Has anyone actually watched the beheading videos?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:51:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Has anyone actually watched the beheading videos?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has anyone actually watched the beheading videos?  (Read 921 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2014, 03:41:19 PM »

Just curious.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 04:09:33 PM »

Nope; It hasn't made my bucket list yet.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 04:45:19 PM »

No, nor do I plan to
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »

I don't intend to, but IIRC, isn't illegal to watch these videos? Or is that only in the UK?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 05:36:52 PM »

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 07:13:38 PM »

I saw the first one, know your enemy etc etc.  It was absolutely appalling even though they cut out the worst part.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 07:29:57 PM »

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 08:02:51 PM »

I heard the Daniel Pearl one (forget the circumstance) and I watched one of the Chechen cutting off Russian soldier's head once many moons ago (it wasn't anywhere near as graphic as the others) and I got to the knife at neck point of the James Foley video before closing the page.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 08:54:38 PM »

I heard the Daniel Pearl one (forget the circumstance) and I watched one of the Chechen cutting off Russian soldier's head once many moons ago (it wasn't anywhere near as graphic as the others) and I got to the knife at neck point of the James Foley video before closing the page.

Yeah, I always turn it off- in this case Isis did that and just showed the horrendous aftermath.  I think I lasted a half second on Pearl audio.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 09:16:33 PM »

No. I don't have much interest in searching for them. If someone gave me a direct link. I would probably watch it though.

I watched a video tape of some murders by these teenagers in Ukraine a couple of years ago. They kidnapped some random old man and were shoving a screwdriver in his eye socket and laughing. It was bad. They are in jail.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 08:51:06 AM »

Out of respect for the victims I do not watch them.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 11:11:22 AM »

Yes.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 12:10:01 PM »

No.

I've seen the video of them shooting (at least hundreds of ) Iraqi soldiers, which also has several clips of them shooting at apparent random at cars and their drivers, not to mention shots of them blowing up mosques. Combined with the pictures of severed heads mounted on fence spikes in Raqqah and being held like toys by their fighters, and the pictures of headless children, I'd say I've had more than my fill of ISIS gore and have no desire to see more.

I was watching the video of them shooting the soldiers, at the very end, after shooting them on their bellies and shooting them bent over, they bring them down to some dock, shoot them and push them into the river, and there was just this pool of blood at the edge.

The slightly worrying thing was that I wasn't all revolted by the shootings themselves- I seemed to have been desensitised to it, maybe it was the lack of blood and guts, or maybe I was unable to fully process that this was real and not and not something out of a movie.

But what really set me off was when the last soldiers were being brought down to the dock, there was this guy that made a point of slapping each and every one of them on their back as they went past, as if the ignominy of being shot wasn't enough for them, that they had to disrespect their victims before murdering them.. That disturbed me more than anything else. These people are hell-bent on totally disrespecting, defiling, and destroying everyone and everything that doesn't fit their narrow definition of proper Islam.

This is another reason we should strike them wherever we can and aid those resisting them. The more resistance they face to their expansion, the less they are able to carry out these atrocities. The  explosives used to blow up mosques, shrines, and churches, the guns and bullets used to kill innocents, and the fighters used to carry out mass atrocities such as these, would instead be have to be diverted to fight on the front lines, averting, if only in part, such acts of inhumanity.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 12:18:01 PM »

No thanks.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 12:44:14 PM »

I saw the first one, know your enemy etc etc.  It was absolutely appalling even though they cut out the worst part.
Hehe. *chuckle*

No seriously, intentional ?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 07:20:16 PM »

Hehe. *chuckle*

No seriously, intentional ?

Oh God no.  Seriously, it is really horrifying and depressing to see what one human can do to another. The video of the Iranian protesting girl who got shot and killed has stuck with me to this day. I dont know why I watch this but I guess I think it important to see what is really going on and the true extent to the enemies we face and conversely the human damage done by the US as well.
swl
France

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 04:17:53 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td9SyiIRHWs

Is this thing real? It looks like ISIS is a bunch of 15 years old who played too much video games...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 09:36:18 AM »

Nope, no desire to.

I might make an exception if the scumball with hood and knife was getting his chopped off though. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies