Post one of your quirks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:13:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Post one of your quirks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Post one of your quirks  (Read 1981 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2017, 01:48:37 PM »

I must do things in multiples of 3. Lock my car three times, my car radio station must be at a number that's divisible by 3, when I pace around I count to make sure the number of steps I do is divisible by 3, etc.
Is your name Bonnie Kelly, by chance?

Nope, but I've been told that I look like Dennis from the show. Tongue

I think Tesla also had the number 3 as one of his OCD habits/quirks.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2017, 03:31:52 PM »

I aspire to solve a rotational, plastic puzzle a few centiseconds faster than other people. It's fun.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2017, 01:11:09 AM »

Some personal quirks of mine....

1. I sing by ear.  Play me any song, and I can sing it back to you without looking at the music. 
2.  I sometimes like to put ketchup on steak.  To quote my ex-stepfather...."Philistine!" Wink
3.  I love sci-fi tv shows and films, especially in the area of alternate history.  I'd say "Quantum Leap" is my favorite sci-fi show. 
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2017, 01:13:59 AM »

I must do things in multiples of 3. Lock my car three times, my car radio station must be at a number that's divisible by 3, when I pace around I count to make sure the number of steps I do is divisible by 3, etc.

Otherwise known as Obsessive-Compulsive Syndrome, LOL.  Wink
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2017, 02:43:51 AM »

My tendency is to regard reality as a sitcom or television drama, and to refer to people as "characters" and to higher power as "the writers". If someone exhibits a new or unexpected behavior, I might balk, saying "your character doesn't do that!"

I actually do this myself; I sometimes develop "fan theories" about what'll happen to a person's life next. I typically do this with people I know but don't see very often though, imagining myself as a recurring side character and them as the main protagonist. (I probably wouldn't say "your character doesn't do that!", unless it's to someone who knows me very well, who I typically don't do this to, though I've caught myself telling people about real-life "running gags", whether in my life or theirs, in the past).

I suppose my biggest quirk is my extreme preference for cold weather, and my resistance to it; I can calmly walk around for 10 minutes or so at -10F barefoot in a T-shirt without any ill effects or even discomfort.

I really love black tea, and am capable of drinking up to a gallon of hot, unsweetened black tea a day.

I really love maps. But that goes without saying, considering my presence on Atlas Forum.

I really love hiking, especially in forests or mountains. Most people on this forum probably have a very sedentary lifestyle, so perhaps that counts as a quirk here. I've had many less opportunities to do this since going to college in an urban environment and no longer having a car, unfortunately, and I've gotten rather out of shape Sad

I really despise haircuts, find them horribly uncomfortable, and try to put them off as much as possible. This one's inherited -- when my father got his first haircut at age 3, he yelled for someone to rescue him from "these fascist barbers" Cheesy

Member of Atlas Forum and not a virgin

This counts, apparently Tongue
Rjjr77
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2017, 11:48:31 AM »

Your current post total isn't divisible by 3.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2017, 02:28:34 AM »

I am also good at maps. Making them, using them and making sense of them.

When i work in the field, i dont need a GPS.

Once i have been shown a location, i have a great sense of direction to get back to it.

My girlfriend says i am extremely affectionate.

My ex-wife says i am ungrateful and self-centred.

I tolerate liars and help them continue the lie until they tell the truth.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »

I still use a bunch of made-up words that I, my brother, and a friend made up when we were in elementary school, when talking to people who'd get it.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2017, 02:01:50 PM »

Is binge drinking a quirk?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61