Describe the administration of the previous poster.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:48:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Describe the administration of the previous poster.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Describe the administration of the previous poster.  (Read 1301 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 09:36:57 AM »

Well, a progressive  and isolationnist government.
A lot of troubles with the current congress though.

rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 09:42:13 AM »

Progressive, not much of a difference from Obama/Clinton.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 09:59:24 AM »

I don't know him yet so I must assume his administration would be marred with nuclear genocide.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 10:02:07 AM »

Cigarettes, Vodka, (I'd say girls but I'm not sure Kal has much luck there), Weed........yeah, I want to join!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »

His affinity to the good taste, especially with alcohol and girls overshadows everything. Surely not popular with prudes, but otherwise a beacon on how to live life the right way Tongue
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 03:15:06 PM »

Runs as a progressive, tries but fails to get much through the congress.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 03:22:53 PM »

Maxwell would be instantly assassinated Tongue.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 03:32:07 PM »

A authoritarian liberal, would be horrific. Just complete tyranny Wink

Liberals would hate him for being too wishy-washy and supporting drugs prohibition and growing the military budget, conservatives would hate him because he would be a democrat Tongue His governing style would probably be more like Clinton's but his actual views would be more Wilson-esque.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 03:34:18 PM »

The Windjambler presidency would be by-and-large an attempt to hearken back to the days of the good ol' liberal consensus of the 40's, 50's, and 60's. However, those times are gone, and his brand of authoritarian progressivism wouldn't sit well with a lot of voters and lead to a larger groundswell of "liberty Republicans" and the like. Known as a nice enough guy, Carteresque in that sense, but he meets the same fate as the Georgian in seeking re-election.

As for ElectionsGuy, it seems you'd get a generic libertarian, something hard to come by in regards to electability, but hey, here we are. Maybe he was elected as part of the anti-Jambler backlash, in which case he would have to walk the tightrope between holding his coalition together and enacting true change from the previous administration.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2014, 03:35:47 PM »

A generic one with strong conservative leanings.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2014, 03:37:39 PM »

Whilst he was only narrowly elected to the Presidency, Cathcon would be regarded as a generally stron, decisive chief executive, one who was able to build up a good relationship with Democratic legislators through innumerable rounds of whisky and cigarettes. Despite that, there was some criticism as to whether those rounds were more about pleasure or legislating.

Vega would have been a rather generic, but successful Democrat.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2014, 03:58:04 PM »

President Cassius would be well regarded as one of the "smartest" men to grace the oval office. He'd serve his term would be regarded as one of the best. He is later remembered on the two dollar bill.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2014, 04:47:48 PM »

Vega would produce a bland, fairly liberal regime. He wouldn't be an icon to the left nor a bete noire to the right. Think an Eisenhower of the left.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2014, 04:49:48 PM »

My friend DC would be nice with everyone except performing abortions or making abortions.
Abortion would become illegal, doctors would be sentenced to death.
But except that, he would be relatively beloved because he wouldn't offend the left economically. He wouldn't make too much cuts in the budget and wouldn't want to go to war so easily.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2014, 05:08:58 PM »

See the nonexistent wikipedia article on the Presidency of Dianne Feinstein.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2014, 05:48:49 PM »

A mixture of Ron Paul and Mitt Romney.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2014, 06:26:50 PM »

A President who able negotiate with Congress by appealing to moderate Democrats and less-insane Republicans. The results could be mediocre, but I don't his administration doing any harm, which is much more important.

I think of him as a kind of modern-day Ford.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2014, 06:51:54 PM »

An overall center-left administration. Similar to Bill Clinton's presidency.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2014, 07:46:26 PM »

Switch George Bush out for John McCain in 2000, but still have Iraq, and there you more or less have it. A center-right, internationalist administration.
SNJ1985
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2014, 09:14:13 PM »

I imagine that he would govern similarly to how Ron Paul described his potential administration during his 2012 campaign. He'd have a tough time getting his proposals through Congress. He'd seek to massively scale back the surveillance state, cut defense spending and pursue a non-interventionist foreign policy.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2014, 09:15:38 PM »

Theocracy. Will probably make himself the Christian version of Ayatollah, or perhaps delegate all governance of the United States to the pope after dissolving the legislative and judicial branches.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2014, 10:10:54 PM »

He'd stop ISIS with a beer summit.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2014, 10:19:45 PM »

After winning election on a populist economic platform of lower taxes, single-payer health care, and withdrawal from NAFTA and other free-trade agreements, (and after his enraged questioning of his hawkish opponent "would you join and fight yourself?!" over and over again in the foreign policy debate went viral), his approval ratings plummet when his administration is revealed to be incredibly corrupt, and investigative reporters uncover the President's former ties to the white nationalist website Stormfront, as well as many other past comments deemed offensive to minorities and immigrants. In a desperate attempt to win reelection, the now borderline sociopathic President is caught in a Watergate-style scandal and impeached.

Several years after his impeachment, it is discovered that Sanchez had foolishly taped all of his conversations in the White House. After the tapes are released, it becomes clear that he was even crazier than previously thought, and often speculated to his advisors about the existence of a globalist conspiracy to assassinate him and establish a "New World Order." He also frequently made racist, xenophobic, and anti-Semitic comments in jest, though this revelation may have actually improved and cemented his reputation in the public memory as a lovable, hilariously politically incorrect buffoon who, despite being a buffoon, was still our buffoon.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2014, 10:37:26 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2014, 10:41:31 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

After winning election on a populist economic platform of lower taxes, single-payer health care, and withdrawal from NAFTA and other free-trade agreements, (and after his enraged questioning of his hawkish opponent "would you join and fight yourself?!" over and over again in the foreign policy debate went viral), his approval ratings plummet when his administration is revealed to be incredibly corrupt, and investigative reporters uncover the President's former ties to the white nationalist website Stormfront, as well as many other past comments deemed offensive to minorities and immigrants. In a desperate attempt to win reelection, the now borderline sociopathic President is caught in a Watergate-style scandal and impeached.

Several years after his impeachment, it is discovered that Sanchez had foolishly taped all of his conversations in the White House. After the tapes are released, it becomes clear that he was even crazier than previously thought, and often speculated to his advisors about the existence of a globalist conspiracy to assassinate him and establish a "New World Order." He also frequently made racist, xenophobic, and anti-Semitic comments in jest, though this revelation may have actually improved and cemented his reputation in the public memory as a lovable, hilariously politically incorrect buffoon who, despite being a buffoon, was still our buffoon.
Minus the corruption part, this is perfect. If I could find the clapping gif, I'd use it. That last line is exactly how I want to be remembered!

Edit: Also, I never had any connection to StormFront. I just lurked from time to time in my worst phase. I'd pardon myself and resign with a bang, and the taping will be intentional to create the image of "buffoon."

-skip-
RR1997
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2014, 10:52:55 PM »

Deus Naturae: A very libertarian administration. Would put a huge emphasis on small government and "liberty" (whatever that means) when president. Would also veto a lot bills. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies