I communicated with opebo a few weeks back
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:11:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I communicated with opebo a few weeks back
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I communicated with opebo a few weeks back  (Read 974 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »

hopefully the Mods won't see it as an affront to their cult to pass along some innocent words from the dead.  here was his entire e-mail.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

sounds like he's remained at the top of his game.  you should know if you're an "old chum" or not.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 07:26:22 PM »

I can only imagine where this thread is going.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »

I can only imagine where this thread is going.
Lots of tears and hand wringing.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 08:16:01 PM »

I'm glad he is safe. Tell him that we all miss him and await his triumphant return, as well as the destruction of his enemies.
GaussLaw
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 08:46:54 PM »

I'm glad he is safe. Tell him that we all miss him and await his triumphant return, as well as the destruction of his enemies.

When I first read this, I thought I was reading the book of Revelation.......

The opebo obsession here is insane.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 08:56:50 PM »

You wouldn't understand since you're new here. When you've read someone's posts on here for 9 years its understandable to be upset when that person is suspiciously ejected from this site. I didn't like the prostitution stuff in his posts but that's who he was and I accepted that, I don't go around judging other people, he was always nice to me. 

Thank you for posting that Tweed.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 08:58:41 PM »

So glad to see you doing well, opebo!

Cheers!
-HD
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 08:58:51 PM »

Good to see that he's doing well. Hope the mods will perhaps loosen up sometime in the future, but I don't think it would be much like opebo to ever communicate with them and request a sanctioned return.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 09:03:11 PM »

Good to see that he's doing well. Hope the mods will perhaps loosen up sometime in the future, but I don't think it would be much like opebo to ever communicate with them and request a sanctioned return.

Yea, and what would such a return entail?  What would be the stipulation?  Probably that you can never, ever, ever be funny or a good poster again, and that all posts must be kept to Christie vs. Hillary map threads. 

Nah... either bring it all down or allow our legends to sail off into the great unknown. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 09:04:21 PM »

Good to hear from him! I dearly miss his input.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 09:05:06 PM »

I was also able to communicate with two old forum favorites recently, nkpatel1279 and kljackson.  Their messages to the forum were....

nkpatel1279:

kljackson:

I'm pleased to see that they're still thinking of us.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 09:06:47 PM »

Now I feel bad and like an idiot - he sent me a similar email back on August 25th and I forgot to convey the message. Sad
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 09:17:09 PM »

it would have to be done through intermediaries.  and Torie would likely demand a humiliating expression of repentance from opebo, O'Brien style, and opebo would have none of that.  I don't believe opebo himself has any interest in attempting to negotiate a return, so it hasn't been on the IPU's radar at all.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 09:21:18 PM »

Glad to hear he's doing well and has moved onto other non-forum things. A real shame we missed his insight on the whole Ferguson thing though.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 10:10:17 PM »

I also miss obepo's input and am glad to hear he is doing well.  However anyone feels about his many controversies,he was an excellent poster who added both a lot of humor and a lot of content to the Forum. Very sad to see it all thrown away by a gang of internet prudes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 10:42:16 PM »

"Very busy here with work?" Good Lord. They've gotten him. Sad
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 02:19:45 PM »

it would have to be done through intermediaries.  and Torie would likely demand a humiliating expression of repentance from opebo, O'Brien style, and opebo would have none of that.  I don't believe opebo himself has any interest in attempting to negotiate a return, so it hasn't been on the IPU's radar at all.

Well since my name was dropped, against my better judgment regarding commenting, I think you misread opebo on that front. Privately, opebo was very cooperative with me. It is a pity I was AWOL when it all came down, because I may have been able to diffuse the ensuing explosion - with the emphasis on may. Anyway, it is spilt milk now.

It is good that opebo is doing well. I wish him all the best.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 07:53:12 PM »

I also miss obepo's input and am glad to hear he is doing well.  However anyone feels about his many controversies,he was an excellent poster who added both a lot of humor and a lot of content to the Forum. Very sad to see it all thrown away by a gang of internet prudes.
He may have added humor for certain people (he certainly said a lot of sh**t I laughed at), but I can't see how anybody can say with a straight face that he was an excellent poster.  Or that he would have added some great insight on the Ferguson situation.  He was probably the most predictable regular poster here.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 08:19:14 PM »

He may have added humor for certain people (he certainly said a lot of sh**t I laughed at), but I can't see how anybody can say with a straight face that he was an excellent poster.  Or that he would have added some great insight on the Ferguson situation.  He was probably the most predictable regular poster here.
Just about everybody here is predictable. Phil is an abrasive Republican hack. I'm horrified by the continued presence of organized religion. Bushie probably ate an entire cow today. Consistency is one of the hallmarks of a valid psychological profile. Unless you're a 15 year old who changes his mind every two weeks, which opebo certainly was not. The economics board, in particular, is a neo-liberal circle jerk without opie.  I, for one, value diversity of opinion.  Unfortunately, the mods do not.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies