Woman, mattress, rape, performance art (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:04:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Woman, mattress, rape, performance art (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Woman, mattress, rape, performance art  (Read 5271 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: September 05, 2014, 12:24:13 PM »

I guess I'm not entirely clear on the mechanics of booty sex either.  Why does the panel member think it physically impossible?  
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »

flabbergasted ... anally without using lube

I guess I'm still not entirely clear on that.

I only knew one girl who was really into that.  It's not my cup of tea, but I was a good sport about it.  That was a very long time ago but as I recall the mechanics were straightforward.  Or maybe straightbackward now that I think about it.  I suppose that if Sulkowics did not engage in this sort of activity on a regular basis, then the application of lubricant might have been in order, but its immediate availability would perhaps suggest some planning on the part of either Sulkowics or Nungesser.  In any case, it isn't a necessary precaution.  Just ask the thousands of incarcerated felons in US prisons.  I guess I don't find that particular aspect of the story particularly flabbergasting. 

The exploitation of one's own alleged rape, however, for the purpose of creating an assigned art project registers as somewhat flabbergastworthy.  Nevertheless, if her story is true, then I can understand her abject frustration with the system, and the extreme measures to which she resorted in order to advertise the shortcomings of the system.  And, quite frankly--although I'm not qualified as an art critic and I have no idea whether her accusations are valid--it's a brilliant concept for performance art.  I can see it earning an A+ on artistic merit alone.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 05:05:44 PM »

it wasn't possible from the positions the woman reported

As for this particular case, with multiple independent accusers, I find them more credible than the defendant.

My first thought also was that she thought it was impossible due to the positioning, but after some thought I decided that it was quite possible. 

I am also inclined to believe her story.  Still, I'm not a fan of throwing out the presumption of innocence and a fair trial by an impartial jury, and I'd add to Cory's comments that the Nancy Grace-style sensationalism isn't limited to "middle-aged women."  It's a society-wide problem.

Of course we'll never really know what actually happened on that night.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 07:33:52 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2014, 07:46:31 PM by angus »

Fearlessness can benefit, but it can also destroy.  If a raped woman is brave enough not only to face her accuser, but also to face those who doubt the veracity of her claims, it is good.  It is good because it gives strength to the victims of similar abuse and it is good because it furthers the cause of justice. Its controlled application can help serve as a guarantor that no one must suffer a similar fate.  If, on the other hand, a self-aggrandizing attention whore is willing to besmirch the reputation of our nation's most hallowed institutions and ruin the life of a man who angered or embarrassed her at some point, either for revenge or for publicity, then the fearlessness is destructive and can cause great harm. Fearlessness in and of itself is neither good nor bad. Fearlessness among men certainly has built nations, but it has destroyed more than a few of them as well.  
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:34:10 AM »

I'm not understanding the negative reaction he's getting.

I think it's the obsession.

I chalk it up to his being a little "weirder than normal" as Grumps says. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 11:41:17 AM »

haha.  I assumed that he was saying, a littler weirder even than most forum members. 

Anyway, we all have our little obsessions.  I actually don't have a problem with any of Simfan's.  This one is at least better than the sartorial thread he was stuck on a couple of years ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies