Regulatory Overhaul and Review Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:37:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regulatory Overhaul and Review Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regulatory Overhaul and Review Act (Debating)  (Read 3237 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: September 09, 2014, 02:06:38 AM »

Reading your responses here, one could assume you have a very bad opinion of civil servants. According to you, they would exist just for the sole purpose of robbing good corporations of their hard-earned money, make life as hard as possible for everyone, and then rob everyone of their money. This couldn't be further from the truth.

You do realize that the people that write regulations are not the ones that enforce them? So practically said, the ones writing the regulations can't do anything with them once they are finished with their work, and they cannot do much before, because they have strict rules on how to write regulations. On the other hand, the ones enforcing the regulations/laws have no possibilty to in any way alter them for their personal gain. It is just silly to think so, I am sorry, but that is the truth.

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 06:52:58 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Another strawman. I haven't said anything about personal gain in this thread. The problem I've brought up is regulatory capture.
Given, you didn't use the words "personal gain" but in any way, you have not showed the highest opinion of civil servants. I guess I took this a bit too personal; but anyway, I am not convinced of supporting your bill. There is a reason we have the system in place we have now, and to let the Senate vote on every regulation would be the overkill for the current system, there is no way we could do all of this.
But, I could support a Senate committee, that would debate and possibly eliminate unnecessary regulations, in combination with some office or place where citizens can propose any regulation they would want to see repealed? 
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 07:34:26 AM »

Aye I guess
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 10:50:39 AM »

Abstain for the redraft
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 12:08:24 PM »

Debate should be resumed.

So would a citizen be able to say, "I want Clause 6 removed from Statute Y from 2010" and then the Senate would vote to repeal it? Hmm.

As far as I understood the bill; this would just be for regulations, not bills passed by the Senate, but regulations passed by different levels of administrations. So I would guess no.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 09:02:59 AM »

That's an odd partisan/ polititcal position vote here...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 01:00:47 PM »

I am sorry to not have said something to this before, but I guess "category of regulation" is quite a vague term that could have had not wanted side-effects. What is a category of regulation anyway? I guess we have a more or less concrete term with regulation, something that is workable with in a way; but what is a category of regulation? For example one could say "every regulation dealing with labor issues" is a category of regulation, who says which regulation deals with labor issues. That could prove disastrous before the courts should we come to the point of voting on "every regulation dealing with labor issues". Now that I think of it, I really don't know if there is a point of this bill in general. I mean, who can deliver this one exact regulation (for the first version of the bill) anyway? And I don't want to start with "category of regulation"...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 08:03:13 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

x Cranberry

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies