Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:41:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130476 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: September 23, 2014, 09:18:22 PM »

Bushie, outside of the Atlas, have you ever known a real life gay?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #426 on: September 23, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »

So, since giving Bushie a negative performance review, despite his self-reported improvement, Bushie's boss in action has cut his Friday hours for two weeks in a row and told him to take a whole week off when he asked for a day for his uncle's funeral...

RIP Uncle, RIP Job.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #427 on: September 23, 2014, 09:27:28 PM »

Bushie, outside of the Atlas, have you ever known a real life gay?

I'm pretty sure his Church is full of pamphlets that tell you ALL about the realities of being gay.

For example...
This is a real gay man...

This is a real Lesbian

(although... I've seen a lot of straight women in the South do that to themselves)

This is what happens when gay people have children

...and this is what happens when they want to marry...

...so don't challenge him on this. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #428 on: September 23, 2014, 09:28:05 PM »

Memphis, I've known several, all coworkers at various places.  I don't have any friends who are gay, but I've worked with several.

King, I'll go back to work on Thursday and get back to the grind.  I'm not worried.  Things went really well last week so I have no real reason to be worried.  If the worst happens then I have no regrets and I have a job prospect in Oklahoma City should I need to activate it.  It would be another CAD job.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #429 on: September 23, 2014, 09:28:27 PM »

Yes, but at least we can all pray it away.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #430 on: September 23, 2014, 09:29:06 PM »

I've never known you to be worried a day in your life, Bushie.

That's why I'm worried.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #431 on: September 23, 2014, 09:42:55 PM »

That's why I'm worried.

I'm just not a worrier.  I can't do anything but harm by worrying.  Worrying takes time off my life, I'm not going to fall into that trap.  I have too much faith in God's ability to take care of me regardless of the circumstance.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #432 on: September 23, 2014, 09:54:21 PM »

That's why I'm worried.

I'm just not a worrier.  I can't do anything but harm by worrying.  Worrying takes time off my life, I'm not going to fall into that trap.  I have too much faith in God's ability to take care of me regardless of the circumstance.

And we have Bushie's problem in one clear sentence.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #433 on: September 23, 2014, 09:58:15 PM »

Of course, there are many people in the world whose faith is as strong as Bushie's, yet who are poor, unemployed, starving, tortured, whatever.  Christian faith isn't a guarantee that your bills will be paid or that you won't go hungry.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #434 on: September 23, 2014, 09:58:51 PM »

Of course, there are many people in the world whose faith is as strong as Bushie's, yet who are poor, unemployed, starving, tortured, whatever.  Christian faith isn't a guarantee that your bills will be paid or that you won't go hungry.

By the grace of God, here come Ma and Pa Bushie.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #435 on: September 23, 2014, 10:16:58 PM »

Sorry for your loss Bushie
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #436 on: September 23, 2014, 11:33:02 PM »

On the topic of gays, hasn't Bushie met up with and hung out with Jamespol irl ?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #437 on: September 24, 2014, 08:28:28 AM »

Your boss offered to give you the entire week off to mourn your uncle? I must say that I find that kind of surprising myself but whatever.

Yeah I took 3 days for my father's funeral last month.......even then I worked until 1PM on the days of the viewing and went back after the makaria.  But a week of bereavement time for an Uncle is unusual.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #438 on: September 24, 2014, 08:46:32 AM »

But a week of bereavement time for an Uncle is unusual.
^^^^^^^^^^^
This is absolutely true. I think Mr. Boss is trying to get to Nov 1 as painlessly as possible and then he will unload Bushie.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #439 on: September 24, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »

That's why I'm worried.

Sorry, I don't buy that argument.  Your eating habits have shaved off 100s of times more time from your life than worrying would.  And there are different aspects of being worried.  It's like you go to the complete other extreme and are 100% carefree; there's an aspect of being worried (perhaps concerned would be a better word) that's important and ensures that you make good choices and stay aware of reality.  Saying you have faith in God's ability to take care of you doesn't mean you should stop caring, and too often you do this.  You confuse excessively worrying with caring about things at all.

Your boss offered to give you the entire week off to mourn your uncle? I must say that I find that kind of surprising myself but whatever.

Yeah I took 3 days for my father's funeral last month.......even then I worked until 1PM on the days of the viewing and went back after the makaria.  But a week of bereavement time for an Uncle is unusual.

Yeah, I didn't see the part about it being a whole week... especially for an uncle.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #440 on: September 24, 2014, 10:33:03 AM »

Poor Bushie. He loses his uncle and he will lose his job in November. It's pretty clear he's halfway out the door now. It's not common for employers to give a new employee a week off for the death of an uncle unless they're just really, really friendly like that.

Considering he's already had a negative performance review, and now he's being offered a week off and/or multiple days off for doctor's appointments, I think the writing is on the wall. His boss is already moving on from him.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #441 on: September 24, 2014, 10:35:14 AM »

His boss is already moving on from him.

That's my concern.  When Bushie returns next Monday, will  his boss think:

1) Wow, I missed Bushie.......back to work!

or

2) He was gone?  Didn't notice.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #442 on: September 24, 2014, 11:13:30 AM »

3) Ugh, he's back.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #443 on: September 24, 2014, 01:19:09 PM »

or

That's what's happening. I think he'll just hang on until November 1, and then he'll let Bushie down easy and that will be the end of it. When you have an employee who's new missing multiple days like Bushie is doing for doctor's appointments and funerals, it doesn't bode well. I'm not saying he should skip the funeral, but he could just take a half day, you know? Go home the night before the funeral, go to it at 10am, then go back to Tulsa and go to work in the afternoon.

But because his boss offered him to take a week off, I'm thinking it's all over. He basically said Bushie wasn't really needed.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #444 on: September 24, 2014, 01:21:15 PM »

Update survivor: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=199268.msg4312024#new
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #445 on: September 24, 2014, 01:22:30 PM »

I know he's sad, but he's staying strong for mom.  He is not a crier.

I never got that idea... what is not strong about crying?

And the work thing, when my cousin died I had 6 days off. Then when my grandmother died I had... 3 I think.

Most of the other times (yikes, just thinking about that) I tend to only have the day of the funeral off. Unless it's inter-state.

Mind you, I live in a country where workers are generally treated with more respect.

I think it has to depend on your relation to the deceased. I fortunately have yet to experience the death of a close (immediate) family member. But unless out-of-town travel was involved, I would not expect to take any more time off than the day of the funeral itself and I don't think it's reasonable to expect more than that unless your spouse or your child has died.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #446 on: September 24, 2014, 01:27:08 PM »

or

That's what's happening. I think he'll just hang on until November 1, and then he'll let Bushie down easy and that will be the end of it. When you have an employee who's new missing multiple days like Bushie is doing for doctor's appointments and funerals, it doesn't bode well. I'm not saying he should skip the funeral, but he could just take a half day, you know? Go home the night before the funeral, go to it at 10am, then go back to Tulsa and go to work in the afternoon.

But because his boss offered him to take a week off, I'm thinking it's all over. He basically said Bushie wasn't really needed.

Agreed. If you can leave your job for a full week, you're not needed as a full-time employee. There is a difference between requesting a week off and making preparations and asking co-workers to handle certain projects in your stead, and your employer suggesting you take a full week off when that was not requested. If he thinks not having Bushie around for a week won't be a noticeable burden, he's thinking about not having Bushie around period.

Honestly, Jeff, if you haven't started looking for other opportunities, you ought to start after the funeral.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #447 on: September 24, 2014, 01:31:29 PM »

Sadly, he's going to ignore this, Focus on Focusing, and be completely shocked when he gets let go on November 1st.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #448 on: September 24, 2014, 01:49:57 PM »

Nice.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #449 on: September 24, 2014, 03:49:13 PM »

Hi, guys, I made it home to Tulsa.  We had a family dinner after the service, so I didn't start home until 1345.  I got home about 1530.  It was a good and fitting service.

I'm hearing what you guys are saying.  It is odd for a new employee to get a week off for a non-immediate family member.  My aunt told me to thank my boss for letting me off for the funeral and to grieve properly.  It meant a lot to her for me to come down and help carry the casket.  Even though he gave me the week off, I did help my cause by going into work anyway for all of Monday, half of Tuesday and I will keep my promise to him to return the day after the funeral, which would be Thursday.  I had planned to take Friday off, but since I was off today, I will work the second half of the day on Friday.  I should get back to work by 1230 and will work until 1600.  It's only 3 1/2 hours, but that's more on my paycheck.  I will get back to a 40 hour week next week.  If he does let me go at the end of October, then my aunt's brother told me I could apply at his place where they have gobs of positions including CAD work.  I'm not too worried.  Plus, I will go out feeling good about myself.  It's not guaranteed that I will be let go, though, so I'm not going to even act like it.  I'm not going to act defeated, because that will only doom me.  Instead, I'm going to get back to focusing one day at a time and doing the best job that I can.  If that's not enough, then so be it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies