Swedish general election, 2014
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:19:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Swedish general election, 2014
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who is getting/would get your vote?
Social Democrats

Moderates

Greens

Liberal People's Party

Centre Party

Swedish Democrats

Left Party

Christian Democrats

Feminist Initiative

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Swedish general election, 2014  (Read 1351 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 02:56:02 PM »

Yeah didn't remember if it was them, but I do remember FI wants men to pay a higher tax rate simply for being male, the sort of thing that MRAs would actually love since it would actually lend credence to their crap for once. But they aren't relevant anyway and holding a handful of seats won't make them either.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 03:49:12 PM »

The Sweden Democrats. I have a couple of issues with them, but they are preferable to the other options on that list.

What about the Christian Democrats?

They're internationalist, pro-EU and don't oppose mass immigration. I suppose I'd vote for them if the SD weren't an option, though...
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 06:48:55 PM »

I was hoping for something more exciting but that isidewith quiz thing told me I belong in the Socialdemokraterna camp so SD it is I suppose...
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 06:50:31 PM »

Hmmm... Where does an anti-EU, but non-xenophobic conservative such as myself go in Sweden?

Christian Democrats or Moderates I guess for me. Voted Christian Democrats in the poll.

You cant get the pure eurosceptic/non-xenophobic conservative combo in Sweden, but CD is definitely the most traditionally conservative party. Moderates would be too, well, moderate for you.

The Moderates' name from what I've gathered is just a historical anachronism. They're about as right wing as the Tories or the CDU with the only big difference being they don't have a hardline socon faction.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 07:08:40 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2014, 07:12:43 PM by politicus »

Hmmm... Where does an anti-EU, but non-xenophobic conservative such as myself go in Sweden?

Christian Democrats or Moderates I guess for me. Voted Christian Democrats in the poll.

You cant get the pure eurosceptic/non-xenophobic conservative combo in Sweden, but CD is definitely the most traditionally conservative party. Moderates would be too, well, moderate for you.

The Moderates' name from what I've gathered is just a historical anachronism. They're about as right wing as the Tories or the CDU with the only big difference being they don't have a hardline socon faction.

That is completely wrong (especially regarding the Tories). The party has moved left under Reinfeldts leadership and is presently the most centrist of the four centre-right parties.

So the name is actually pretty accurate nowadays.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2014, 08:56:50 PM »

Its a formerly hilariously ironic name.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2014, 09:01:41 PM »

Moderates. Liberal People's Party and Christian Democrats would also be good fits.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2014, 09:02:21 PM »

I'd probably vote F! to troll certain groups of people.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 03:37:49 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

That is completely wrong (especially regarding the Tories). The party has moved left under Reinfeldts leadership and is presently the most centrist of the four centre-right parties.

[/quote]

The name thing is weird though. Before 1970 they were called "Högerpartiet". Then they changed the name to affect the public's perception of them, just before choosing a leader that would move them further to the right (Gösta Bohman).
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2014, 08:35:39 AM »

Trolling the left, I suppose? Tongue
As you can see on this forum, the Swedish centre-right is very content With F!'s spoiler role.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 12:16:12 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The name thing is weird though. Before 1970 they were called "Högerpartiet". Then they changed the name to affect the public's perception of them, just before choosing a leader that would move them further to the right (Gösta Bohman).
[/quote]

Yeah, moderate and Gösta Bohman doesn't really belong in the same sentence. I suppose Höger was simply too outdated and old fashioned, so they had to come up with a new more "modern" and non-ideological name, whitout necessarily wanting to change their politics. Presumably moderate was more to sound modern than centrist.

Its strange that the name Høyre survived in Norway, but you have a preference for keeping antiquated but unambiguous and "strong" names such as having newspapers named things like Fedrelandsvennen, Adresseavisen and Klassekampen (and a party called Arbeiderpartiet).
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2014, 12:43:01 PM »

Greens, I guess.

If I wanted to troll properly, my vote would have been for the 'Satanist Initiative' (write-in).
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2014, 01:10:33 PM »

Yeah, moderate and Gösta Bohman doesn't really belong in the same sentence. I suppose Höger was simply too outdated and old fashioned, so they had to come up with a new more "modern" and non-ideological name, whitout necessarily wanting to change their politics. Presumably moderate was more to sound modern than centrist.

Its strange that the name Høyre survived in Norway, but you have a preference for keeping antiquated but unambiguous and "strong" names such as having newspapers named things like Fedrelandsvennen, Adresseavisen and Klassekampen (and a party called Arbeiderpartiet).

That's probably true - in general, Norwegians like to keep some antiquated traditions just for the sake of it. Though with regards to Adresseavisen, its name has actually been modernized several time: Its original name was Kongelig allene priviligerede Trondheims Adresse-Contoirs Efterretninger. Tongue
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2014, 04:11:34 PM »

Nobody voting People's Party is a bit strange on a board with so many self-identifying liberals, at least some moderate Democrats should be attracted to it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies