Woman, mattress, rape, performance art (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:17:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Woman, mattress, rape, performance art (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Woman, mattress, rape, performance art  (Read 5246 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 06, 2014, 02:37:29 AM »

If she named the person she is accusing, wouldn't it be defamation of character? Considering that as far as the law is concerned it "never happened"?

What?  That's not how "defamation of character" works.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 10:17:49 AM »

If she named the person she is accusing, wouldn't it be defamation of character? Considering that as far as the law is concerned it "never happened"?

What?  That's not how "defamation of character" works.

No I mean if she went around accusing someone of something like that without formally filing charges. Because I mean c'mon this seems like a pretty clear cut case here unless she has any evidence.

If a man and a woman both say that they've had sex with each other, and that part is not in dispute, but she says that it was not consensual (it was rape), and he says it was consensual, then I don't think she is going to get charged with defamation of character, unless you can actually prove that she's lying.  And not sure how you're going to do that in this case.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:39:35 AM »

I agree with what most of you're saying, but the fact is there really isn't any confusion about her intent here:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The problem has nothing to do with the guy's name, which is already out there in the police report, but rather the idea that the rule of law should be thrown out the window. Is that something you see nothing wrong with?

If he's guilty and she knows he's guilty, then I don't see a problem with her doing this.  That doesn't mean that we should expect the school to actually go ahead with the expulsion if the evidence isn't there.  She's welcome to do this even if the chances of it leading to punishment for the guy are slim.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies