Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:44:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130145 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2014, 03:20:34 AM »

If your grandmother cared about you, she'd respect that you'd need to change your eating habits.

It goes both ways.

No, that's not really fair either. I honestly don't believe people in Oklahoma know what garbage they consume in virtually all of their meals. I'm sure his grandma wanted to make him a tasty meal. I doubt she knows what's healthy and what isn't. It's a way of life that only education (and the will to be educated) can solve.

Now, you're calling my grandmother dumb.  Good job for insulting an 88-year-old lady who knows much more about healthy cooking than you do.  I hope you are proud of yourself.

You are all acting like uneducated, spoiled children by insulting and viciously attacking fellow human beings.  I am coming out of this looking like the adult here.

No I did not call your grandmother dumb. I suggested that she, like apparently most people in the American south, are unaware of nutrition.

Since you're extremely intelligent with great problem solving abilities, I trust you'll be able to understand the difference instead of making another attempted retort at the mental level of a 9-year old.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2014, 05:00:48 AM »

This all seems fairly straightforward enough, and I rarely reply to anything because Bushie always goes into meltdown mode when I do, but Bushie has an extreme propensity to abdicate responsibility if an "authority figure" tells him it's OK.

It doesn't matter if that person truly knows better when it comes to what Bushie needs for personal development or whether they actually know better about a particular subject: he's taking that advice, by God, and you better not dare question him nor the person who advised him's qualifications to do so (because then you're viciously attacking both him and them by insinuating they're stupid, ignoring good ol'-fashioned tradition for elitism, and most importantly, taking away from Bushie his guilt-free cop-outs).

More often than not, these authority figures seem to provide him with advice that allows him to cop-out of making the right decision in his personal, financial, occupational and educational backgrounds. The biggest question is why so many around him are willing to not only condone his bad behavior, but also seem to provide objectively-bad advice. I would say that undiagnosed mental illness in Southern culture is much more pronounced and often hereditary in general, but Bushie won't have any of that, so perhaps Bushie is just so great at convincing people to tell him what he wants to hear and then, hey, "I made the right decision - that's a fact" or whatever.

He'll go home early from school or work if his teacher or boss tells him it's OK - even if he's not feeling that bad and even if he needs to be present for his own sake of sticking to an actual schedule, instead of just planning schedules. He'll quit a job if mom and dad tell him it's alright, because he should literally spend all of his free time looking for a better job - even though the job-hunts never, ever take enough time to justify calling the task itself your "full-time job". He'll suddenly change his life goals if he believes a religious adviser has sensed he was called to do something, but when that gets difficult, an amazing change in his purpose is handed down from on high. He goes on a diet and promises to keep it, but each and every opportunity at which even the slightest amount of resistance presents itself - whether grandma cooks unhealthy, mom cooks unhealthy, the McDonald's is closer than the supermarket, or the regular Coca-Cola is simply too precious to waste by pouring out for Diet Coke - he'll explain that it'd just be too rude or difficult to adapt to the situation positively.

But there really is a common theme to all of these bad decisions, and summarized below is an easy-to-remember system.

The B.U.S.H.I.E. System:

Step 1: Bluntly Decide What You'll Ultimately Do
Step 2: Use Authority Figures After Convincing or Reassuring
Step 3: Sell the Excuse to Others
Step 4: Hold Others Who Criticize in Contempt
Step 5: Ignore Additional Advice
Step 6: Exit Conversation
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2014, 08:22:29 AM »

Why is it considered a "challenge" to avoid ice cream and fries for a month?  Seriously, nothing could be easier, right?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2014, 09:20:59 AM »

Yes, Bushie makes it sound like he's jumping into veganism, when in reality he should be encouraging his parents and grandma to join him.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »

Why is it considered a "challenge" to avoid ice cream and fries for a month?  Seriously, nothing could be easier, right?

It might be tough for a true Braum's connoisseur like Our Dear Friend. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2014, 12:41:06 PM »

Lunch time.  The day is going very well and very quick.  I've moved onto another project that I'm almost finished with as we speak.  I've got church tonight from 1830-2000.  Tomorrow after work, I am going back to my parents for the night so I can be closer to the doctors office Friday morning for my blood work appointment.  I'll come back to work after the appointment.  The appointment is at 8:20 and I live 2 hours from the doctor whereas my parents live 25 minutes.  I'll do the same thing next Thursday and Friday for my regular doctors appointment.  I'll come back to work next Friday as well.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2014, 12:58:30 PM »

I hope you're double-checking all of these projects you're flying through for errors.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2014, 12:59:47 PM »

I double check and even triple check all my work.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2014, 01:19:16 PM »

I double check and even triple check all my work.

Good.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2014, 01:29:37 PM »

Lunch time.  The day is going very well and very quick.  I've moved onto another project that I'm almost finished with as we speak.  I've got church tonight from 1830-2000.  Tomorrow after work, I am going back to my parents for the night so I can be closer to the doctors office Friday morning for my blood work appointment.  I'll come back to work after the appointment.  The appointment is at 8:20 and I live 2 hours from the doctor whereas my parents live 25 minutes.  I'll do the same thing next Thursday and Friday for my regular doctors appointment.  I'll come back to work next Friday as well.

Where do you usually go for lunch?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2014, 02:50:37 PM »

Taking a little break.  I will be leaving in an hour and 15 minutes.  I have one more day of work this week.  Because of my doctor's appointments and the logistics I talked about on Monday, he has given me this Friday and next Friday off.  I'll lose a few hours, but there would be nobody at the office to answer my questions.  All the guys get off an hour either side of noon on Fridays, and the phones won't be hooked up in this new office until Monday so he has to stay at the old office and man the phones.  Next Friday, he just says take off to save myself energy and time.  I will work until 1600 tomorrow, but til 1700 Monday through Thursday next week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2014, 02:54:43 PM »

HD, I always stay in the office for lunch and have either a block of Ramen or a Mac and cheese cup.  It's not a gourmet lunch and I am usually starving by the time I get off of an evening, but they're low on calories and don't cost me anything more than what I pay at the store.  I need to find some variety, but I don't know good and fast alternatives.  I only have 30 minutes for lunch.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2014, 02:57:53 PM »

Cutting your hours? Uh oh.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2014, 03:02:19 PM »

HD, I always stay in the office for lunch and have either a block of Ramen or a Mac and cheese cup.  It's not a gourmet lunch and I am usually starving by the time I get off of an evening, but they're low on calories and don't cost me anything more than what I pay at the store.  I need to find some variety, but I don't know good and fast alternatives.  I only have 30 minutes for lunch.

Bushie, Ramen is HORRIBLE for you.  If you want something quick with nutritional value you should grab those 5 for $5 Starfish tuna packets and throw some relish in. 

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2014, 03:05:48 PM »

Seriously, ramen is really, really awful for you. It's like eating a serving of french fries for lunch. Very high in fat and sodium.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2014, 03:07:22 PM »

HD, I always stay in the office for lunch and have either a block of Ramen or a Mac and cheese cup.  It's not a gourmet lunch and I am usually starving by the time I get off of an evening, but they're low on calories and don't cost me anything more than what I pay at the store.  I need to find some variety, but I don't know good and fast alternatives.  I only have 30 minutes for lunch.

Today I had an egg and blueberry yogurt for breakfast, a plum for a mid morning snack, canned chicken (5 oz) with relish for lunch, raw cauliflower and grapes for an afternoon snack.  Takes 10 minutes in the morning to gather the stuff for work.  I'm full and I'll eat salmon with brussell sprouts for dinner.  That's around 1500-1600 calories max and it's PLENTY of food. 

Having a ramen or mac cup just makes you gorge later....but we've beaten this horse to death.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2014, 03:10:51 PM »

Ramen is cheap and low on calories because it does nothing. Any time I've eat Ramen I'm hungry again in 10 minutes.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2014, 03:15:26 PM »

Ramen is cheap and low on calories because it does nothing. Any time I've eat Ramen I'm hungry again in 10 minutes.

But when  you're 285 and feel like you've had no food it's BAD news.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2014, 03:23:15 PM »

Seriously, ramen is really, really awful for you. It's like eating a serving of french fries for lunch. Very high in fat and sodium.

Be careful. You might be accused of viciously attacking him for mentioning that his nutritional choices are junk.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2014, 03:39:05 PM »

Also, Bushie, you say a cup of Ramen/Kraft Mac costs you "no more that what you pay at the store."

Where do you buy this if not at the store? A vending machine?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2014, 03:52:48 PM »

King, I just pay for it at the store, so it doesn't cost me anything extra by bringing it from home.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2014, 03:54:59 PM »

Franzl, I'm not going to attack and accuse because I know it's bad for me.  I'm still trying to find ways to replace it with little extra expense.  There are no restaurants anywhere close (probably a good thing).
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2014, 04:02:05 PM »

Franzl, I'm not going to attack and accuse because I know it's bad for me.  I'm still trying to find ways to replace it with little extra expense.  There are no restaurants anywhere close (probably a good thing).

Do Deli's exist in Oklahoma??
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2014, 04:04:47 PM »

I love how Bushie picks the worst things he could possibly eat each and every time! I love it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2014, 04:08:39 PM »

King, I just pay for it at the store, so it doesn't cost me anything extra by bringing it from home.

By paying the OK state bringing lunch from home tax?

Bushie, are you seriously in so much poverty that you can't afford a lunch bigger than Ramen? Where are your dollars going? Create a budget. Food should always be most of your daily expenses not the least.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies