Florida, Texas & California the fastest growing economies in absolute numbers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:30:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Florida, Texas & California the fastest growing economies in absolute numbers
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida, Texas & California the fastest growing economies in absolute numbers  (Read 3249 times)
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 05, 2014, 08:43:39 AM »

Numbers presented by the Washington Post today show that California, Texas and Florida are in a league of their own when it comes to growing their state economies' number of workers since January 2011 (when Scott Walker & many other governors took office). These three states have each added between 800,000 and 1.1 million new workers to the economy during this 3.5 years span. No other state has even been able to cross the 300,000 line during this period. Two or three states have even had a net loss of workers in this time frame, namely Mississippi and Arkansas (Alabama, Vermont & Tennessee have also done horrifically).

More here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/09/05/scott-walkers-2010-jobs-pledge-was-probably-not-a-good-idea/

More jobs also means more people feeling tempted to move to the state. So expect Florida, Texas and California to add a whole bunch of new citizens between 2010 and 2020! As it looks now, Florida will add at the very least 2 or 3 more EVs after 2020, perhaps more. That is, if their economy keeps growing at this speed, that is the 2nd fastest in the nation when it comes to job growth, measured in percentage, only beaten by Utah (third fastest in actual numbers). Even much hyped North Dakota only had the 4th fastest job growth in this time frame (after Utah, Florida & D.C.), while Texas came in 5th (yet 2nd in actual numbers).
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 02:59:04 PM »

Florida, Texas, and California are also the three most populous states. I'm not sure what is supposed to be gleaned from this.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:24:35 PM »

Florida, Texas, and California are also the three most populous states. I'm not sure what is supposed to be gleaned from this.
We can glean that NY state has a terrible economy I suppose.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 10:50:40 PM »

New York has a much higher GDP per capita than any of those three states. If you're only going to look at rate of growth, you may as well presume that South Sudan has the best economy in the world
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP_per_capita
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_real_GDP_growth_rate
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 05:16:19 AM »

Cuomo's miracle economy cream not up to scratch?!
RR1997
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 09:47:02 AM »

Simfan is correct.

[/thread]
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies