Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:50:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130385 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2014, 03:25:55 PM »

Joe, please stop discriminating against a smart, dedicated, and hard working employee like Milton with comparisons to his polar opposite in Bushie because of  their appearance.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »

Good Monday Evening!  I am home from a great day at work.  Week 7 is off to a stellar start.  I got a lot of stuff done today on the project I was working on late last week.  Tonight, it is time for Monday Night Football with a projected bed time around 2245.  I hope to get as much done tomorrow as I got done today.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2014, 06:10:11 PM »

Looks like I definitely picked the right title for this season.

Nice work, Bacon King.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2014, 06:38:36 PM »

Grumps, I have a better chair that covers my entire derrière.  So far it's a lot more comfortable.

This?

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »

Grumps, I have a better chair that covers my entire derrière.  So far it's a lot more comfortable.

This?

I'm not near that fat.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 07:34:44 PM »

I'm just about a week removed from the poor review.  It is very apparent that my boss is very intentional about working with me.  It makes me eager and willing to work with him.  Since the review, I have had four excellent days.  Now, I'm not naive enough to think the review has been forgotten, but the fact that he's willing to work with me tells me that he hasn't made up his mind to put me out to pasture.  Today, I was able to work unsupervised.  I only had to ask for help twice on my projects both by phone.  Both times were just to make sure I was on the right track.  I was both times.  Tomorrow should be a similar day.  I got a lot of stuff done today on the project I was working on late last week.  I should be able to move onto another project sometime tomorrow.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 11:06:11 PM »

Hey Bushie just a heads up, when you're asking for help from a supervisor when it's something you "should" already know, instead of asking "Could you tell me again how to do [thing]?" it's infinitely better to phrase it in this style:

"Hey, I just want to double-check. If I want to do [thing] then I should do [Part A] then [Part B], right?"

Regardless of how much you actually know, just fill in the details as best you can and ask for clarification (although if you have absolutely no clue about something you should definitely just ask, in as specific a manner as possible). This allows your supervisor to accurately gauge your comprehension of the subject so they can quickly clarify the thing you need help on without telling you stuff you already know. It's a lot easier on him to just say "yep" when you're verifying if you're on the right track, than to repeat an entire concept for you to double check for yourself.

PS what kind of projects are you working on?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2014, 06:56:10 AM »

Good Tuesday morning! It was a late night last night but it was worth it as I watched my Philadelphia Eagles absolutely wallop the nauseating Indianapolis Colts! It was a real thrashing. During the game, I enjoyed some grilled chicken, corn and MASHED POTATOES, washed down with some good, old fashioned H2O.

The Champions League returns this afternoon at 2:45:00 PM ET so I'll probably watch one of the matches at a nearby watering hole.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 07:01:42 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning!  I am awake and ready for Day 31.  Tonight, I need to make a quick run to Walmart and then I'll watch two episodes of Big Brother (Sunday and Tuesday).  No games on tonight.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2014, 07:02:45 AM »

then I'll watch two episodes of Big Brother (Sunday and Tuesday).  No games on tonight.

Yes, same here!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2014, 07:11:43 AM »

then I'll watch two episodes of Big Brother (Sunday and Tuesday).  No games on tonight.

Yes, same here!

You guys are practically the same person now.  Phil should be Bushie's understudy, in case the latter ever gets sick, and needs a last minute replacement for an Update performance.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2014, 09:27:57 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning!  I am awake and ready for Day 31.  Tonight, I need to make a quick run to Walmart and then I'll watch two episodes of Big Brother (Sunday and Tuesday).  No games on tonight.

Buy some dumbbells when you go to Walmart??
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2014, 12:46:22 PM »

Lunch time.  Today is going really well.  I've finished the project I was working on the last few days and now I'm helping one of my coworkers with his project due to the time critical nature of this project.  We need to get out this transmitted by tomorrow, so we're having to finish it up today.  My part is fairly simple, but requires a lot of math and critical thinking and problem solving.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2014, 01:05:08 PM »

but requires a lot of math and critical thinking and problem solving.

What kind of math, just to get a general idea?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2014, 04:33:58 PM »

but requires a lot of math and critical thinking and problem solving.

What kind of math, just to get a general idea?

A lot of algebra and some trig.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2014, 04:35:07 PM »

Are you good on math, Bushie? Do you need to brush up on anything? I imagine you haven't done exercises in it since you were a college freshman.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2014, 04:38:37 PM »

Good Tuesday Evening!  I am home from a very good day!  I finished the project I was working on today.  It was in two parts and I did the first part before lunch and the second part after lunch.  I decided to skip Walmart for the evening and instead I'm just going to relax and watch Big Brother.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »

Are you good on math, Bushie? Do you need to brush up on anything? I imagine you haven't done exercises in it since you were a college freshman.

I'm pretty good in math.  I went all the way through Calculus AB in high school.  I've done quite a bit of math in the 6 1/2 weeks I've been at this job, so I'm up to snuff again on my math skills.  There's really nothing to practice at home as I have to dig a little bit on the drawings and even look at master drawings to find the measurements that I need.  I mainly have to calculate lengths and weights to get the exact figure.  It's a bit more involved than general textbook math.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2014, 04:56:02 PM »

Actually, last night for supper, I had a roast beef dinner with a baked potato, corn, ranch style beans, and a lettuce and cheese salad

A burger and fries is beef, cheese, lettuce, wheat, potatoes. Corn is a grain equiv to wheat.

So basically you had a burger and fries with beans on it. Congrats on eating less healthier than usually. I can't imagine how many servings you had, too.

Why are you attacking me for potatoes when you yourself recommended a steak with MASHED POTATOES from Texas Roadhouse over Labor Day weekend?  Plus, you said a complete meal is better than a burger and fries and now you're attacking me over a complete meal.  You have no credibility left with me.  I am no longer listening to anything you have to say.

I'm guessing that King isn't encroaching on the 300 lb marker.  He should have a heck of a lot more credibility in your mind than you do (which is quite sad).  King didn't just recommend steak and mashed potatoes; anyone with some basic problem solving skills could realize that if he wants you to stop eating fries, you shouldn't go around eating mashed potatoes instead.  You need to cut the starches way down.  I would've advised against potatoes entirely, but he's still way more credible in the nutrition realm than the 250+ pound guy who can't stop eating crap.

Lunch time.  Today is going really well.  I've finished the project I was working on the last few days and now I'm helping one of my coworkers with his project due to the time critical nature of this project.  We need to get out this transmitted by tomorrow, so we're having to finish it up today.  My part is fairly simple, but requires a lot of math and critical thinking and problem solving.

Do you honestly consider yourself good at those things?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2014, 05:19:10 PM »

Actually, last night for supper, I had a roast beef dinner with a baked potato, corn, ranch style beans, and a lettuce and cheese salad

A burger and fries is beef, cheese, lettuce, wheat, potatoes. Corn is a grain equiv to wheat.

So basically you had a burger and fries with beans on it. Congrats on eating less healthier than usually. I can't imagine how many servings you had, too.

Why are you attacking me for potatoes when you yourself recommended a steak with MASHED POTATOES from Texas Roadhouse over Labor Day weekend?  Plus, you said a complete meal is better than a burger and fries and now you're attacking me over a complete meal.  You have no credibility left with me.  I am no longer listening to anything you have to say.

I'm guessing that King isn't encroaching on the 300 lb marker.  He should have a heck of a lot more credibility in your mind than you do (which is quite sad).  King didn't just recommend steak and mashed potatoes; anyone with some basic problem solving skills could realize that if he wants you to stop eating fries, you shouldn't go around eating mashed potatoes instead.  You need to cut the starches way down.  I would've advised against potatoes entirely, but he's still way more credible in the nutrition realm than the 250+ pound guy who can't stop eating crap.

Do you honestly consider yourself good at those things?

On the weight, I am not encroaching on 300 lbs, either.  I may be a lot closer to it than King, but I'm backing away from 300 lbs slowly but surely.  I'm down to 280 lbs and have my sights set even lower.  Plus, on the potatoes, you eat what your grandmother puts in front of you.  You are not picky because you are on a challenge or a diet.  She worked hard cooking a delicious and nutritious dinner, it is only right to honor her and eat what you have been served.  I'm sorry if it doesn't meet the forum's definition of a nutritious meal, but I frankly do not care.  I care far more about hospitality than I do about diets or challenges.  That may sound old fashioned, but old fashioned ideals is generally so much better than most modern day ideals.  I ate the meal, then I got back on the challenge on Sunday.

I am good enough at those things to do this job, so yes, I do consider myself good at those things.   Inks, I have a lot of confidence in my abilities.  Your point seemed to say I am dumb and unlearned.  I don't think you meant that, but I am extremely smart and intelligent.  I have a darn good head on my shoulders.  I mostly make very good decisions.  I am not perfect, but I am not an idiot.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2014, 05:29:00 PM by King »

Your life expectancy is definitely old fashioned. I will give you that.

And it's just another bogus excuse. I'm sure if grammy had a big ol' bowl of cooked spinach or collard greens on that table, you would've skipped it in serving despite your Southern Hospitality.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2014, 05:46:22 PM »

If Bushie were serious about losing weight and didn't want to offend his grandmother (??), he would have eaten her meal and then exercised later that day or the next morning to burn off some of the calories. But he's not, so he didn't.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2014, 05:55:40 PM »

Bushie mostly makes good decisions?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2014, 05:59:26 PM »

Bushie mostly makes good decisions?

Yup. For instance, by not using his stove or oven a single time since he moved in months ago, he's wisely saved literally tens of dollars in electricity/gas bills!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »

If your grandmother cared about you, she'd respect that you'd need to change your eating habits.

It goes both ways.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies