Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:31:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130106 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 08:38:58 PM »

Actually, last night for supper, I had a roast beef dinner with a baked potato, corn, ranch style beans, and a lettuce and cheese salad

A burger and fries is beef, cheese, lettuce, wheat, potatoes. Corn is a grain equiv to wheat.

So basically you had a burger and fries with beans on it. Congrats on eating less healthier than usually. I can't imagine how many servings you had, too.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 08:47:36 PM »

Actually, last night for supper, I had a roast beef dinner with a baked potato, corn, ranch style beans, and a lettuce and cheese salad

A burger and fries is beef, cheese, lettuce, wheat, potatoes. Corn is a grain equiv to wheat.

So basically you had a burger and fries with beans on it. Congrats on eating less healthier than usually. I can't imagine how many servings you had, too.

Why are you attacking me for potatoes when you yourself recommended a steak with MASHED POTATOES from Texas Roadhouse over Labor Day weekend?  Plus, you said a complete meal is better than a burger and fries and now you're attacking me over a complete meal.  You have no credibility left with me.  I am no longer listening to anything you have to say.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »

Why are you attacking me for potatoes when you yourself recommended a steak with MASHED POTATOES from Texas Roadhouse over Labor Day weekend?  Plus, you said a complete meal is better than a burger and fries and now you're attacking me over a complete meal.  You have no credibility left with me.  I am no longer listening to anything you have to say.

Bushie might have you here, King. 

Still, Jeffrey, no way are you getting out of my doghouse until I get a selfie with MANGO IN MOUTH!  You hear me, brah?  GET SOME!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 08:52:27 PM »

...wait, he was listening?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2014, 09:06:38 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2014, 09:09:18 PM by King »

Why are you attacking me for potatoes when you yourself recommended a steak with MASHED POTATOES from Texas Roadhouse over Labor Day weekend?  Plus, you said a complete meal is better than a burger and fries and now you're attacking me over a complete meal.  You have no credibility left with me.  I am no longer listening to anything you have to say.

I recommended steak, with some potatoes and VEGETABLES. Broccoli, spinach, carrots, green beans. You ordered potatoes and mac and cheese. I didn't say any crap about baked beans or corn or cheese. You never listened to anything I had to say.

You did not eat a complete meal at your grandmothers. You had no greens, no oranges, no purples, no nothing. You had carbs, fat, carbs, fat, and carbs. Same as it ever was.

You will never lose weight because you ignore vegetables and you need to eat vegetables EVERY DAY for EVERY MEAL. Your complete meal was more carbs and more calories than most McDonalds combos.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »

Why are you attacking me for potatoes when you yourself recommended a steak with MASHED POTATOES from Texas Roadhouse over Labor Day weekend?  Plus, you said a complete meal is better than a burger and fries and now you're attacking me over a complete meal.  You have no credibility left with me.  I am no longer listening to anything you have to say.

I recommended steak, with some potatoes and VEGETABLES. Broccoli, spinach, carrots, green beans. You ordered potatoes and mac and cheese. You never listened to anything I had to say.

You did not eat a complete meal at your grandmothers. You had no greens, no oranges, no purples, no nothing. You had carbs, fat, carbs, fat, and carbs. Same as it ever was.

You will never lose weight because you ignore vegetables. Your complete meal was more carbs and more calories than most McDonalds combos.

I think he's miffed at you because he did have lettuce. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2014, 09:12:17 PM by King »

I recommended steak, with some potatoes and VEGETABLES. Broccoli, spinach, carrots, green beans. You ordered potatoes and mac and cheese. You never listened to anything I had to say.

You will never lose weight because you ignore vegetables. Your complete meal was more carbs and more calories than most McDonalds combos.

He has lettuce on his burgers. Lettuce is not going to help him unless it's a rough lettuce like spinach or kale. He needs actual vegetables.

It's all part of his selective editing of advice he receives. I tell him steak, potatoes, and broccoli is a complete meal and he translates that as steak, potatoes, gravy, beans, corn, cheese as a complete meal.

Steak, beans, and broccoli is complete meal. Steak, corn, and snap peas is a complete meal. Steak, cheese, and asparagus is complete meal.

No veggies, no exercise, no weight loss. That's a fact.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2014, 09:12:11 PM »

He has lettuce on his burgers. Lettuce is not going to help him unless it's a rough lettuce like spinach or kale. He needs actual vegetables.

It's all part of his selective editing of advice he receives. I tell him steak, potatoes, and broccoli is a complete meal and he translates that as steak, potatoes, gravy, beans, corn, cheese as a complete meal. It's not.

You know he's not going to make that distinction.  If he eats a plant he declares victory and has a Double Quarter Pounder to celebrate. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2014, 09:12:51 PM »

It's all part of his selective editing of advice he receives. I tell him steak, potatoes, and broccoli is a complete meal and he translates that as steak, potatoes, gravy, beans, corn, cheese as a complete meal.

Steak, beans, and broccoli is complete meal. Steak, corn, and snap peas is a complete meal. Steak, cheese, and asparagus is complete meal.

You've lost all credibility, so you might as well save your breath and go back to the bleachers.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2014, 09:14:36 PM »

I know he's not going to make the distinction. I have low expectations for him and expect him to die within the decade, but I'll be damned if he thinks he has a gotcha moment on me before he passes on.

You've lost all credibility, so you might as well save your breath and go back to the bleachers.

I'm not the one who has trouble breathing.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2014, 09:14:51 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2014, 09:16:28 PM by HockeyDude »

No rest until #SassyBushie is trending

EDIT: And God Bless You, Eraserhead.  If this season was Bushie-produced we would be heading for a mid-season locking by Page 3.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2014, 10:17:18 PM »

I really am looking forward to going back to work tomorrow to begin Week 7.  It's like a fresh start.  We moved offices Friday afternoon and the rest of the team completed the move over the weekend.  I am looking forward to opening up the new office tomorrow morning at 0730.  I may try to get there a few minutes early so I can get things set up in my own cubicle so I can have the most optimal working conditions that I can have.  It may take me a few minutes to get set up, but I should be able to pick up where I left off in my current project pretty quick.  I will work until 1700 tomorrow, so I'll get an extra half hour to spend in the new office.  I am really looking forward to this new office.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2014, 11:17:35 PM »

King is quickly becoming one of my favorite Update characters.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2014, 11:21:32 PM »

Speaking of beloved Update supporting characters, did you get a chance to hang out with JJ aka Blondie the Dog when you were back home?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2014, 07:00:25 AM »

Good Monday Morning!  I am awake and ready for Week 7 to begin.  I can't wait to christen the new office this morning.  Tonight is Monday Night Football.

Lief - I did get to hang out with JJ.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »

Lunch time!  This has been a really good first day in the new office.  I have a little more privacy than I did in the old office, but everyone is still accessible.  My boss wants me to leave at 1600, not 1700 all week because of logistics.  I may be able to work til 1700 next week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2014, 01:04:04 PM »

Before I get back to work, I must announce that as of midnight tonight there are only 100 days til Christmas!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2014, 01:16:03 PM »

Before I get back to work, I must announce that as of midnight tonight there are only 100 days til Christmas!

lol
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2014, 01:33:24 PM »

Lunch time!  This has been a really good first day in the new office.  I have a little more privacy than I did in the old office, but everyone is still accessible.  My boss wants me to leave at 1600, not 1700 all week because of logistics.  I may be able to work til 1700 next week.

Uh oh.......
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »

I have a little more privacy than I did in the old office

Sorry writers, but I see your clever little "fired for briefly relaxing at work" scene from a mile away. Try again.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2014, 01:49:53 PM »

Bushie - define logistics, and did you get a new chair?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2014, 02:00:56 PM »

While I'm waiting for my computer to reboot, the logistics is that there is no phone line or internet, yet in this new office.  It's been ordered, but not yet installed.  So, my boss is having to stay at the old office to man the phone line.  Because of that and the fact that I'm not quite independent, yet, he doesn't want me here when no one else is here.  Everybody else leaves at 1600 or around there.

King, I do not briefly relax at work.  I'm not that dumb!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2014, 02:02:04 PM »

Grumps, I have a better chair that covers my entire derrière.  So far it's a lot more comfortable.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 02:56:56 PM »

bushie does your boss closely supervise you?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 03:22:03 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies