Who'll win in Kansas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:35:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who'll win in Kansas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who'll win the 2014 Senate seat in Kansas?
Pat Roberts (R, incumbent)

Greg Orman (Independent)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: Who'll win in Kansas?  (Read 4258 times)
KCDem

« on: September 03, 2014, 06:54:42 PM »

No matter how many endorsements Orman has, dude is the least substantive candidate I've ever seen. Pat Roberts will be able to knock him down and win, maybe not comfortably, but win.

At least Orman lives in Kansas. And Pat Roberts isn't really that substantive either.
KCDem

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 09:11:35 PM »

Right now still Roberts, the situation is still developing. To immediately jump on board with the notion that Orman will win is very premature.

I agree.

This reminds me of Bob Kerrey's entrance in Nebraska.  He was always way overestimated, and I think Orman will be too.

Except Bob Kerrey never led a single poll in Nebraska.
KCDem

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 10:15:01 PM »

Right now still Roberts, the situation is still developing. To immediately jump on board with the notion that Orman will win is very premature.

I agree.

This reminds me of Bob Kerrey's entrance in Nebraska.  He was always way overestimated, and I think Orman will be too.

Except Bob Kerrey never led a single poll in Nebraska.

What's your point? There's been no poll thus far of solely a Roberts vs. Orman match up. We don't even know yet that Taylor will be off the ballot. Roberts has lead all the polls so far anyway.

As Miles said, there was a PPP poll putting Orman up 43-33. As it stands now, Orman wins by 15.
KCDem

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 08:17:30 PM »

Orman by 15. It's going to be a blowout, folks.
KCDem

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »

Living in Kansas and being quite politically involved here, I'm thinking Orman will pull off an upset win. Head to head, PPP has him 10% up on Roberts, but with Taylor still on the ballot I worry. It depends how the ballot name challenge goes. If Taylor's name is removed or if Dems do well at GOTV for Orman and NOT Taylor, Orman will win. He still has pretty low name recognition, but he has resources like crazy. In the debate yesterday, he came out of the gate a bit cautious but then proceeded to hammer Roberts, who said "Harry Reid" 22 times and had to ask the moderator to calm the crowd. Roberts' residency issues will harm him in the end. Even Republicans here think he's out of touch.

How exactly does one support Collins over Bellows but Teachout over Cuomo?
I like the NSA and don't want to legalize pot. Those are Bellows' two major issues it seems. The fact that Bellows calls herself "Libertarian" makes me mad. Also, I believe Collins is a key liaison between Repubs and Democrats. With Teachout, part of it came from Cuomo's blatant corruption, and part of it because of Teachout's campaign focus. I'm a weird person, politically.

Obvious troll position is obvious.

One doesn't like the NSA. One may find it necessary or useful, but you can't just "like" it.
KCDem

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »

Why do most Atlas users think (on the prediction section) that the GOP will hold both the governorship and the Senate seat in Kansas?

Because this website is full of GOP hacks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies