Scott Brown sums up the bottom line of the American Right (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:12:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Scott Brown sums up the bottom line of the American Right (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott Brown sums up the bottom line of the American Right  (Read 1967 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: September 27, 2014, 07:33:01 AM »
« edited: September 27, 2014, 08:02:26 AM by angus »

I am not going to create one job, it is not my job to create jobs. It's yours. My job is to make sure that government stays out of your way so that you can actually grow and expand."

This is correct.  I would assume that most people already understand this, but if they don't then it's good for Scott Brown to explain this to them.

ANGLE: As your U.S. Senator, I’m not in the business of creating jobs.

Sharon Angle said many stupid things, but this is not one of them.  The sentences following this one, however, were incorrect and it made her look stupid.  Either you believe that tripe about politicians "creating" jobs (in which case you probably also believe in the Easter Bunny), or you don't.  Scott Brown doesn't, which is commendable.  It is not clear whether Angle does, and her comments simply made her look foolish.

Of course it is disheartening when politicians prove unable to create all the jobs that they promised to create.  Oh, sure, they might give tax breaks to attract a company from one state to another, or they subsidize certain manufacturers, but all that does is shuffle jobs around.  Can any politician or candidate or CEO really "create" jobs?  That probably deserves its own thread.

The disappearance of the credit bubble has been useful in one way:  without its distortion, it has become clear that far too many Americans don't know how to do anything that the world is willing to pay them a living wage for.  Neither Keynesian nor Chicagoan theory offers them easy salvation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies