The GM Assistance/Keeping Things Moving Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:30:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The GM Assistance/Keeping Things Moving Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The GM Assistance/Keeping Things Moving Act (Debating)  (Read 2080 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 08, 2014, 03:51:28 PM »

The greater the flexibility we have, the better, especially now.

Cynic, you and I had talked about having a person who does stories or culls news, I guess, and another person who crunches numbers. That might split the load a bit and it would allow someone who wants to work on news to do that and someone who finds numbers-crunching easy and interesting in this setting to do that. In the end, it cannot hurt, so I support the proposal.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 03:39:06 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2014, 03:59:09 PM by DemPGH, President »

Yeah, I don't know that I would want to elect a GM - there could be a LOT of problems with that from inactivity to a power struggle with the President or the Senate. Retiring or eliminating the position really should be considered if we don't do the GM by committee format. At this point, though, I only have one person interested in being GM.

If we eliminated the position, we'd need someone to crunch numbers. The SoIA? Accountant General?

In the absence of a GM, I've given both secretaries latitude to tell stories and to make decisions in their respective spheres. They check with me, I say, "Cool," and they go with it. Which reminds me that I need to write an exec order for the SoEA soon!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 09:26:06 AM »

One thing to consider: If multiple GMs works out, we may not need SoIA / SoEA. Just a thought, because there could be overlap, but I'm definitely in favor of an independent (hopefully) person to work numbers and who understands all this stuff in Atlasian economic context.

I don't know if creating this position is really that a good idea. I mean we can't even fill the GM now, how could we fill two positions then? On the other hand, maybe people will be more inclined to do it, when there are two "smaller" positions?

That's generally the idea as I see it. Managing news and and running economic data is a lot for one person to do, and honestly, not a lot of people really understand the economic stuff. After I was elected and put up my call for applications, a number of people said, "I can do GM, but not the econ stuff." Nappy was willing to do both and understood the game well enough that I just thought he was the best choice.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 09:21:36 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

X DemPGH, President

This appears to be the final text, which is what I mean t sign.

Again: The greater the flexibility, the better.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies