Scottish independence - The Official Atlas Forum mock referendum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:53:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Scottish independence - The Official Atlas Forum mock referendum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Scotland be an independent country?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 148

Author Topic: Scottish independence - The Official Atlas Forum mock referendum  (Read 6401 times)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« on: September 13, 2014, 08:00:57 PM »

Though I'm all for independence, i do think that autonomy would work better. I've always wanted to see an independent Scotland since I was like 6 or 7, but honestly I have too see more reasons for Scotland to go. If it's for efficiency, then yes. If it's because of not being able to whine at Parliament, then no. Unless if they go Fifth of November, or if England is going 18th century, I would support it, but honestly I would hate too see the Union Jack changed. Also, if Scots get independence, then Ireland would go to war over North Ireland. Not only at, currently Europe is in a very horrible economic status. Right here, right now? No.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 08:09:55 PM »

A British loyalist American is a distressing phenomenon.

Also, if Scots get independence, then Ireland would go to war over North Ireland.

Yes, definitely.

Dafuq, oh is this the poster who is 12?

Yes. Although given the level of discourse I wouldn't be surprised if it were otherwise.

Now I remember why I try to stay off this part of the forums, because I'm actually a waste of humanity. Yay for my seemingly never ending waste of breath that crawls around on the planet and dares to breathe your same air.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »

Also, if Scots get independence, then Ireland would go to war over North Ireland.

Yes, definitely.

Yes. Although given the level of discourse I wouldn't be surprised if it were otherwise.

Now I remember why I try to stay off this part of the forums, because I'm actually a waste of humanity. Yay for my seemingly never ending waste of breath that crawls around on the planet and dares to breathe your same air.

You can't see how saying "Ireland will go to war over the north if Scotland quits the UK" is silly? What's your reasoning for this?

Yes, definitely.

Relax Jack.  It is just that I don't know where you would get that the Republic of Ireland would, even if it had the capability, go to war in Northern Ireland because of Scottish Independence.  There are several reasons that this is just an odd and out of left field statement.

I was meaning going to war with England over the issue of Northern Ireland and all that IRA crup that happened...
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 08:35:55 PM »

Well I'm definitely the idiot of the year. Yay for me and my soap opera of fail. Tongue
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 08:37:21 PM »

Oakvale why are you spending your saturday night explaining why the Republic of Ireland isn't going to invade a friendly country to the north???

Because of my idiocy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies