Perhaps the most out-of-touch video ever (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:38:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Perhaps the most out-of-touch video ever (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Perhaps the most out-of-touch video ever  (Read 4296 times)
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« on: September 13, 2014, 11:33:37 AM »

Simfan, don't you think that some of that money would be better spent feeding starving children in Ethiopia?
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 11:59:50 AM »

Simfan, don't you think that some of that money would be better spent feeding starving children in Ethiopia?

Who do you think I am, Jeffrey Sachs?

I don't know what that means, but your original post was "What"?, so I'll respond to that one: Don't you think that there are better uses for a person's money than spending $40,000 a year to send their kids to private school, or spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a house?
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 12:15:04 PM »

Who do you think I am, Jeffrey Sachs?

I don't know what that means, but your original post was "What"?, so I'll respond to that one: Don't you think that there are better uses for a person's money than spending $40,000 a year to send their kids to private school, or spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a house?

Surely utilising one's money in an attempt to better the comfort and prospects of one's family is the best way in which said money can be used?

If one has attained an above-average level of comfort and ensured above-average prospects for one's family, and then has the opportunity to improve the comfort and prospects of someone else's family, one should do that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies