KS-Sen: Taylor drops out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:50:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS-Sen: Taylor drops out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS-Sen: Taylor drops out  (Read 24811 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: September 03, 2014, 06:27:26 PM »

So a bunch of Dems flow to Orman and a bunch flee if he's really running as a centrist/won't say who he'll caucus with.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 07:08:38 AM »

So a bunch of Dems flow to Orman and a bunch flee if he's really running as a centrist/won't say who he'll caucus with.

So they will stay home and help for sure the GOP rather than voting for Orman and accepting the possibility that he'll join a GOP majority.

Right.

Ok, I actually meant to write a bunch of Orman backers will flee. I obviously didn't mean that Dems would vote for a conservative Republican over a centrist. Everyone can calm down now. Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 04:05:53 PM »

Oh no! The Dems new favorite last hope just flew out the window. But don't worry: HILLARY WILL STILL WIN THE STATE BY 12 IN 2016!!!!!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 08:37:33 PM »

Oh no! The Dems new favorite last hope just flew out the window. But don't worry: HILLARY WILL STILL WIN THE STATE BY 12 IN 2016!!!!!

Are you all right Phil? You seem a bit tense these last days.

I'd ask how you're feeling but you keep on chugging with your usual troll ways so all is normal on that front.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 07:23:33 AM »

I think blaming the Kansas SoS here is wrong. If the KS election law explicitely says that you can only step down as candidate by notifying the SoS that you are unable to serve if elected, then Krobach is only acting according to the law. It's his job.

You should rather expect the Taylor campaign to be smart enough to know the election law and they should have put the "unable to serve" thing into his letter.

Tender, don't try to reason with them.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 04:08:08 PM »

I'd ask how you're feeling but you keep on chugging with your usual troll ways so all is normal on that front.

Well, that post certainly disproves allegation of tenseness. Roll Eyes

Seriously Phil, be safe. Most of your recent posts conjure the image of flecks of spittle as you speak, a rapid eye twitch, and a throbbing forehead vein forcasting an aneurysm.

No, they really don't. And calling out px, a well established troll, isn't proof of tenseness.

Honestly, your "poke the bear" response to me is just as bad as his. You did it in two posts in a row and you frequently do it, too. Please don't feel the need to respond to each of my posts with your not-so-subtly hostile commentary. Your complaint is that my posts are tense...and then you go on in unnecessary, exaggerated detail about how I'm acting like a person that is literally asylum-bound. I'm kindly asking that you tone it down.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 04:34:26 PM »

Well, that post certainly disproves allegation of tenseness. Roll Eyes

Seriously Phil, be safe. Most of your recent posts conjure the image of flecks of spittle as you speak, a rapid eye twitch, and a throbbing forehead vein forcasting an aneurysm.

No, they really don't. And calling out px, a well established troll, isn't proof of tenseness.

Honestly, your "poke the bear" response to me is just as bad as his. You did it in two posts in a row and you frequently do it, too. Please don't feel the need to respond to each of my posts with your not-so-subtly hostile commentary. Your complaint is that my posts are tense...and then you go on in unnecessary, exaggerated detail about how I'm acting like a person that is literally asylum-bound. I'm kindly asking that you tone it down.

Keystone,
Not only was Landslide's "analysis" correct on his initial call on you, but Badger was also right-on-the-money, to isolate your second comment and find it equally as "strange." And now myself, as a third independent individual, I need to admit that ALL your responses (starting from the very first), do seem to indicate something like "tense," "irritated" or "angry-at-the-world."

And I am not picking on you. I don't think I have had conversation (directly) with you on any topic in the past. Seriously, you need to chill.
Take a big breathe, and read your responses. They get worse and worse, and more "tense" as you continue. My suggestion is just let it go.

My post had nothing to do with either of them and px started the troll routine with the sarcastic, "Are you ok?" question. And those two aren't two "independent" sources to judge my character.

My response here was a joke "Hillary will win by 12 in 2016!" comment that many people (px and Badger included) make on a variety of topics, jabbing the opposition. There was literally nothing in that post that was "angry at the world." My subsequent responses were to Badger, who compared me to an actually insane person. I'd advise you to re-read that and ask yourself who is out of line. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 04:51:43 PM »

Right. I know it is easier to rag on someone and claim to be an "independent" judge of the situation while ignoring other points.

I simply and kindly asked that Badger scale back his comments about me acting like an unstable, physical menace and we can move on.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 06:41:10 PM »

Haha wow. You took my posts as "bullying" (only one of which was even remotely personal and still nothing like your very personal attacks thus far) and I'm the one taking things too serious here? Ok, my friend!

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 07:47:16 PM »

What is with old Republican Senators and thinking that removing the content from the ad and just having the images makes them better? He's doing the McConnell thing.

...it's publically posted so Super PACs can use the content without officially working with the campaign.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 05:32:29 PM »

Orman's reaction after Roberts confronted him was about as "slimy politician" as one can appear. Just run that ad nauseam. The guy's ratings will tumble soon enough.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »

Orman's reaction after Roberts confronted him was about as "slimy politician" as one can appear. Just run that ad nauseam. The guy's ratings will tumble soon enough.

Colombia will win the World Cup.

What was your prediction? In fact, what's your prediction for this race? I notice a lot of cowards like to bring up wrong predictions but usually don't go out on a limb themselves.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 06:04:22 PM »

Phil, the problem is that Orman will caucuse with the majority party. That will be difficult to sell that for the reps as "WE MUST VOTE FOR ROBERTS IN ORDER TO GAIN THE SENATE", don't you think???

That's exactly what this race will come down to: this guy possibly determining who controls the Senate. And everyone is going to know that Orman won't commit to either side yet so, yes, plenty of Republicans that don't care for Roberts will hold their nose and vote for him, not wanting to take a risk. It's a rather easy sell.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 07:26:07 PM »

Phil, the problem is that Orman will caucuse with the majority party. That will be difficult to sell that for the reps as "WE MUST VOTE FOR ROBERTS IN ORDER TO GAIN THE SENATE", don't you think???

That's exactly what this race will come down to: this guy possibly determining who controls the Senate. And everyone is going to know that Orman won't commit to either side yet so, yes, plenty of Republicans that don't care for Roberts will hold their nose and vote for him, not wanting to take a risk. It's a rather easy sell.

Just like Brownback will regain the lead and win. Ok, we're still waiting on that. Could be a while...

Less than two months isn't that long of a wait.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 06:55:30 AM »

So aside from not being able to follow the law, the totally serious suggestion (that will likely be followed) is for the KS Democratic Party to just ignore the office that runs elections.

Can't say I'm surprised and I can't say that they've "stooped" this low; this is simply par for the course.

Px: Stop whining, Phil

Good. We're all satisfied here.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 07:07:09 AM »

So aside from not being able to follow the law, the totally serious suggestion (that will likely be followed) is for the KS Democratic Party to just ignore the office that runs elections.

Can't say I'm surprised and I can't say that they've "stooped" this low; this is simply par for the course.

But now, seriously... stop whining, Phil.

Haha, could you imagine the head explosion if a state Republican Party pulled this stunt?

"LAWLESS RETHUGS! KOCH BROS!!!"

Not that any of this will matter. Just going to make the Kansas Dems look even more pathetic when Roberts wins.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 08:10:23 AM »

Haha, could you imagine the head explosion if a state Republican Party pulled this stunt?

Not that any of this will matter. Just going to make the Kansas Dems look even more pathetic when Roberts wins.

In the case you missed it, it's Kobach who's violating the law, not the Democrats.

In case you missed it, the Supreme Court allowed Taylor to withdraw without following the exact letter of the law. That doesn't mean Kobach violated the law, my friend.

Can't wait until your smugness gets washed off your face when Roberts get trounced by double digits.

Please. Tell me more about smugness. I figured you'd give a good lesson. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 04:15:07 PM »

Phil, please reread the thread. Kobach's office ok'd several previous primary winners to withdraw from the ballot using the same procedure Taylor followed. The letter of the law is broad enough that what he did was legal then, and set a binding precedent. Especially, you know, after his office told Taylor this would be sufficient to have him withdraw.

I don't understand what principle you"re defending here. There must be ways to cheer for your team without going all AggregateDemand about it.

Noticed Phil never responded after this.
He probably went back and looked at the details, and figured out how much of a scum-bag Kobach really was regarding the denial of Taylor's withdrawal.

That's true; I didn't respond since that was posted. In fact, I didn't post at all since this morning since I was at work.

I was not aware that Kobach allowed other candidates to withdraw under the same procedure.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 10:00:58 PM »

Good to see Kobach sucking the hairy balls of justice and choking on them.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 07:46:42 PM »

AFL-CIO endorses Democrat. Developing story...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies