Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:42:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130206 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: September 26, 2014, 01:48:49 PM »

I made it back home.  I called my boss at 1115 when I was about to leave Shawnee, the town where my doctor's office is located, and told him I would be in around 1300.  He said to go on home as there is no need to just work 3 hours.  So, I won't get my paycheck until Monday.  I'll be honest, though, he did not sound happy.  My attendance is still pretty good other than missing 2 1/2 days in the past week, not including today, but I think my performance, while it has improved, may not be improving at the speed he wants or needs.  He said we'll talk about it Monday.  I still have a job for right now, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that changes Monday.  So, I'm about to turn around and go back to my parents' for the weekend to discuss next steps in the event that I am out of a job come Monday.  Again, I do not think it's my attendance, rather I think it has a lot to do with my performance not improving fast enough.  So, have fun with this one, folks...
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #501 on: September 26, 2014, 01:54:02 PM »

He said to go on home as there is no need to just work 3 hours.

Yep, that's the revelation right there. 
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #502 on: September 26, 2014, 01:56:40 PM »

I made it back home.  I called my boss at 1115 when I was about to leave Shawnee, the town where my doctor's office is located, and told him I would be in around 1300.  He said to go on home as there is no need to just work 3 hours.  So, I won't get my paycheck until Monday.  I'll be honest, though, he did not sound happy.  My attendance is still pretty good other than missing 2 1/2 days in the past week, not including today, but I think my performance, while it has improved, may not be improving at the speed he wants or needs.  He said we'll talk about it Monday.  I still have a job for right now, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that changes Monday.  So, I'm about to turn around and go back to my parents' for the weekend to discuss next steps in the event that I am out of a job come Monday.  Again, I do not think it's my attendance, rather I think it has a lot to do with my performance not improving fast enough.  So, have fun with this one, folks...

Don't do anything rash! If your parents tell you to quit, ignore their advice. Go into work Monday and do the best that you can. Make damn sure that he's the one who ends your employment there, if that happens, and not you.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #503 on: September 26, 2014, 02:01:07 PM »

Yeah, don't quit but it sounds like you're done if he told you not to bother to come in. I'm sure your attendance isn't why you're done, but it doesn't help matters. You're not even there 2 months and you've already taken time off. You can't work 8 weeks in a row. Add that to your poor performance on the job, which we still haven't heard the whole story, you're done.

In short, RIP CADD JOB
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #504 on: September 26, 2014, 02:11:45 PM »

You need to send out applications this weekend. Do not waste it watching football and napping.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #505 on: September 26, 2014, 04:56:10 PM »

Yep, this one is all but over.  My boss just sent me a text saying not to come in Monday, but to come in Tuesday at 8:30 to "talk".  Applications start going in tonight and tomorrow.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #506 on: September 26, 2014, 04:59:19 PM »

RIP CAD(D) job.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #507 on: September 26, 2014, 05:06:10 PM »

RIP CADD JOB

I'm not surprised, but I was trying to stay positive. It was pretty obvious Bushie was done a few weeks ago after he got the negative performance review.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #508 on: September 26, 2014, 05:14:02 PM »

RIP CAD JOB Sad

Luckily it sounds like Bushie has a strong lead with his family's company, and this time he'll have some CAD experience at least.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #509 on: September 26, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »

So apparently you're not as good at reading your boss as you thought. It's like you're on a roller coaster of thinking you're fine to thinking you're on the verge of getting canned. If you're ever going to keep a job, you need to be more observant and grounded.

No matter what, I would not quit this job, though. Because if you do that, you're probably done with CAD forever.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #510 on: September 26, 2014, 05:23:35 PM »

Bushie, is it safe to say CAD isn't for  you?

Attendance-wise, you stuck to this job far more any you ever had and it didn't end up helping you on performance. Despite you saying it was "lack of focus," you fixed that focus problem and your boss still was not impressed with your work.

If you disagree and still want to work with CAD, I'd say your only shot is to drop the TV watching and hit AutoCAD and textbooks in your free time because it doesn't sound like you can get by on natural talent.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #511 on: September 26, 2014, 05:28:37 PM »

I hope he tells us what the reason was for his firing. Was it clock watching? Shoddy work? Lack of focus? All of the above? Was Bushie merely showing up, spending his days looking at the clock while doing poor work and then leaving immediately at 4pm every day? I get he didn't work overtime because he wasn't salaried, but something wasn't working.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #512 on: September 26, 2014, 05:29:37 PM »

The quality of work was obviously bad. I don't buy clock watching was even mentioned on the performance review. His boss expressed frustration at him getting concepts.

Whether Bushie admits this remains to be seen...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #513 on: September 26, 2014, 05:36:22 PM »

The quality of work was obviously bad. I don't buy clock watching was even mentioned on the performance review. His boss expressed frustration at him getting concepts.

Whether Bushie admits this remains to be seen...

I do think he just wasn't that good at drafting. Those days where he was angry and had to keep repeating himself obviously hurt Bushie far more than he understands since he chalked it up to the boss just having a bad day.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #514 on: September 26, 2014, 05:43:49 PM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: September 26, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »

Yeah, I know...
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #516 on: September 26, 2014, 06:30:40 PM »

What are honestly your chances with this other job with the fam?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #517 on: September 26, 2014, 06:35:37 PM »

It was July 15, 2007 at the old Shea Stadium.  The game was against the Cincinnati Reds.  I was working at a computer camp at Rosemont College near Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.

Bushie, would you say you have a photographic memory?  Or, at least, do you have a very good memory for dates?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #518 on: September 26, 2014, 06:49:56 PM »

I really don't know, to be honest.  I just heard about this company this past Wednesday at the funeral.  All I know is I'm going to update my resume and send in the application as soon as possible.  He said they have many positions available and a lot more positions open than what's on their website.  I looked on the website and found a Mechanical Draftsman job that I might qualify for, so I'm definitely going to at least try.  Dad told me "whatever you do, do not go back to customer service."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #519 on: September 26, 2014, 06:52:08 PM »

It was July 15, 2007 at the old Shea Stadium.  The game was against the Cincinnati Reds.  I was working at a computer camp at Rosemont College near Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.

Bushie, would you say you have a photographic memory?  Or, at least, do you have a very good memory for dates?

I am excellent with dates.  I can remember exact dates from my childhood and even before I was born.  I can even name what day of the week the event happened.  I have a virtual calendar in my head so without looking at a real calendar, I know what day a particular date fell on or will fall on.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #520 on: September 26, 2014, 06:52:45 PM »

bushie, it is unfortunate but cadd might not be for you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #521 on: September 26, 2014, 06:59:20 PM »

It's better than customer service.  I'm not going to give up on CAD.  I know I can do it, and I was starting to get it, I just need a more patient boss.

Anyway, I have PM'd some of the Update readers the name of my family member's company for their investigation.  I look forward to reading their findings.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #522 on: September 26, 2014, 07:04:20 PM »

I am excellent with dates.  I can remember exact dates from my childhood and even before I was born.  I can even name what day of the week the event happened.  I have a virtual calendar in my head so without looking at a real calendar, I know what day a particular date fell on or will fall on.

Interesting.  Do you remember what date the 1996 election fell on?  How about what time the election was called for Clinton?  Do you remember what you had for dinner or what your dad was wearing at the time?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #523 on: September 26, 2014, 07:27:56 PM »

Interesting.  Do you remember what date the 1996 election fell on?  How about what time the election was called for Clinton?  Do you remember what you had for dinner or what your dad was wearing at the time?

Tuesday, November 5, 1996.  (I did that by recalling what day November 1 fell on in every year between 1996 and 2014, which was Friday in 1996, then added five days.)

I could not answer the last two questions by memory.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #524 on: September 26, 2014, 07:30:09 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2014, 07:37:59 PM by HockeyDude »

It's better than customer service.  I'm not going to give up on CAD.  I know I can do it, and I was starting to get it, I just need a more patient boss.

Anyway, I have PM'd some of the Update readers the name of my family member's company for their investigation.  I look forward to reading their findings.

Well, except myself, who has brought up the subject of the family job twice.  Is it the pestering of the mangos that makes you hate me so?  

EDIT: Thank you, Bushie!  I'll have a gander.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies