Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:33:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130103 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: September 22, 2014, 11:46:42 PM »

As for #1, of course they're allowed to study the Bible together and they often do, but sometimes the ladies like to discuss lady things and guys like to discuss guy stuff.

What the hell are "lady things" and "guy stuff" in relation to content in the Bible?  I suppose guy stuff would be "Things To Do Besides Masturbate" and lady things could involve things like "At What Point Would Jesus Be Okay With Calling 911?".

Lady things and guy stuff are talking about life's issues and getting into the Bible to see what God says about those issues.  It is also to encourage each other, laugh with each other, cry with each other, and even lovingly correct one another if needed.  There are certain things that men talk about that need to kept among men and not shared in a coed group.  The same goes with the ladies.

What are you crying about?

Seriously?  Is this a real question?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #376 on: September 22, 2014, 11:48:09 PM »

As for #1, of course they're allowed to study the Bible together and they often do, but sometimes the ladies like to discuss lady things and guys like to discuss guy stuff.

What the hell are "lady things" and "guy stuff" in relation to content in the Bible?  I suppose guy stuff would be "Things To Do Besides Masturbate" and lady things could involve things like "At What Point Would Jesus Be Okay With Calling 911?".

Lady things and guy stuff are talking about life's issues and getting into the Bible to see what God says about those issues.  It is also to encourage each other, laugh with each other, cry with each other, and even lovingly correct one another if needed.  There are certain things that men talk about that need to kept among men and not shared in a coed group.  The same goes with the ladies.

Oh, I missed the bit about "life's issues". 
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #377 on: September 22, 2014, 11:58:34 PM »

Matt, why are you making it seem like the term "loving on" kids is kin to what a pedophile does? It is not a creepy term and is a normal term used by many, many people.  No one should ever take it as a creepy term, because it's never meant in that way.

What the Oklahoma?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #378 on: September 23, 2014, 12:04:23 AM »

did a google search for "loving on kids" this was a top result:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=69870423

Interests
Jesus    Worship
Missions
Loving on kids   
Cooking

Sounds like a match. Need to get Bushie to move to Alberta
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #379 on: September 23, 2014, 12:07:21 AM »

Sounds like Bushie is full-fledged member of the He-man Woman Haters Club!

Did you enjoy Our Gang/The Little Rascals, Bushie?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #380 on: September 23, 2014, 12:08:37 AM »

jesus christ is there football on TV every single day?!

Nah, MACtion hasn't really started yet. That's a little later in the year and that's when we get glorious Tuesday and Wednesday football.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #381 on: September 23, 2014, 12:09:30 AM »

did a google search for "loving on kids" this was a top result:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=69870423

Interests
Jesus    Worship
Missions
Loving on kids   
Cooking

Sounds like a match. Need to get Bushie to move to Alberta

Too bad she's only into fellow Canadians. Sad
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #382 on: September 23, 2014, 12:11:20 AM »

Matt, why are you making it seem like the term "loving on" kids is kin to what a pedophile does?  It is not a creepy term and is a normal term used by many, many people.  No one should ever take it as a creepy term, because it's never meant in that way.

That was memphis, Bushie, not me. Tongue
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #383 on: September 23, 2014, 12:57:11 AM »

Oh, I missed the bit about "life's issues". 

... yeah. This is probably the most offensive part.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #384 on: September 23, 2014, 01:57:02 AM »

I learn so much about Christianity from Update.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #385 on: September 23, 2014, 03:22:38 AM »

I learn so much about Christianity from Update.

No you really don't...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #386 on: September 23, 2014, 07:30:01 AM »

Inks, your sarcastic mocking does not merit a response more than this.

It wasn't sarcastic; it's a genuine question.  Why do you care so much about not spreading Internet gossip while you have no problem taking money from your parents that you don't actually need?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #387 on: September 23, 2014, 07:40:44 AM »

Inks, Bushie does love internet gossip. That's why he dropped this bombshell without fully explaining what it was. He's creating a buzz and insuring page views for Update. The man loves the attention we're giving him.

Also, you should give him a break when it comes to his parents helping him out. He has a job now. He's at least trying to get back on track. What else do you want from him?

Now that he has a job, his parents shouldn't be helping him; that was the original deal he made with them.  The problem with his parents helping him out is that he spends what he wants and pays for what he can afford, and he pushes the rest to his parents; having a job hasn't made him any more financially wise.  He won't actually learn how to effectively budget until he runs into a financial hardship of some degree.  And "financial hardship" doesn't mean $20 from being homeless; it means anything where he has to cut back some (i.e. not buy prepared meals or go out for all of his meals but actually buy ingredients and make meals, since prepared meals are usually quite a bit more expensive than raw ingredients).

Morden, I've watched probably 12-15 hours since Thursday.  With this situation, football has been my release mechanism.
Are you sure this isn't causing your headaches?

Matt, why are you making it seem like the term "loving on" kids is kin to what a pedophile does?  It is not a creepy term and is a normal term used by many, many people.  No one should ever take it as a creepy term, because it's never meant in that way.

Jeff, (1) it's very creepy; (2) I have never heard that term outside of Update.  Even an Internet search results with not many results.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #388 on: September 23, 2014, 08:04:57 AM »

I just googled "loving on kids" and the fourth search result was this thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=196041.0
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: September 23, 2014, 08:16:20 AM »

But yes Jeff, "loving on kids" sounds horrifyingly creepy to anyone outside of your bubble. And I'm not saying this to be an ass, just trying to warn you how people in the real world might react.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #390 on: September 23, 2014, 08:30:16 AM »

But yes Jeff, "loving on kids" sounds horrifyingly creepy to anyone outside of your bubble.

Fortunately, this forum is the only venue in which he ever has to converse with someone outside his bubble.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #391 on: September 23, 2014, 10:03:05 AM »

I wouldn't dare google "loving on kids" lest I fall into some sort of secret Attorney General watchlist.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #392 on: September 23, 2014, 10:25:28 AM »

I wouldn't dare google "loving on kids" lest I fall into some sort of secret Attorney General watchlist.

I was thinking the same thing.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #393 on: September 23, 2014, 10:26:52 AM »

I was thinking the same thing.

Yes same thing here. Some followers of this show have balls of brass.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #394 on: September 23, 2014, 11:48:05 AM »

I love Fuddruckers. I have good memories of that place and its food, even if it was probably over 10 years ago in Riyadh.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #395 on: September 23, 2014, 03:47:04 PM »

"Release mechanism", "Cleaning up the meat", "Loving on kids", etc.  Why do so many Update-isms sound like sexual innuendo?

don't forget "relaxation"
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #396 on: September 23, 2014, 06:58:09 PM »

I will go ahead and share my news if you all can promise it will not get back to Facebook.

My uncle (Dad's youngest brother) was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer back in March and we were told to prepare.  He got really sick last week and was put in the hospital having almost lost him several times.  I got down here Thursday night for my lab appointment and was able to talk to him over the phone that night.  Then, Friday he was rushed back to the hospital and was put in hospice by the evening.  I was able to go up and see him Friday night and watched him eat what would be his last meal.  He was about to be released to home hospice Saturday morning when he got to coughing violently and was hanging on to a hospital bed meal tray to get up when the tray rolled out from underneath him and caused him to fall hard.  They got him back in bed and had to put him on morphine.  He passed away Sunday at 3:45 pm.  The funeral is tomorrow at 10:00 am and they have asked me to be a pallbearer.  So, I am down at my parents house tonight for the funeral tomorrow and then will head back to Tulsa so I can go back to work Thursday.  Because of the day off tomorrow, I'll likely work after my doctors appointment Friday.  I know he was a Christian, so I know I'll see him in heaven, but he was a young guy, only 55 years old.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #397 on: September 23, 2014, 07:08:34 PM »

Ah... well that's sad news.

Condolences.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #398 on: September 23, 2014, 07:13:13 PM »

Sorry to hear that Bushie. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Be strong and celebrate his life.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #399 on: September 23, 2014, 07:16:01 PM »

Sad news.  I'll shall keep your family in my thoughts.  RIP.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies