opinion of (tgi) fridays
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:21:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  opinion of (tgi) fridays
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ....
great

so-so

a soul killing place

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: opinion of (tgi) fridays  (Read 1641 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 08:06:44 PM »
« edited: September 08, 2014, 08:17:03 PM by angus »

500 calories = tiny?!

That's about as perfect a statement as could be made, if your goal is to propagate Americans' stereotypes about themselves.  (read:  500 calories isn't particularly "tiny."  Dachau interns were expected to get by on 300 calories per day.  Okay, yes, those interns were expected to die.  That was part of the plan.  Fair enough.  Still, 500 calories = tiny?!)

FYI, it's probably mostly carbohydrate, so we can assume approximately 3.9 calories per gram.  Assuming a density of 0.7 g/ml, which seems like a fair assumption for this type of food, that dish would occupy a volume of about 183 ml, or a little more than six fluid ounces.  Hardly "tiny" even by American standards.  Stop propagating negative stereotypes.

Is it appetizing?  I'm really not sure.  I voted yes in that particular poll, because I think I could probably choke it down, and it doesn't look awful.  I'm not an expert.  I almost never order dessert, and when I do, I opt for an after dinner drink, like brandy, cognac, or calvados.  I don't have a sweet tooth, so I may not be the best one to ask, but it really doesn't look so bad.  

In any case, "tiny" it is not!

tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2014, 09:40:34 PM »

I assumed he was being sarcastic by calling it tiny.

So I ate there last night. Had a chicken BLT. Turkish bread, American style bacon, plenty of delicious chips (fries) with a little tub of mayo to dip them in. Delicious. For sure I'll need to go a bit harder on my exercise bike to offset the beautiful culinary atrocity I enjoyed last night.

At least a didn't get a burger like most everyone else. My partner got the tex mexy one with queso and salsa and those spiral cut potatoes, with yet more queso to dip chips in. Mmm. Bushie swag.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2014, 10:24:17 PM »

Curly fries you mean?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2014, 11:40:33 PM »

Holy crap! That was the most terrifying thing I've read in a long time. I actually felt like I was trapped in Fridays also. It was like something out of a Stephen King novel.

The article itself is one of my favorite pieces of writing in the world.  It's goddam hilarious.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 01:55:56 AM »

The bus stopped at one last year when coming back from New York (so, it was somewhere in the upstate, near the Interstate). It was decent.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 10:42:26 AM »

Had a chicken BLT. Turkish bread, American style bacon, plenty of delicious chips (fries) with a little tub of mayo to dip them in.

Hell yeah!  That's what I'm talking about.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 10:59:12 AM »

Had a chicken BLT. Turkish bread, American style bacon, plenty of delicious chips (fries) with a little tub of mayo to dip them in.

Hell yeah!  That's what I'm talking about.

Mayo on fries is gross, but I manage to watch you do it anyway, angus.  Wink
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 11:01:23 AM »

People have even divorced over that.  You're a good man to put up with it.  Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies