Kate Middleton pregnant with baby #2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:51:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Kate Middleton pregnant with baby #2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Kate Middleton pregnant with baby #2  (Read 3171 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2014, 09:21:28 AM »

P.S.: Why are they cramming the pregnancies so close together? Prince George and his sibling will only be about 20 months apart. Kate has another 20 years in which to have children.
If we talking about a third brat in a couple years time, I'd be worried that Kate might be viewed as little more than a baby factory, but two kids close together is hardly unusual.  Prince Charles and Princess Anne were similarly spaced.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2014, 01:08:26 PM »

I mean good for them and all, but who cares?  I certainly don't see why anyone in the U.S. should.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2014, 03:55:59 PM »

Its terrible that the Royal baby news was completely overshadowed by the video of a football player knocking his girlfriend out and dragging her out of the elevator like a caveman.

In 5 or 20 years no one will remember the creep and his biz-nitch but the unborn baby will be in the news all the time. I'm serious, there has been Zero news coverage on American TV about this (at least that I've seen).

I wonder if its less of a story this time because this baby is the proverbial "spare" and therefore not as buzzworthy.

P.S.: Why are they cramming the pregnancies so close together? Prince George and his sibling will only be about 20 months apart. Kate has another 20 years in which to have children.

LOL, what? She's 32 years old.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2014, 06:21:23 PM »

As Al has correctly pointed out, as can be seen from his doltish gawp the current royal baby is clearly not a bright child (the result of generations of inbreeding on the father's side, obviously), so perhaps they're hoping for better results this time around.

Either way, awful news. The royals evidently breed like rabbits, which, like said pest, makes them more difficult to exterminate.

Jesus dude they aren't the House of Saud.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2014, 09:27:04 PM »

And the average age of menopause is 51.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2014, 09:51:29 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2014, 03:55:40 AM by politicus »

Menopause is just the point at which your body cant produce children - not the point at which its unrealistic to have them. Lurker is entirely correct to say LOL. She has 10-12 years left and about 5 with OK odds. Everything is downhill from 27 in this area and fast downhill from around 37 (to the point of falling off the cliff Wink  ).

EDIT: So according to this chart it starts sliding from the early 20s, before its going downhill for real.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2014, 11:36:42 PM »

Menopause is just the point at which your body cant produce children - not the point at which its unrealistic to have them. Lurker is entirely correct to say LOL. She has 10-12 years left and about 5 with OK odds. Everything is downhill from 27 in this area and fast downhill from around 37 (to the point of falling off the cliff Wink  ).

It's not as if she and her hubby won't have any help in raising any lil' ones they choose to have.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2014, 01:30:22 AM »

Is that just me or Charles I doesn't have a neck on this picture even before they dropped the axe?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2014, 01:50:18 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2014, 03:39:50 AM by politicus »

Menopause is just the point at which your body cant produce children - not the point at which its unrealistic to have them. Lurker is entirely correct to say LOL. She has 10-12 years left and about 5 with OK odds. Everything is downhill from 27 in this area and fast downhill from around 37 (to the point of falling off the cliff Wink  ).

It's not as if she and her hubby won't have any help in raising any lil' ones they choose to have.

Oxforded.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2014, 08:38:52 AM »

I can understand some of our posters being averse to the guillotine imagery being posted in this thread. After all, England has a perfectly good alternative to the guillotine pioneered in the days when it decided that monarchy wasn't such a great idea after all -- before the counterrevolution and the restoration of monarchy in all-but name under Cromwell, of course.

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »

Maybe my sense of downhill is being skewed by the play I'm currently rehearsing, Never Too Late, but it is hardly unrealistic for one to be a mother in one's forties if one chooses to.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2014, 05:38:03 PM »

So if I had said 15 more years then no one would have had a problem?

Its terrible that the Royal baby news was completely overshadowed by the video of a football player knocking his girlfriend out and dragging her out of the elevator like a caveman.

I, too, am disappointed that a serious national conversation about the NFL's shocking tolerance for domestic violence was not overshadowed by the personal life of a ceremonial figurehead of another country.

I've always found the term "national conversation" a useless buzzword, just like "pro-active".

Don't get me wrong, I was appalled by what Rice did as well, it was just surprising that it totally overshadowed Pregnancy #2. I hate football that's why the whole incident is kind of boring. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies