Opinion of 9/11 Jokes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:48:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of 9/11 Jokes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Yeah
Positive

Neutral

Negative

Extremely Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Opinion of 9/11 Jokes  (Read 3424 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« on: September 14, 2014, 10:10:22 AM »

As for why I don't do those things, well I got to make ends meet.  In this country you kind of have to have a job where you can afford food and sh*t.  If I don't have the money, how am I going to help the poor and the oppressed Tongue?  I do give money to charities and participate in local non-profit organizations in the area that tackle problems like sexual slavery and starving children in Africa (though more as a part time member), so I'm much more than just a hashtag activist like you say.

There are more ways to help the poor and oppressed than just donating money. That's good and all, but you can also go to an actual charity and volunteer your time and physical labor doing what needs to be done. The charity I work for is doing just fine in terms of monetary donations; it's the warehouse overflowing with donations that needs volunteers to help to make the store and charity viable. Just Google charities in your area or ask around for one that needs help, and check out their finances to make sure they're legit.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 04:58:05 PM »

As for why I don't do those things, well I got to make ends meet.  In this country you kind of have to have a job where you can afford food and sh*t.  If I don't have the money, how am I going to help the poor and the oppressed Tongue?  I do give money to charities and participate in local non-profit organizations in the area that tackle problems like sexual slavery and starving children in Africa (though more as a part time member), so I'm much more than just a hashtag activist like you say.

There are more ways to help the poor and oppressed than just donating money. That's good and all, but you can also go to an actual charity and volunteer your time and physical labor doing what needs to be done. The charity I work for is doing just fine in terms of monetary donations; it's the warehouse overflowing with donations that needs volunteers to help to make the store and charity viable. Just Google charities in your area or ask around for one that needs help, and check out their finances to make sure they're legit.

I as more addressing X post which seemed to imply that because I wasn't workin full time to combat poverty Im a hypocrite.  In that very post you linked I said I worked with organization that combats sexual slavery.  My bigger point was more to address what I saw as a strawman used by some people to chastise liberals who make money while making anti poverty statements.

And mostly that point being in this country not everyone can go full time activist when you have to survive in order to do so. (yet another anti-capitalist point)

Ah, I missed the word "participate". My bad. Continue on, brave crusader. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies