Scottish independence - The Official Atlas Forum mock referendum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:06:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Scottish independence - The Official Atlas Forum mock referendum
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Poll
Question: Should Scotland be an independent country?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 148

Author Topic: Scottish independence - The Official Atlas Forum mock referendum  (Read 6304 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 08:07:10 PM »

Not really sure, if I had to choose, I would vote for Independence.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 08:07:31 PM »

A British loyalist American is a distressing phenomenon.

Also, if Scots get independence, then Ireland would go to war over North Ireland.

Yes, definitely.

Dafuq, oh is this the poster who is 12?

Yes. Although given the level of discourse I wouldn't be surprised if it were otherwise.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2014, 08:09:55 PM »

Also, if Scots get independence, then Ireland would go to war over North Ireland.

Yes, definitely.

Yes. Although given the level of discourse I wouldn't be surprised if it were otherwise.

Now I remember why I try to stay off this part of the forums, because I'm actually a waste of humanity. Yay for my seemingly never ending waste of breath that crawls around on the planet and dares to breathe your same air.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2014, 08:11:31 PM »

Yes, definitely.

Now I remember why I try to stay off this part of the forums, because I'm actually a waste of humanity. Yay for my seemingly never ending waste of breath that crawls around on the planet and dares to breathe your same air.

You can't see how saying "Ireland will go to war over the north if Scotland quits the UK" is silly? What's your reasoning for this?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2014, 08:14:54 PM »

Yes, definitely.

Relax Jack.  It is just that I don't know where you would get that the Republic of Ireland would, even if it had the capability, go to war in Northern Ireland because of Scottish Independence.  There are several reasons that this is just an odd and out of left field statement.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »

Yes, definitely.

You can't see how saying "Ireland will go to war over the north if Scotland quits the UK" is silly? What's your reasoning for this?

Yes, definitely.

Relax Jack.  It is just that I don't know where you would get that the Republic of Ireland would, even if it had the capability, go to war in Northern Ireland because of Scottish Independence.  There are several reasons that this is just an odd and out of left field statement.

I was meaning going to war with England over the issue of Northern Ireland and all that IRA crup that happened...
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2014, 08:31:05 PM »

Not going to happen Jack... btw - you do know what the IRA is don't you?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2014, 08:31:10 PM »

Yes, definitely.

Yes, definitely.

I was meaning going to war with England over the issue of Northern Ireland and all that IRA crup that happened...

Okay, I'll clear it up - Ireland has never gone to war over Northern Ireland. The IRA had no connection to the Republic of Ireland but was an illegal terrorist group. Ireland did have a civil war between pro-Treaty and anti-Treaty sides over the North (the Treaty in question allowed the partition of the island), but that's it. We're not going to go to war. Huh
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2014, 08:31:30 PM »

No. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2014, 08:32:04 PM »

Jack, very brief and simplistic summary: Ireland gained limited independence in 1922 that slowly evolved from the Irish Free state to the Republic of Ireland. The Treaty had partitioned 6 counties in the North that were largely Protestant and in support of the Union.  There was a civil war in Ireland that followed this treaty. The pro-treaty side won and since then the Irish government has been against the IRA and worked in concert with the British against physical force republicanism.  As part of the Good Friday agreement in 1998, the Republic even amended the constitution to remove claim to the North. There has been a political peace process and devolution in the form of the Northern Ireland assembly since.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 08:35:30 PM »

Yes, a long-deserved secession.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 08:35:55 PM »

Well I'm definitely the idiot of the year. Yay for me and my soap opera of fail. Tongue
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 08:36:52 PM »

Oakvale why are you spending your saturday night explaining why the Republic of Ireland isn't going to invade a friendly country to the north???

(well i guess it's nearly 3 there)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 08:37:21 PM »

Oakvale why are you spending your saturday night explaining why the Republic of Ireland isn't going to invade a friendly country to the north???

Because of my idiocy.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2014, 08:38:37 PM »

I have no money. This is light entertainment to me at this point in my sick life.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2014, 08:51:04 PM »

I have no money. This is light entertainment to me at this point in my sick life.

The North is nice this time of year... let the invasion commence Wink
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2014, 08:52:38 PM »

Absolutely.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2014, 09:00:28 PM »

In Jacks defense, I speculated that Ulster Unionists might have been behind the Boston bombings in the first hours after the attacks. Of course, seeing as two Chechens were the culprits, my suggestion wasn't that crazy.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2014, 09:10:21 PM »

In Jacks defense, I speculated that Ulster Unionists might have been behind the Boston bombings in the first hours after the attacks. Of course, seeing as two Chechens were the culprits, my suggestion wasn't that crazy.

Huh Elaborate?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2014, 09:11:32 PM »

To be fair, yes it was.

Good documentary on The Troubles if you are interested in learning more, Jack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSb_XhN2L6s
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2014, 09:23:38 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2014, 09:27:37 PM »

In Jacks defense, I speculated that Ulster Unionists might have been behind the Boston bombings

What.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2014, 09:41:15 PM »

No because I don't buy into idiotic crap like nationalism.

A "No" vote is an endorsement of British nationalism.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2014, 09:59:21 PM »

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2014, 11:09:55 PM »