Glenn Beck: Hillary will win in 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:50:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Glenn Beck: Hillary will win in 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Glenn Beck: Hillary will win in 2016  (Read 2587 times)
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 03, 2014, 07:00:27 PM »

According to CNN, Glenn Beck stated repeatedly on his conservative radio talk show that he's already convinced that Hillary will beat any Republican come 2016. From CNN:

"She is going to win," Beck said, matter-of-factly, because Clinton will convince voters that she is the candidate that can take the United States back to "the golden years" of Bill Clinton's administration.

Beck said, "Here's what Hillary is going to do. [She will say] 'Do you remember when America was good? Do you remember when we had jobs and we were building towards a brighter future, and things were really happening? Clinton administration, we had it under control. Things were good, and they weren't great, we're going to do better. We're going to replant our flag in the traditional things that you understand.'"

Beck also knocked Republicans, telling viewers that the party will be unable to combat this message.

"We can talk about Ronald Reagan all we want, [but] nobody remembers Ronald Reagan. It was too long ago," Beck said. "The Clinton years are the golden years."

Beck added: "While we [Republicans] are talking about technicalities and the past, they are going to be talking about a past that was brightly remembered and they will talk about the America we will become. She will win."

http://us.cnn.com/2014/09/02/politics/glenn-beck-hillary-clinton/index.html?hpt=po_c2

This is certainly an unexpected turn of events. A staunch conservative who thinks the Reagan years politically speaking already belongs to the stone age? That's news to me. Tongue
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 07:44:09 PM »

This is the same guy that claims Watch_Dogs teaches you how to hack (pun pun) and that the term "universe" proves the existence of God
JRP1994

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 07:52:58 PM »

Oh my gosh, I actually agree with Glenn Beck on something. D:
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 08:35:20 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2014, 08:37:12 PM by Dixiecrat »

Wow, it's amazing how all the Dems on this site are suddenly about to agree and take sides with a nutjob who believes that all of American history, including the Civil Rights Movement and the Lyndon Johnson's Great Society, is all just a progression to the Tea Party cutting Medicare and the dream of fighting Common Core and eliminating "Social Justice Math".
JRP1994

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 09:24:29 PM »

Wow, it's amazing how all the Dems on this site are suddenly about to agree and take sides with a nutjob who believes that all of American history, including the Civil Rights Movement and the Lyndon Johnson's Great Society, is all just a progression to the Tea Party cutting Medicare and the dream of fighting Common Core and eliminating "Social Justice Math".

The fact of Glenn Beck being a nutjob on 95% of issues does not preclude him from being right about certain things.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:23:46 PM »

He's right about the 90s being the "golden years", as the golden years are always two decades ago for any generation. But the idea that the 80s are completely forgotten is just strange.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 11:19:57 PM »

The hackism is strong with this board
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 12:45:44 AM »

A broken clock is right twice a day. This appears to be one time when Glenn Beck is right.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 01:00:02 AM »

All things considered - I'd love to know your definition of 'hack'
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 08:42:12 AM »

A broken clock is right twice a day. This appears to be one time when Glenn Beck is right.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 08:47:55 AM »

Before reading this, I was pretty confident that Clinton has an excellent chance of winning in 2016.

Now, I'm not so sure.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 10:02:07 AM »

Before reading this, I was pretty confident that Clinton has an excellent chance of winning in 2016.

Now, I'm not so sure.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 10:13:05 AM »

I don't think this means much.

Beck isn't the person you go to for measured nuanced analysis. He's passionate about stuff, but that comes with an increased chance of being wrong.

MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 02:20:31 PM »

Some of the predictions he makes have come true, but this is one of them that I hold with skepticism.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 02:32:04 PM »

Again - Hillary has screwed up sure things before. I wouldn't be so confident she gets it right in 2016 even with all of these factors in her favor. That said, she is far and away the most likely person to be elected President in 2016.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 03:02:19 PM »

Some of the predictions he makes have come true

I know you said "some", but still...this is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkSkWyhgdBk#t=11
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 03:15:50 PM »

A broken clock is right twice a day, except for those Dixiecrat and FreedomHawk clocks, who automatically turn back on twice a day to make sure they won't be perceived as "left wing hacks" by acknowledging reality.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »

Again - Hillary has screwed up sure things before. I wouldn't be so confident she gets it right in 2016 even with all of these factors in her favor. That said, she is far and away the most likely person to be elected President in 2016.

When you really think about it, the idea that Hillary screwed up 2008 at all is wrong anyway. Nobody can point to any specific examples of how she blew it other than she did.

Truth is more that Obama took it from her, she didn't give it up. She upset him in New Hampshire and was still winning primaries up until the final one in South Dakota. She won the popular vote in primaries. It was Obama's enthusiasm driven caucus results, which was not the fault of anything she did, that was driving up his delegate totals. That's what took the nomination and Presidency from her in 2008.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 06:17:10 PM »

A broken clock is right twice a day, except for those Dixiecrat and FreedomHawk clocks, who automatically turn back on twice a day to make sure they won't be perceived as "left wing hacks" by acknowledging reality.

The reality that Beck is usually and justifiably called a loon, but now that he is saying something you guys like, he's suddenly a swell guy?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 06:32:18 PM »

It really bothers me when people say a presidential candidate will win when nothing has happened with the race yet. Glenn Beck is just doing this to scare and fear monger to his audience of far right conservatives that they need to prepare for a national collapse or something. And this:

GaussLaw
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 07:50:58 PM »

1) If this election were held today, Hillary would beat any Republican.
2) Early polls are notoriously unreliable at predicting the ultimate outcome of a Presidential election.
3) Since 2012, Glenn Beck has been on a "stock your guns and ammo and buy buy buy farmland" rant.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 07:58:50 PM »

The reality that Beck is usually and justifiably called a loon, but now that he is saying something you guys like, he's suddenly a swell guy?

They're saying he's a broken clock, do you know what that means? Oh, and tell me who has posted something here suggesting he's a swell guy, please!
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 08:06:53 PM »

All things considered - I'd love to know your definition of 'hack'

He has a point considering how literally every democrat on a recent thread linking to a Pat Buchanan article pointing out all these foreign policy mistakes Clinton has made said it had no credibility due to the article being written by Buchanan.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 08:50:40 PM »

Hillary Clinton is too old to run for president which is why Joe Biden will be the Democratic nominee. Then, when he faces inevitable Republican nominee Rand Paul, another libertarian, Jesse Ventura, will make a third party run a la Nader and split the vote of people who are OK with a bald president, putting Rand Paul and his beautiful locks on the road to the White House. This is obvious to everyone except liberal hacks like Glenn Beck who don't want to see it.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »

Hillary Clinton is too old to run for president which is why Joe Biden will be the Democratic nominee. Then, when he faces inevitable Republican nominee Rand Paul, another libertarian, Jesse Ventura, will make a third party run a la Nader and split the vote of people who are OK with a bald president, putting Rand Paul and his beautiful locks on the road to the White House. This is obvious to everyone except liberal hacks like Glenn Beck who don't want to see it.

I see what you did there
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies