Kate Middleton pregnant with baby #2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:28:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Kate Middleton pregnant with baby #2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Kate Middleton pregnant with baby #2  (Read 3199 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »

What's the big deal? Getting pregnant is basically the only thing the royal consorts are for.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2014, 02:40:47 PM »

If they name him Scott, will it save the Union?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2014, 03:44:05 PM »

Not a fan of the monarchy but babies are cute.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2014, 04:23:38 PM »

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2014, 05:50:02 PM »

I hope for the kid's sake it's not a girl. I can only imagine the media's "Our lwittle pwincess!!!" stories ugh.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 05:59:08 PM »

As Al has correctly pointed out, as can be seen from his doltish gawp the current royal baby is clearly not a bright child (the result of generations of inbreeding on the father's side, obviously), so perhaps they're hoping for better results this time around.

Either way, awful news. The royals evidently breed like rabbits, which, like said pest, makes them more difficult to exterminate.

Oakvale, this is just a baby...

Yes?

So you don't believe you're a little extreme by saying "makes them more difficult to exterminate"?...

It's an indifference to human life that is the natural consequence of advocating for everyone to be banned.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 07:14:49 PM »

As Al has correctly pointed out, as can be seen from his doltish gawp the current royal baby is clearly not a bright child (the result of generations of inbreeding on the father's side, obviously), so perhaps they're hoping for better results this time around.

Either way, awful news. The royals evidently breed like rabbits, which, like said pest, makes them more difficult to exterminate.

It's very disappointing that we allow this sort of filth to be posted on our forum. Shameful.

Oakvale's IP address is being forwarded to MI5 for further investigation as I type this.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 04:07:23 AM »

I wonder if his BBC colleagues laugh at Nicholas Witchell ("Senior Royal Correspondent"). While they're out covering real stories, sometimes putting their lives on the line, he's reporting about morning sickness.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 04:50:05 AM »

Meh. Republics are better.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2014, 05:58:14 AM »

I'm not a hardcore Republican (in the Australian context) but I don't get why this is an issue, either way. 
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2014, 09:52:24 AM »

Great news! another offspring to a dynasty of inbreed Germans who will do naught and live off the people while getting honour and positions simply for being dumped out of the right uterus.
I hope that by the time his brother would need to take the throne there will be a large popular republican movement in the UK.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2014, 10:16:30 AM »

Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2014, 10:25:38 AM »

Great news! another offspring to a dynasty of inbreed Germans who will do naught and live off the people while getting honour and positions simply for being dumped out of the right uterus.
I hope that by the time his brother would need to take the throne there will be a large popular republican movement in the UK.

I do find it ever so amusing when certain leftists turn into racial blood purists when it comes to the Royal family Roll Eyes. Although, mind you, nowadays the German connection is increasingly remote (Prince Philip's mother was German, and the Queen's grandmother also was, although she was raised in Britain).
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2014, 11:07:07 AM »

You do know that's the Queen of Denmark?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2014, 12:06:04 PM »

Don't mess with Daisy!

ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2014, 01:23:23 PM »

I wonder if his BBC colleagues laugh at Nicholas Witchell ("Senior Royal Correspondent"). While they're out covering real stories, sometimes putting their lives on the line, he's reporting about morning sickness.

In that case they're idiots, he get a well paid job with little risk, low risk of making enemies and which make him a household name across a nation (which are the thing all journalist really want more than anything else).
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2014, 02:45:27 PM »

In that case they're idiots, he get a well paid job with little risk, low risk of making enemies and which make him a household name across a nation (which are the thing all journalist really want more than anything else).

You mean journalists aren't all interested in only a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2014, 06:00:35 PM »

I'm a Republican, but if forced to choose, I'd take Scandinavian-style monarchies over a bunch of clowns occupying the Buckingham Palace any day.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2014, 10:42:04 PM »

I'm well aware, but monarchist is monarchist, regardless.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2014, 08:29:21 PM »

Its terrible that the Royal baby news was completely overshadowed by the video of a football player knocking his girlfriend out and dragging her out of the elevator like a caveman.

In 5 or 20 years no one will remember the creep and his biz-nitch but the unborn baby will be in the news all the time. I'm serious, there has been Zero news coverage on American TV about this (at least that I've seen).

I wonder if its less of a story this time because this baby is the proverbial "spare" and therefore not as buzzworthy.

P.S.: Why are they cramming the pregnancies so close together? Prince George and his sibling will only be about 20 months apart. Kate has another 20 years in which to have children.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2014, 08:41:23 PM »

Its terrible that the Royal baby news was completely overshadowed by the video of a football player knocking his girlfriend out and dragging her out of the elevator like a caveman.

In 5 or 20 years no one will remember the creep and his biz-nitch but the unborn baby will be in the news all the time. I'm serious, there has been Zero news coverage on American TV about this (at least that I've seen).

I wonder if its less of a story this time because this baby is the proverbial "spare" and therefore not as buzzworthy.

P.S.: Why are they cramming the pregnancies so close together? Prince George and his sibling will only be about 20 months apart. Kate has another 20 years in which to have children.
First of all, I have more of a chance of getting with Abby Huntsman than this kid has getting the throne. I don't see why we should be as interested here as we were for Prince George, which was actually news.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2014, 09:01:42 PM »

I'm serious, there has been Zero news coverage on American TV about this (at least that I've seen).
There shouldn't be
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2014, 11:02:57 PM »

I can understand some of our posters being averse to the guillotine imagery being posted in this thread. After all, England has a perfectly good alternative to the guillotine pioneered in the days when it decided that monarchy wasn't such a great idea after all -- before the counterrevolution and the restoration of monarchy in all-but name under Cromwell, of course.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 12:56:52 AM »

First of all, I have more of a chance of getting with Abby Huntsman than this kid has getting the throne.
Is there some arcane limitation on collateral succession here? Or has she expressed interest?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2014, 06:40:11 AM »

I, too, am disappointed that a serious national conversation about the NFL's shocking tolerance for domestic violence was not overshadowed by the personal life of a ceremonial figurehead of another country.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies