Joel Osteen and the Happiness Gospel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:28:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Joel Osteen and the Happiness Gospel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joel Osteen and the Happiness Gospel  (Read 7527 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: September 13, 2014, 09:41:17 AM »

Is he even a "profit"? Anyway, what's the difference between a false profit and a true profit? I mean, what's the process for making that determination (is there something more to it than that they say or don't say what you want to hear)? And is there such a thing as a minor false profit?

The Bible details the ways to tell a false prophet from a real prophet (if I recall correctly, I'm a bit hazy on the Bible these days). For example: If their points disagree with Scripture or if their predictions about future events prove faulty, they are false prophets.

Another good indicator is someone who says what needs to be said at the time, even if people don't comprehend its truth until much later. It's easy to contradict Osteen with a basic knowledge of the Bible, and it's plain to see that the spirit of his message is one of complacency and convenience and greed. It's something Christians ought to be furious about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies