Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:52:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130197 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »

If your grandmother cared about you, she'd respect that you'd need to change your eating habits.

It goes both ways.

No, that's not really fair either. I honestly don't believe people in Oklahoma know what garbage they consume in virtually all of their meals. I'm sure his grandma wanted to make him a tasty meal. I doubt she knows what's healthy and what isn't. It's a way of life that only education (and the will to be educated) can solve.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2014, 06:37:50 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2014, 06:40:18 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

If your grandmother cared about you, she'd respect that you'd need to change your eating habits.

It goes both ways.

No, that's not really fair either. I honestly don't believe people in Oklahoma know what garbage they consume in virtually all of their meals. I'm sure his grandma wanted to make him a tasty meal. I doubt she knows what's healthy and what isn't. It's a way of life that only education (and the will to be educated) can solve.

Now, you're calling my grandmother dumb.  Good job for insulting an 88-year-old lady who knows much more about healthy cooking than you do.  I hope you are proud of yourself.

You are all acting like uneducated, spoiled children by insulting and viciously attacking fellow human beings.  I am coming out of this looking like the adult here.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2014, 06:43:05 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, Jeff, the old Moderate Hero Franzl would have insulted your grandmother but would have still been undecided on whether or not he'd vote for her!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2014, 06:43:59 PM »

It goes both ways.

Now, you're calling my grandmother dumb.  Good job for insulting an 88-year-old lady who knows much more about healthy cooking than you do.  I hope you are proud of yourself.

You are all acting like uneducated, spoiled children by insulting and viciously attacking fellow human beings.  I am coming out of this looking like the adult here.

Does she though?

That's not attacking at all... trust me I'm capable of far worse.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2014, 06:47:05 PM »

C'mon guys, the way to talk about things is not by constantly attacking each other or their family members.  If you have something to say, can you talk about it like an honest, caring, sincere adult?  That is, without verbal attacks?  You guys are better than this.  I am better than this.  Some of you do talk the way adults should, but some of you talk like spoiled rich kids.  I don't go around insulting any of you at every opportunity.  Just because I am very transparent doesn't mean I open myself up to verbal attacks and insults.  I expect people to act like adults.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2014, 06:47:46 PM »

Really?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2014, 06:48:25 PM »

No, they're really not better than this, Jeff. Most of them are pathetic themselves and need an outlet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2014, 06:50:16 PM »

It goes both ways.

Now, you're calling my grandmother dumb.  Good job for insulting an 88-year-old lady who knows much more about healthy cooking than you do.  I hope you are proud of yourself.

You are all acting like uneducated, spoiled children by insulting and viciously attacking fellow human beings.  I am coming out of this looking like the adult here.

Does she though?

That's not attacking at all... trust me I'm capable of far worse.

All of my childhood she has insisted on green vegetables every day.  She normally fixes green beans with every meal, and the only reason she did not fix them last weekend is that when she went to the store to get the food, she thought she already had green beans or, at least, English peas, but when she got home she found out she had neither one, so the ranch style beans were a last-minute substitution.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2014, 06:51:11 PM »

I know that's asking a bit too much, but I tend to have more faith in humanity than what I probably should.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2014, 06:51:36 PM »

C'mon guys, the way to talk about things is not by constantly attacking each other or their family members.  If you have something to say, can you talk about it like an honest, caring, sincere adult?  That is, without verbal attacks?  You guys are better than this.  I am better than this.  Some of you do talk the way adults should, but some of you talk like spoiled rich kids.  I don't go around insulting any of you at every opportunity.  Just because I am very transparent doesn't mean I open myself up to verbal attacks and insults.  I expect people to act like adults.

Again, nothing I said was meant as an attack. I merely said that if she was aware you were being more careful about what you were eating that she should accommodate that, within reason.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2014, 06:54:33 PM »

No, they're really not better than this, Jeff. Most of them are pathetic themselves and need an outlet.

I don't think that at all.  Like I said, I still have a little faith in humanity.  Nothing has been done to me that makes me drop all faith.  I believe most of the people on this forum are honest, hard-working individuals themselves trying to find their way in this world just like I am.  I think the way they conduct conversations could be modified, as could my own, but I think most people here are genuine people.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2014, 06:56:30 PM »

C'mon guys, the way to talk about things is not by constantly attacking each other or their family members.  If you have something to say, can you talk about it like an honest, caring, sincere adult?  That is, without verbal attacks?  You guys are better than this.  I am better than this.  Some of you do talk the way adults should, but some of you talk like spoiled rich kids.  I don't go around insulting any of you at every opportunity.  Just because I am very transparent doesn't mean I open myself up to verbal attacks and insults.  I expect people to act like adults.

Again, nothing I said was meant as an attack. I merely said that if she was aware you were being more careful about what you were eating that she should accommodate that, within reason.

I have not told her, yet, about my no-fries and no-ice cream challenges for the month.  I told Mom and Dad Friday night at dinner, but I still have yet to tell her.  So, I'm not going to place any of the blame for the lack of vegetables on her.  She did everything she could, short of going back to the store.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2014, 07:00:15 PM »

I have not told her, yet, about my no-fries and no-ice cream challenges for the month.  I told Mom and Dad Friday night at dinner, but I still have yet to tell her.  So, I'm not going to place any of the blame for the lack of vegetables on her.  She did everything she could, short of going back to the store.

Oh, I wasn't keeping track of what was in your dinner.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2014, 08:01:24 PM »

On the weight, I am not encroaching on 300 lbs, either.  I may be a lot closer to it than King, but I'm backing away from 300 lbs slowly but surely.  I'm down to 280 lbs and have my sights set even lower.
Weren't you in the 270s a week or so ago?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Your life expectancy is also old fashioned.  If you'd like to go by 1930 ideals, then good luck with your death before you turn 60 (and with your health, you won't even make it close to that).  It's one thing to go off your diet, but you do it regularly for such lame excuses.  So your grandmother made a big deal... you tell her that you want small portions and refuse more.  Tell her that you're morbidly obese and don't want to die of a heart attack at the age of 40.  If she thinks that's stupid, then tell her that it's your life, and you want to live a long life.  It would be one thing if you actually tried to make up for your eating habits, but you don't even exercise.  If you truly had to eat that meal, you could've at least gone for a couple mile walk after.

I didn't say you were dumb.  I think you seriously lack critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve.  You wouldn't be in most of the situations you've been in if you had those skills.  And no, you don't "mostly make very good decisions."  People who mostly make very good decisions do not end up being morbidly obese single 32-year-olds with thousands of dollars of debt and still dependent on their parents who moonlight as scam artists.  You've made bad decisions physically, financially, and morally... if you don't see that, you're in denial.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2014, 08:02:49 PM »

Bushie, if your grandma made a bowl of cooked spinach on Sunday, would you have eaten it?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2014, 08:14:08 PM »

On the weight, I am not encroaching on 300 lbs, either.  I may be a lot closer to it than King, but I'm backing away from 300 lbs slowly but surely.  I'm down to 280 lbs and have my sights set even lower.
Weren't you in the 270s a week or so ago?

Your life expectancy is also old fashioned.  If you'd like to go by 1930 ideals, then good luck with your death before you turn 60 (and with your health, you won't even make it close to that).  It's one thing to go off your diet, but you do it regularly for such lame excuses.  So your grandmother made a big deal... you tell her that you want small portions and refuse more.  Tell her that you're morbidly obese and don't want to die of a heart attack at the age of 40.  If she thinks that's stupid, then tell her that it's your life, and you want to live a long life.  It would be one thing if you actually tried to make up for your eating habits, but you don't even exercise.  If you truly had to eat that meal, you could've at least gone for a couple mile walk after.

I didn't say you were dumb.  I think you seriously lack critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve.  You wouldn't be in most of the situations you've been in if you had those skills.  And no, you don't "mostly make very good decisions."  People who mostly make very good decisions do not end up being morbidly obese single 32-year-olds with thousands of dollars of debt and still dependent on their parents who moonlight as scam artists.  You've made bad decisions physically, financially, and morally... if you don't see that, you're in denial.

I haven't been in the 270s in several months.  I have a goal of being in the 270's before long, but I haven't quite achieved it, yet.

As for the rest of your post, I'm sorry you feel that way.  I'm not even going to bother answering such nonsense.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2014, 08:15:55 PM »

Bushie, if your grandma made a bowl of cooked spinach on Sunday, would you have eaten it?

I doubt she would have cooked that, because she knows I don't like it.  But, if set before me, I would choke it down somehow, with probably 3 or 4 glasses of tea.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »

Ok, so who is changing their username to "Spinach and 3 or 4  glasses of tea?"
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2014, 09:10:26 PM »

I doubt she would have cooked that, because she knows I don't like it.  But, if set before me, I would choke it down somehow, with probably 3 or 4 glasses of tea.

So it's not rude to make grandma accommodate you when it's spinach.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2014, 09:15:39 PM »

I doubt she would have cooked that, because she knows I don't like it.  But, if set before me, I would choke it down somehow, with probably 3 or 4 glasses of tea.

So it's not rude to make grandma accommodate you when it's spinach.

I never said that, nor did I ever imply that.  You're making stuff up.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2014, 09:16:08 PM »

Ok, so who is changing their username to "Spinach and 3 or 4  glasses of tea?"

Let me see if I can find a stock image of a bowl of spinach and glasses of tea besides it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2014, 09:30:41 PM »

Look, I can't attack Bushie for eating his grandma's dinner. I eat whatever my granddad makes me most of the time when I visit, because he cooks it and I'm not going to sit there all smug like and tell him his cooking isn't healthy.

I highly doubt grandma Bushie knows about healthy eating though. If she's anything like my grandparents, she grew up in the old school where southern cooking with lots of butter, salt and pork fat was the norm. My granddad still eats like that all the time, but he's 92 and not overweight, so he can do whatever he wants now. I'm not knocking Bushie for doing what he did.

However, he isn't on a diet now, so I'm not sure why he's bothering acting like it. He's still not changing his eating habits, still refuses to learn how to cook, and refuses to exercise. Eating less of the same crap isn't going to help his body. Cooking is fun, hell, I love cooking, it's one of my favorite hobbies.

Food can be a lot of fun if you educate yourself, but Bushie fears any sort of change that might make him better, and that's okay too. Some people are taught that change is a bad thing. I'm sure if he started cooking, his social circle would think he was a gay because they've been taught only women cook (unless you grill, that's for the men).
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »

Maybe Bushie should learn to grill
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2014, 10:07:56 PM »

I believe he's moved on from spaghetti assistance.  Perhaps hope springs anew.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2014, 10:43:55 PM »

lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies