KS-Sen: Taylor drops out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:03:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS-Sen: Taylor drops out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS-Sen: Taylor drops out  (Read 24755 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: September 06, 2014, 04:14:21 PM »

There was a debate today...

Coming from someone who thinks Davis won the Gubernatorial debate, I think Roberts won this one. He sounded in control and was incredibly successful in tying Obama to Orman. Lost count of the number of times Orman said "I agree with the Senator."

Democrats will start losing enthusiasm for Orman and Republicans will get more enthusiastic for Roberts as the election draws nearer.

http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/yael-t-abouhalkah/article1716795.html
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 04:23:11 PM »

http://www.wibwnewsnow.com/roberts-orman-face-senatorial-debate-voteks/
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 04:30:12 PM »

The results should be released here first:
http://www.kscourts.org/Chad_Taylor_v_Kris_Kobach/default.asp
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »

Orman would just be another vote for Harry Reid's liberal Senate majority. Republicans and Independents will eventually wake up and see what is at stake here. Pat Roberts will return to the Senate next January.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 10:27:55 PM »

The debate is what keeps me hopeful that Roberts can pull this off. People like their original perception of Orman - a centrist independent who is fed up of what is going on in D.C., but that isn't really what he is. Roberts needs to keep hammering him - define him. A lot of people still don't know who Orman is.

I still think Roberts is in a better position than Brownback, despite what polls say.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 09:20:57 PM »

Milton Wolf, who garnered 41% of the vote in the GOP primary, endorsed Pat Roberts today. He had remained quiet for the past few months.

https://www.facebook.com/MiltonForKansas?fref=photo

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He also officially endorsed Brownback, something he also had been wavering on.

I knew of many Wolf supporters who had planned on abstaining from voting in the Senate race - this will certainly help Roberts with the conservative wing of the party. In a race as close as this one, this may be enough to pull Roberts across the finish line. Not sure if it'll help Brownback much, but definitely a helpful boost, regardless of what outsiders think of Wolf.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 11:22:14 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDdJwIjTzwY&feature=youtu.be

A PAC has created a Frank Underwood-inspired ad attacking Greg Orman. Kinda clever...haven't heard it on the radio yet.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 02:41:31 PM »

Just about every big name Republican has toured the state in the past few weeks. Millions have been poured into this race, with Kansans getting a glimpse of what some states have to deal with every two years.

If Pat Roberts loses tomorrow it is because of his own doing. He has served in the Senate for 18 years and was unable to build a consistent narrative on why he deserves another 6 years. Despite that, I will be amazed if he actually loses. Greg Orman got off to a hot start after building up his name recognition by airing countless ads touting his candidacy back in the summer. All in all, I think he is a very poor fit for Kansas - his entire campaign is basically a bunch of advertisements. He has made few planned stops, instead randomly stopping in various Kansas cities. His message is that he'll be an independent voice in the Senate, yet voters are still unclear on how he stands on many critical issues facing our state and country. He has only opted to give a handful of interviews, and seems to cower away any time someone tries to challenge him. I think it shows you just how bad the environment is for Republicans in this state when you look at the fact he might still pull out a victory tomorrow.

My gut says lean Roberts - I think he'll be saved by the nationalization of this race and the desire most have to give Republicans a Senate majority. I hope this is his last term, though - we need a fresh face representing Kansas in the Senate. Greg Orman's just not that face.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies