Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:27:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130119 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: September 22, 2014, 09:40:26 PM »

Morden, I've watched probably 12-15 hours since Thursday.  With this situation, football has been my release mechanism.

Besides my alma mater, the last football game I've attended was a University of Oklahoma game back in the late 80's/early 90's when Cale Gundy was at QB.  I have never attended an NFL game.  I've attended two Oklahoma City Thunder NBA games and one New York Mets MLB game, and a couple of minor league baseball games.

LMAO!  Have you really?

Can someone photoshop Bushie into this picture next to me?  

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #351 on: September 22, 2014, 09:44:01 PM »

I've eaten at BWW twice in the fall of 2013.  I'm not too thrilled with their food,  to be honest.  I don't like wings generally, so I was only able to get a cheeseburger there both times and felt I've had better burgers.  I only went because the church men's group met there for dinner and football while the ladies had a Bible Study.  It's not a place I would go on my own.

What the hell is Bible Study?

Correct me if I'm wrong, religiouses, but I believe the "Bible Study" is when Christians dress up like characters from Jesus's time and live action role play an episode of 7th Heaven. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #352 on: September 22, 2014, 09:44:43 PM »

It was July 15, 2007 at the old Shea Stadium.  The game was against the Cincinnati Reds.  I was working at a computer camp at Rosemont College near Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #353 on: September 22, 2014, 09:48:13 PM »

It was July 15, 2007 at the old Shea Stadium.  The game was against the Cincinnati Reds.  I was working at a computer camp at Rosemont College near Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.

flashback episode PLEASE
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #354 on: September 22, 2014, 09:48:29 PM »

I've eaten at BWW twice in the fall of 2013.  I'm not too thrilled with their food,  to be honest.  I don't like wings generally, so I was only able to get a cheeseburger there both times and felt I've had better burgers.  I only went because the church men's group met there for dinner and football while the ladies had a Bible Study.  It's not a place I would go on my own.

Bible Study can come in different forms.  One can either study the Bible on their own or, as these ladies were doing, studying the Bible together.  The Bible is more than just a good book.  It is the how-to book on life.  It is God's written, holy, and infallible Word to man.  It is to be studied, not just read like a John Grisham novel.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #355 on: September 22, 2014, 09:56:07 PM »

With this situation, football has been my release mechanism.

Come on, Bushie, you've watched just as much football the last three weekends without any situation to release.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #356 on: September 22, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »

"Release mechanism", "Cleaning up the meat", "Loving on kids", etc.  Why do so many Update-isms sound like sexual innuendo?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #357 on: September 22, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »

"Release mechanism", "Cleaning up the meat", "Loving on kids", etc.  Why do so many Update-isms sound like sexual innuendo?

Because in the Chaste Kingdom of Oklahoma, naughty innuendo from elsewhere takes it's literal meaning.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #358 on: September 22, 2014, 10:04:38 PM »

1. Are men and women not permitted to study the Bible together?
2.  It's only 3 hours from OKC to Dallas. Go see a damn Cowboys game before you die of a heart attack at age 37. I bet they sell cheeseburgers at the stadium.
3. What are your thoughts on the best way to do a cheeseburger? What kind of cheese do you like? Condiments? Bread? As I've mentioned previously, I am very opposed to the super fluffy fast food style bun. I find them to be abomination.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #359 on: September 22, 2014, 10:15:14 PM »

As for #1, of course they're allowed to study the Bible together and they often do, but sometimes the ladies like to discuss lady things and guys like to discuss guy stuff.

For #2.  I find that the best seat in the house is in front of my TV, plus parking and traffic at a sports venue is a nightmare.

#3.  Medium well to well done meat.  I like mustard, pickles, and lettuce on my burgers.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #360 on: September 22, 2014, 10:25:20 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2014, 10:33:40 PM by memphis »

What sort of cheese and bread to like with your burger?
After a quick google search, I found out that they do indeed sell burgers at AT&T Stadium, home to the Dallas Cowboys. Here is a pic of one.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2014, 10:26:03 PM »

Dang that's a good looking burger. What is that, pulled pork?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2014, 10:31:48 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2014, 10:35:45 PM by memphis »

•  Fire-roasted double cheeseburger, $15: Angus chuck and Angus brisket topped with garlic aioli, aged cheddar and caramelized balsamic onions.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/05/6095846/att-stadium-goes-full-flavor-with.html

Also, regarding traffic, to quote wikipedia
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2014, 10:35:41 PM »

dang, that sounds good
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2014, 10:43:31 PM »

•  Fire-roasted double cheeseburger, $15: Angus chuck and Angus brisket topped with garlic aioli, aged cheddar and caramelized balsamic onions.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/05/6095846/att-stadium-goes-full-flavor-with.html

Also, regarding traffic, to quote wikipedia
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, Bushie wants none of that public transportation nonsense.

But seriously I hope he treats himself to a real specialty burger at Fuddrucker's and not just bacon.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »

I love when literalists talk about Bible Study... there is no study. Interpretation is not allowed. If it is the infallible word of God... it can have no other meaning, surely?

I've been to a few bible studies in my life where there were discussions on historical context and considering what it was 'really saying'. I doubt this would be tolerated.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2014, 11:09:19 PM »

It's simply how Oklahomans deal with the intense sexual repression, let off that steam little bits at a time through questionable colloquialisms, except of course the far more explicit "destroy my @sshole" to refer to post-BBQ bathroom calls. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2014, 11:13:59 PM »

As for #1, of course they're allowed to study the Bible together and they often do, but sometimes the ladies like to discuss lady things and guys like to discuss guy stuff.

What the hell are "lady things" and "guy stuff" in relation to content in the Bible?  I suppose guy stuff would be "Things To Do Besides Masturbate" and lady things could involve things like "At What Point Would Jesus Be Okay With Calling 911?".
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2014, 11:28:09 PM »

Bible Study can come in different forms.  One can either study the Bible on their own or, as these ladies were doing, studying the Bible together.  The Bible is more than just a good book.  It is the how-to book on life.  It is God's written, holy, and infallible Word to man.  It is to be studied, not just read like a John Grisham novel.

How would one go about studying the bible?  Highlighters?  Index Cards?  Giving each other quizzes on who said certain things??
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2014, 11:31:58 PM »

Morden, I've watched probably 12-15 hours since Thursday.  With this situation, football has been my release mechanism.

Besides my alma mater, the last football game I've attended was a University of Oklahoma game back in the late 80's/early 90's when Cale Gundy was at QB.  I have never attended an NFL game.  I've attended two Oklahoma City Thunder NBA games and one New York Mets MLB game, and a couple of minor league baseball games.

LMAO!  Have you really?

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2014, 11:34:21 PM »

LMAO!  Have you really?

I have a bad feeling that kid in the white t shirt is about to get loved on.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2014, 11:37:29 PM »

What the hell are "lady things" and "guy stuff" in relation to content in the Bible?  I suppose guy stuff would be "Things To Do Besides Masturbate" and lady things could involve things like "At What Point Would Jesus Be Okay With Calling 911?".

Lady things and guy stuff are talking about life's issues and getting into the Bible to see what God says about those issues.  It is also to encourage each other, laugh with each other, cry with each other, and even lovingly correct one another if needed.  There are certain things that men talk about that need to kept among men and not shared in a coed group.  The same goes with the ladies.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #372 on: September 22, 2014, 11:40:12 PM »

How would one go about studying the bible?  Highlighters?  Index Cards?  Giving each other quizzes on who said certain things??

Opening the Bible, reading it, talking about it, and see how it applies to life today.  It's very easy to apply the Bible to today's generation and today's society because the Bible is full of timeless directives, commands, truths, and promises.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #373 on: September 22, 2014, 11:42:40 PM »

Matt, why are you making it seem like the term "loving on" kids is kin to what a pedophile does?  It is not a creepy term and is a normal term used by many, many people.  No one should ever take it as a creepy term, because it's never meant in that way.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #374 on: September 22, 2014, 11:45:27 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2014, 11:47:13 PM by HockeyDude »

What the hell are "lady things" and "guy stuff" in relation to content in the Bible?  I suppose guy stuff would be "Things To Do Besides Masturbate" and lady things could involve things like "At What Point Would Jesus Be Okay With Calling 911?".

Lady things and guy stuff are talking about life's issues and getting into the Bible to see what God says about those issues.  It is also to encourage each other, laugh with each other, cry with each other, and even lovingly correct one another if needed.  There are certain things that men talk about that need to kept among men and not shared in a coed group.  The same goes with the ladies.

What are you crying about?

Indeed, the ladies don't need to hear about the things you do to distract yourself from yankin yer meat.  Thank you for confirming my assumption. 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies