Brown vs. Kashkari Debate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:05:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Brown vs. Kashkari Debate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who won?
Jerry Brown (D)

Neel Kashkari (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Brown vs. Kashkari Debate  (Read 2142 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 01:54:03 AM »

Surplus of money with liberal Democrats (and Jerry Brown) in charge,while all the fiscally conservative states are in trouble.

LOL! I think even Speaker Perez, being a super liberal Dem, was shocked with the fact they created a surplus. Go California!

"Fiscal conservative" is such a misleading term. Jerry Brown is the true fiscal conservative.

So much so that most of the young California liberals hate him for it. Tongue

I wouldn't go that far, everyone is happy with how the state has rebounded, people just wish he was more aggressively liberal on issues like recreational marijuana and pumping the surplus money straight to schools and higher education rather than a rainy day fund.

Why shouldn't there be a rainy day fund?

There should be a rainy day fund.

Special interests (teachers, construction, prisons, etc) are just putting immense pressure to get their legislators to spend the surplus money instead of putting it away.

If I'm Jerry Brown, every dime of that surplus is going to pay down the wall of debt they owe. The $3 billion surplus now is going to be p!ss in the ocean when the economy turns downward again and goes in just 12 months from a budget surplus to a $36 billion shortfall like it did when Davis was governor and the dot-com bubble burst.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies