Woman, mattress, rape, performance art (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:41:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Woman, mattress, rape, performance art (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Woman, mattress, rape, performance art  (Read 5243 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 05, 2014, 07:49:59 AM »

Oooo, a Republican poster creating a thread about rape.  And in which "she's lying through her teeth", too!

Do go on.  *grabs popcorn*

Clay Aiken and Richard Murdock would be proud! Well, this and the fact that we are a breath away from vindicating rape culture by letting it take over the Senate.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »

Oooo, a Republican poster creating a thread about rape.  And in which "she's lying through her teeth", too!

Do go on.  *grabs popcorn*

Clay Aiken and Richard Murdock would be proud! Well, this and the fact that we are a breath away from vindicating rape culture by letting it take over the Senate.

Clay Aiken? Besides that note how Joe Republic apparently wants you to think I believe "she's lying through her teeth". Had a Republican made an ad with such contextual distortion, Joe would have made a thread on it by now.

I am just pointing out the two possible solutions here are either a lynch mob to run the alleged out of town or to do nothing at all about this woman's predicament. Both are equally unpleasant.

I am just hoping the Atlas community could perhaps explain things clearly so that I might not feel so conflicted about all this. Certainly, I want to hear.

Sorry, was early. lol. But still. When I was renting properties in a SRO situation, I had to deal with date rape situation where no one was believed because the girl was frightened by all the rapist's friends.  When I was pledging a fraternity, we all had to deal with a senior guy who was accused of date rape but who avoided most conduct save for a sexual harassment dismissal at a place he worked.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 12:29:43 PM »

Is there any evidence that this happened as she said? No?

We don't just take every word a complaining witness or alleged victim says as Gospel. That's not how it works. It sucks this is what it took for her and others to realize this. There is a due process procedure and it annoys me how people are willing to handwave it entirely as soon as a case that touches their emotions comes up.

I know some people who work in law enforcement. And the thing is they have to scrutinize these cases because, and I know this will rub people the wrong way, but these kinds of things are made up all the time. Most of the rape accusations they get eventually turn out to be fabricated out of personal spite before they even make it to court. Usually nobody is charged with anything.

I don't get this mentality that whenever someone is on trial for rape we automatically believe everything to alleged victim says and assume the accused is guilty until proven innocent.

There is always this side of the story, too. I knew a guy who had a falling out with a family friend, and the friend went to the police and said he molested her sons and no one believed him even though there was no physical evidence of the molestation and he was sent away for 8 years.

The point is that someone could have raped dozens of women over the years and just get a stern talking to and one guy who is celibate or a virgin could be sent to prison for years for raping someone he never even laid a finger on. The problem is that we don't really know what happens much of time because many, if not most, people have unhealthy views on sexuality.  

I guess I'm not entirely clear on the mechanics of booty sex either.  Why does the panel member think it physically impossible? 
...And these are the issues of contention that take center stage..

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 12:33:45 PM »

If she named the person she is accusing, wouldn't it be defamation of character? Considering that as far as the law is concerned it "never happened"?
Maybe not. Many states won't let you bring action for slander or libel unless it caused you to lose a job or money or  a marriage, a relationship or something of that nature.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies