Scottish independence - The Official Atlas Forum mock referendum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:36:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Scottish independence - The Official Atlas Forum mock referendum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Scotland be an independent country?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 148

Author Topic: Scottish independence - The Official Atlas Forum mock referendum  (Read 6493 times)
pendragon
Rookie

« on: September 13, 2014, 06:14:21 PM »
« edited: September 13, 2014, 06:16:17 PM by pendragon »

Yes.  Besides my decentralist bias, an independent Scotland would make rUK politics considerably more sensible (it might help to desectarianize Northern Ireland politics as well), while Scotland itself would instantly run out of other people's money upon independence, forcing them to move towards a productivity-based economy (or possibly a speculation-based economy, a la pre-financial crisis Ireland or Iceland, but even that would be an improvement over the current subsidization and transfer-payments-based economy, with some resource extraction and speculation).  There would be some growing pains, but it would be, in the end, the best thing to happen to Scotland since the Industrial Revolution.
pendragon
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 02:29:34 PM »

I'm actually rather neutral on Scottish Independence, I've never been there, never plan to and I don't think I've ever actually met a Scot. If I had a say in the referendum I would vote no, but I wouldn't weep if Scotland did leave the Union.

You've never met a Scot?  I've met several, and I'm not even British...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies