". Smiley

McCain and Dole will campaign for Roberts next week.

http://robertsforsenate.com/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=5a9715d4-210e-4833-ae51-c60080ca803e
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »

Noticed Phil never responded after this.
He probably went back and looked at the details, and figured out how much of a scum-bag Kobach really was regarding the denial of Taylor's withdrawal. An individual in Kobach's position should protect the fairness and integrity of the voting process in his state. His past arbitrary decisions to allow some to withdraw from an election and not others, even though they also did not follow the exact procedures, has made him look like a (partisan) fool.

If he cannot follow the laws within his own State, then he has no right to hold office in Kansas.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2014, 02:18:58 PM »

lol, Kobach continues to be an incompetent law-breaker:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/kobach-move-act-waiver-kansas-senate-race
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2014, 02:25:11 PM »

LOL.
Kobach just doesn't know when to throw in the towel.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2014, 02:27:56 PM »

I think we're seeing what would occur if Chris McDaniel held a SoS position.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2014, 02:37:54 PM »

His actions are verging on impeachable offenses now. Of course impeachment would require that the Kansas legislature weren't dominated by hacks like Kobach.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »

https://twitter.com/dhellingkc/status/513007038201208832

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #271 on: September 19, 2014, 02:52:43 PM »

His actions are verging on impeachable offenses now. Of course impeachment would require that the Kansas legislature weren't dominated by hacks like Kobach.

I'd argue he's already crossed that line, tbh.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #272 on: September 19, 2014, 03:17:42 PM »

Soon-to-be-ex-SOS and serial lawbreaker Kobach has thrown in the towel! Looks like Republicans won't be able to trample over the rights of our brave men and women overseas after all!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kansas-senate-race-ballots
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #273 on: September 19, 2014, 03:18:03 PM »

This is verging on electoral fraud now...
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #274 on: September 19, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »

It certainly is.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length