Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:35:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130359 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: September 28, 2014, 12:32:52 PM »

Bushie took out $7k in loans when his program only cost $3k (with books)? No wonder student loan debt is such a problem these days.

Also, I love how you all are still trying to help him. You're saints.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #676 on: September 28, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »

maybe work on my CAD for an hour or so after the game tonight.
Epic Fail
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #677 on: September 28, 2014, 12:58:10 PM »

The BK post was the best of all of them, but how do I start at the management position?  I refuse to make minimum wage on my way to success that may or may not happen.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #678 on: September 28, 2014, 01:03:33 PM »

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #679 on: September 28, 2014, 01:05:08 PM »

I readily admit I've been lazy outside the office and that's partly the reason I'm likely being let go.  I know things have got to change in many areas if I want a successful career in any field, not just CAD.

So then why did you blast us this morning for telling you this?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #680 on: September 28, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »

I tried early on in the history of the Update, I believe, but he doesn't seem to think he needs one and may be worried about the costs.

Which of course his (not poor) parents would end up paying for, and maybe they wouldn't approve.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #681 on: September 28, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »

Whatever happened to the idea of tying to get Update published? It is a compelling narrative. I believe Bacon King even offered to do some editing for a slice of the action. In all honesty, Update is the only skill Bushie has,  but it is a profound one. Why let it go to waste? And why deprive the world of its pleasures?

I know a thing or two about the publishing industry. For several quite distinct reasons they wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #682 on: September 28, 2014, 01:40:34 PM »

Who is more thickheaded: Bushie, or the people that have written literally hundreds of posts (some of which are very verbose) giving him advice they already know he'll never take?

Both are certainly less thickheaded and useless than the hillbots on the 2016 board.

That was the best response you could think of? Weak.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #683 on: September 28, 2014, 01:46:27 PM »

Seriously, guys, I know where my career is headed.  It is headed in a good direction.  I have a few corrections I need to make, but I'm on my way to something good.  The future is brighter than it's ever been.

Jeff, at this point you are basically the Baghdad Bob of your life. You think things are fine when they're not. You think they're going well when it's quite obvious they aren't.

The future is brighter than it's ever been? Well, you weren't about to get fired a few weeks ago, so I'd say your future was brighter a few weeks ago than it is now.

You haven't changed your attitude at all. You're still going to spend all your time napping, watching TV and going to church, and if you have an extra hour to spare when all that's done you'll do some half-hearted CAD work or job searching. I'm not calling your abilities into question. I'm calling your judgment into question and pointing out that your priorities are totally screwed up.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #684 on: September 28, 2014, 01:53:36 PM »

http://terrymante.blogspot.com/2013/07/3-signs-of-mental-laziness.html
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #685 on: September 28, 2014, 01:57:00 PM »

Bushie will come across that in Bible study one of these years
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #686 on: September 28, 2014, 02:26:25 PM »

Who is more thickheaded: Bushie, or the people that have written literally hundreds of posts (some of which are very verbose) giving him advice they already know he'll never take?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

probably bushie
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #687 on: September 28, 2014, 03:03:12 PM »

I readily admit I've been lazy outside the office and that's partly the reason I'm likely being let go.  I know things have got to change in many areas if I want a successful career in any field, not just CAD.

So then why did you blast us this morning for telling you this?

I was trying to convince myself that I was just fine.  My conscience got the better of me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #688 on: September 28, 2014, 03:04:48 PM »

Most minimum wage workers are more industrious, more competent, and more reliable than you. Your condescending attitude toward their work (and, it seems, toward any work that isn't white collar) is both unjustifiable and an obstacle to your own success. Why do you deserve better than they do? Why are you more valuable than they are?

I'm not purposefully trying to put down their value in society.  I'm just saying I can't survive on minimum wage.  I need at least $11 or $12 an hour to even have a shot at paying my bills.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #689 on: September 28, 2014, 03:06:38 PM »

Seriously, guys, I know where my career is headed.  It is headed in a good direction.  I have a few corrections I need to make, but I'm on my way to something good.  The future is brighter than it's ever been.

Jeff, at this point you are basically the Baghdad Bob of your life. You think things are fine when they're not. You think they're going well when it's quite obvious they aren't.

The future is brighter than it's ever been? Well, you weren't about to get fired a few weeks ago, so I'd say your future was brighter a few weeks ago than it is now.

You haven't changed your attitude at all. You're still going to spend all your time napping, watching TV and going to church, and if you have an extra hour to spare when all that's done you'll do some half-hearted CAD work or job searching. I'm not calling your abilities into question. I'm calling your judgment into question and pointing out that your priorities are totally screwed up.

Since when does four places to apply to tonight and two places tomorrow consider to be "half-hearted" job searching?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #690 on: September 28, 2014, 03:13:10 PM »

Do you have a learning disability or something, Jeff?

You've had over six months to get all your ducks in a row on this CADD thing. People kept telling you to practice and you didn't. People kept telling you not to leave school early and you did it anyway. When you got your negative performance review, they told you that you needed to work on that outside of the office and instead you watched more baseball and gorged yourself on church potlucks. You had multiple opportunities to deliver and get your $#!% together and you didn't do it.

The fact that you are two days away from getting canned now is proof enough that your effort has consistently and repeatedly been half-hearted.

Why wait until tonight, Jeff? Why aren't you applying now? Why aren't you calling that relative of yours? Or, a better question,

Why did you not get your act together to begin with and avoid this whole situation?

I'm not asking you for some cagey admission that you could have done things differently. I'm asking why you refused to take any of the advice offered to you. I'm asking why you always grudgingly admit that you need to improve and then do nothing to actually make that happen.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #691 on: September 28, 2014, 03:14:34 PM »

Why are we not supposed to question his abilities? I don't see any evidence that he is able to hold any job that requires a modicum of critical thinking or analysis. He a living rebuttal to the classic American notion that all anybody needs is a can do attitude. We're not all created equal. Why pretend that we are? It's really not fair to him. He can't help who he is.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #692 on: September 28, 2014, 03:15:39 PM »

Well...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #693 on: September 28, 2014, 03:20:17 PM »

Like Al, I don't think enough attention has been given to the fact that Bushie is apparently some sort of Rainman-esque savant???
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #694 on: September 28, 2014, 03:31:51 PM »

Most minimum wage workers are more industrious, more competent, and more reliable than you. Your condescending attitude toward their work (and, it seems, toward any work that isn't white collar) is both unjustifiable and an obstacle to your own success. Why do you deserve better than they do? Why are you more valuable than they are?

I'm not purposefully trying to put down their value in society.  I'm just saying I can't survive on minimum wage.  I need at least $11 or $12 an hour to even have a shot at paying my bills.

You don't have skills or a work ethic that merits more than minimum wage.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #695 on: September 28, 2014, 03:34:26 PM »

To some degree, yes

Mistakes were made, yes, but I don't feel like going over this for the billionth time.

Again, I've said this before, but apparently you didn't listen.  I was away from my resume all weekend.  It was on my main computer at home, and I was on my laptop 100 miles away at my parents.  I didn't have access to update the resume and apply.  So, I did a search on Friday night and found a few places I can apply to tonight now that I'm back home on my main computer, which includes my family's company, and I found the two places I will go tomorrow morning.

You're not going to get an answer to either.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #696 on: September 28, 2014, 03:37:08 PM »

You don't have skills or a work ethic that merits more than minimum wage.

I disagree on the skills, but I will agree that my resume is not worth much more than minimum wage, but it doesn't mean I should stick to low-wage jobs.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #697 on: September 28, 2014, 03:59:17 PM »

Again, I've said this before, but apparently you didn't listen.  I was away from my resume all weekend.  It was on my main computer at home, and I was on my laptop 100 miles away at my parents.  I didn't have access to update the resume and apply.  So, I did a search on Friday night and found a few places I can apply to tonight now that I'm back home on my main computer, which includes my family's company, and I found the two places I will go tomorrow morning.

I know that despite having degrees and certificates in very technical fields, your approach to technology is less developed than that of my 55 year-old mother who is a liberal arts professor. I keep most of my "important" documents, including my resume, in a cloud drive that I can access anywhere. I use OneDrive because I can access it through my Outlook.com email address. Dropbox is another widely used one, as is iCloud if you have any Apple products. You need to sign up for one of these, particularly since you seem to often go back-and-forth between Tulsa and OKC.

"It was on my other computer" is a downright pathetic excuse to make in 2014. It's not a valid excuse at all.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #698 on: September 28, 2014, 04:10:54 PM »

^ Go easy on him.  You make it seem like he should be an expert with computers or something
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #699 on: September 28, 2014, 04:18:20 PM »

Bushie, why don't you try to get a pizza delivery job? It's the easiest $12/hour ever. Plus you get to eat garbage for free. And you can still watch all the tv you want on your own time. No boring personal development required. It's perfect.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies