Office of Barnes - Private Citizen (Statement on the result of the elections)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:19:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Barnes - Private Citizen (Statement on the result of the elections)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Office of Barnes - Private Citizen (Statement on the result of the elections)  (Read 5096 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 02:53:35 PM »

The current ant-LGBT legislation in the Mideast is repugnant to my beliefs and anathema to the values of the Northeast.  If any such legislation, or similar legislation targeting other groups of people, ever appeared before me as Governor, I would be unwavering in my decision to veto it.  Of course, I shouldn't expect the Northeast Assembly to ever pass such regressive legislation in the first place. 

Sawx has once again raised the specter of consolidation on this issue as well: let me be firm, I have absolutely no plan to introduce or support consolidation in the Northeast, as I have repeatedly said.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »

I'm familiarizing myself with all of the rapid developments over the past 36 hours or so.  Let me first state emphatically that any attempted secessionist movement is flagrantly illegal and has not a shred of justification around it.

Sawx and I have both pledged absolute opposition to the disgraceful events happening in Vermont at the moment, and I fully expect order to be restored there shortly.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 12:58:36 PM »

I must revise my statement seeing as I have found little action by the Governor on this issue.  As I've said, I'm playing catch up on all of this. Wink Tongue

Cranberry has obviously shown himself to be in control of the situation and I welcome him to the region to deal with this crisis.  I must strongly implore the Governor to step into the arena and deal with the situation in the Northeast as soon as possible.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 09:38:02 PM »

A few words on all of the events that have recently transpired

It appears now that the political crisis has reached its climax.  Personally, I am very happy to see an end to this wild nature that has griped Atlasia over the past week.  Of course, from the perspective of a game, this has certainly revved up outside interest and in-game activity. Grin

I would just like to say that I am, and always have been, my own man in Atlasia.  I have played this game for over five years, and I think those who have known me for that time will know that I have always been fair, even-tempered, kind, and never in any way warranting of review by the mod team.  In fact, I have never had any post reported to a moderator or been warned in any way by them.

I mention this only to stress that I am in this game to have fun, both as an individual player, and as a collaborator with the rest of the community.   This is only a game, and I have no time to recruit followers and minions from outside sources, plot devious coups, and stab every friend I have in the back.  (Of course, if this was real-life politics, I'd be much more open to those proposals. Wink)  I'm just simply who I am, and always have been.

I am a committed social democrat with liberal heart and thus find that my natural political party is Labor.  I enjoy being a member of the Labor Party, but I am not its servant, or a vestige of its party apparatus.  I am my own man, with my own beliefs.

It is on that basis that you must decide whether or not to support me for Governor - because any other such basis would be contrary to who I am.

Thank you.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 09:53:00 PM »

We've passed the climax. You missed it.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2014, 10:01:42 PM »

We've passed the climax. You missed it.

I am constantly bemused by your consistently harsh way in responding to people...

I was merely stating that the high-point of the drama has been reached - Tyrion being temporarily banned and Cranberrry taking over this morning seems to be within the realm of recent events. 

It appears now that the state of affairs is returning to some level of normality; in the wake of that, I felt it appropriate to make a statement.     
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2014, 11:35:10 PM »

As Governor, I will draft legislation upon taking office that will define a standard of positive sexual consent within the Northeast on college campuses.  In short, the bill would mandate that all colleges and universities receiving finical aid from the Northeast government to agree that silence or lack of resistance on the victim's part, or drunkenness on the part of the aggressor, is an acceptable defense in cases of sexual assault and rape. 

We can all agree that campus sexual violence, assault, and rape, are heinous actions that have no part in our society.  I will act swiftly and aggressively to protect victims of these acts and to prosecute their aggressors within the full force of the law. 

Additionally, upon taking office as Governor, I will issue an executive order creating a special executive commission tasked with investigating sexual assault and rape allegations in all private colleges and universities in the Northeast.  I hope the administrations of the relevant campuses will assist with the investigation when it is implemented.   
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2014, 02:51:11 PM »

I've been on the down-low over the past few days dealing with several things at college.  I hope I can rely on my supporters' votes this weekend, and if elected I promise to deliver a clear vision for the future success of this region. 

I will respect the will of the voters whatever the result is - I do not believe in compromising on my principles or unfairly blemishing my opponents in order to court votes.  Of course, not all candidates agree with that kind of campaigning, but I do. 

I truly hope I can have your vote this weekend.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2014, 11:33:59 PM »

The voters have decided and I will accept their verdict.  I am obviously disappointed in the result, but you win some and you loose some.  I do congratulate Sawx on his handsome victory and hope he performs well in his new office; I'd also like to congratulate Winfield on a very well run campaign as well.  The voters of the Northeast will be watching our government with interest over the coming months, and hopefully our new officeholders can meet their expectations.  Our new leaders must prove their effectiveness and keep this an active and productive region.  I will help in any way I can in that regard.

I am extremely indebted to my supporters who stuck with me throughout the Labor crisis the past few weeks, an influx on new voters in the region, and other obstacles facing the Atlasian left.  An election in this game is but a fleeting moment, and there will be many races in the future where your dedication and resolve will prove worthwhile.

As for me personally, I have every intention of staying on as Chief Judicial Officer and contributing to regional and federal political issues that catch my attention.

Finally, I'm very grateful for those who wrote me in for Northeast Assembly.  It doesn't appear that I will cross the quota, but according to my calculations, we came damn close, and that's saying something for a campaign that was totally spontaneous and was not connected to me. Grin

So, for now, I bid you all adieu.  I have no idea what my political future will hold, but for the moment I'm content being that annoying person who tells you that it's too early to cast your ballot in a Northeast voting booth! Grin

Until next time.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2014, 11:43:46 PM »

I'm sorry you didn't win Sad

(ps: you posted the message four times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2014, 11:48:29 PM »

I'm sorry you didn't win Sad

(ps: you posted the message four times)

Thanks for that! Wink  It was a real pain in the ass trying to get that thing to post, I suppose it just wasn't supposed to be. Grin
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 01:05:18 AM »

Finally, I'm very grateful for those who wrote me in for Northeast Assembly.  It doesn't appear that I will cross the quota, but according to my calculations, we came damn close, and that's saying something for a campaign that was totally spontaneous and was not connected to me. Grin

Looks like you got a damn good consolation prize instead, then.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2014, 12:36:56 PM »

It looks like I spoke too soon!  I'm extremely surprised and extremely indebted to those who began a write-in campaign for me to go to the Assembly.  I will be take up my seat enthusiastically and seek to put forward my agenda for a more progressive and active Northeast.

I thank you all again so much, and here's to the future! Cheesy
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 09:49:23 PM »

I will be introducing a bill to deal with sexual assault on college campuses in the Northeast within a week of taking office, also Napoleon and I will be collaborating to advance legislation that will clarify regional voting laws and establish an easily accessible resource for the election administrator of the day.

Either next week or shortly there after, I will introduce legislation that will establish a commission of inquiry into all current allegations of rape and sexual assault on private university campuses in the Northeast.

Finally, by the end of next week, I plan to introduce legislation that will prevent entire families from being evicted from their homes because of a criminal conviction for one family member whose crime is in no way associated with the rest of his family.  As the situation currently stands, an entire family can be forced from their home over a crime committed by a relative whose official residence is with them - even if the family had no association with said relative's crime.

I look forward to a productive session ahead.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 05:27:11 PM »

I was very pleased to accept the Governor's appointment of me as Lieutenant Governor.  It may appear if we might make strange bedfellows given that we have just concluded an election campaign against one another, however, I believe in using my position in the Assembly to move the Northeast forward as much as possible, and serving as Lt. Governor will help in that regard. 

The position is one that I am uniquely familiar with - it is the first position I ever held in Atlasia, back in 2009, and I was Lt. Gov. to spearhead the creation of the Assembly itself and preside over its operations for the first three months of its existence.

In other news, I have just now introduced an amendment to the Standing Orders which I think will better clarify the role of the Speaker of the Assembly and give a much better procedure for the election of Speaker.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2014, 01:08:41 AM »

I'm pleased to announce that I will be a candidate for re-election to the Assembly in December, and I'll actually be on the ballot this time! Wink

I feel that my record over the past month has been quite noteworthy.  Since taking office, I've introduced six pieces of legislation - no other representative has introduced any.  The only other bills before the Assembly, both introduced by the Governor, were significantly altered by amendments made by me.

I have not missed any votes in the Assembly, and have taken part in every debate.

I believe my record largely stands for itself and I would be pleased to have your support.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2014, 02:49:57 AM »

Endorsed, naturally.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2014, 10:05:10 AM »

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2014, 01:44:41 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2014, 11:29:49 PM by Barnes »

I thank you both for your support. Smiley

Regional elections don't always attract as much attention as federal races, but I've thoroughly enjoyed my time in the Assembly so far, and it's very nice to be in a position that has a manageable workload to handle with my commitments to university.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2014, 06:49:35 PM »

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2014, 06:06:53 PM »

I sincerely thank everyone who has voted for me so far.  I really hope I'll be returned to the Assembly and be able to continue my vision of a more progressive and prosperous Northeast.

If you haven't voted yet, I encourage you to do so. Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2014, 01:10:30 AM »

I am extremely pleased to have been chosen to be a member of the Assembly for the next term. I sincerely thank every person who voted for me, and I congradulate every candidate who has been elected.

I look forward to working with you all in the new term.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2014, 05:07:25 AM »

Congratulations!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2014, 01:56:14 PM »

Here's to another two months of working together.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2014, 02:00:14 PM »

Congratulations Representative Barnes on your re-election.

I look forward to working with you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies