Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:24:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130214 times)
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: September 29, 2014, 09:11:28 PM »

Hope you feel better.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #826 on: September 29, 2014, 09:14:57 PM »

Thanks, I bought some Nyquil this evening so I'll take some toward the end of this game.   I don't have anything scheduled after the meeting with my boss tomorrow morning, so I could come back and rest if I need to.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #827 on: September 29, 2014, 09:17:40 PM »

You could always threaten to infect everyone in the office with your germs if you don't get a good reference from him.

[/kidding]

Hope you feel better.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #828 on: September 29, 2014, 09:30:30 PM »

You could always threaten to infect everyone in the office with your germs if you don't get a good reference from him.

[/kidding]

Hope you feel better.

lol,

thanks, I'll be okay. I'm not feeling terrible right now, just not spectacular.  I'm still very alert and not in a real big fog.  Tomorrow could be a different story, but like I said my schedule is clear after my meeting.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #829 on: September 29, 2014, 09:33:17 PM »

After all this buildup, I think it would be hilarious if he doesn't get fired at all.

Bushie then has to work all day while being sick.  (OK, that part wouldn't be hilarious.)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #830 on: September 29, 2014, 09:42:09 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2014, 09:44:58 PM by Mr. Morden »

If this were really a TV show, what would happen is that Bushie would build up in his head that he was going to be fired.  Then he gets sick the night before, but figures…."Well, I don't really need to work tomorrow.  I'm just going to go in for an hour to get fired, and then can go home and sleep."

However, the meeting with his boss turns out to be just his boss telling him that he's on thin ice, but that he can keep his job if he finishes this one big really important job *today*, which will presumably include a lot of overtime.  That's why he was told not to come in on Monday, so that he can work longer hours on Tuesday.  Then Bushie has to work all day while sick, to avoid losing his job.

However, because he's sick, he isn't able to finish the project, and is fired.  But by pushing himself this hard, he ends up bed ridden for the next week, forcing him to miss an interview with Walmart.  He isn't able to get back to Walmart for another week, by which time it's too late, because they've already implemented their holiday season hiring freeze.

By this time, the entire office at Bushie's old workplace has been infected by the bug he brought in, and their staff shortages threaten to shut the place down.  However, Bushie brings in his Native American doctor, who uses ancient Native herbal remedies to cure the entire office.  Bushie's old boss is so impressed that he hires the Native American doctor on the spot, but gets a restraining order against Bushie, so that he can never bring in his germs again.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #831 on: September 29, 2014, 09:43:00 PM »

To be honest, Morden, I'm going to work tomorrow prepared to stay til normal quitting time, though I'm fully expecting to be out of there by 9:00.  I would prefer to work while sick tomorrow because, hey, that's money and a salvaged job.  I'm not counting on it, though.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #832 on: September 29, 2014, 10:07:57 PM »

Why can't you be Halloween Bushie this month? You're skipping over a very important holiday, Jeff.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #833 on: September 29, 2014, 10:11:52 PM »

I prefer Christmas over Halloween.  As I see it, Halloween and Thanksgiving are included in the Christmas Holiday Season.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #834 on: September 29, 2014, 10:25:38 PM »

Very happy to not have any holidays until Christmas... which I've planned to maximise time at home and minimise time with family.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #835 on: September 29, 2014, 11:03:04 PM »

Is that technically allowed? It's actually very clever, but seems too good to be true.

I don't know if it's allowed or even legal but he had apparently been doing it for months without being detected. I don't know if he ever got caught but Asset Protection suspected he was employed at another Walmart nearby, given how adeptly he gamed the system, so they passed the investigation up to the regional office. For like a month whenever we got anything expensive a cancelled S2S delivery we just kept it in the back room and after that he never came back.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think people like knowing it's there, reserved for them to take as soon as they pay it off. They get the satisfaction of kinda-sorta owning it even while they're paying it off.

The real reason Walmart has layaway is because it allows poor people with terrible credit to have their very own opportunity to live the American Dream of impulsively buying a bunch of expensive [Inks] you don't need

(ok so there's a lot of wallyworld chat in here, I am considering branching it off to a new thread)

noooo I've been really enjoying "WalMart Presents... Update!"

fair enough, I suppose Executive Producer Eraserhead has creative control of the series so it would be his call either way
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #836 on: September 30, 2014, 12:31:26 AM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #837 on: September 30, 2014, 05:27:59 AM »

With all due respect to BK, this Walmart thing is nothing more than a pipe dream.  I guess it doesn't hurt to apply though.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #838 on: September 30, 2014, 06:41:57 AM »

With all due respect to BK, this Walmart thing is nothing more than a pipe dream.  I guess it doesn't hurt to apply though.
Bushie could definitely work at WalMart. Just almost certainly not in a salaried, supervisory position.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #839 on: September 30, 2014, 07:13:25 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning!  I slept quite well for about 7 1/2 hours.  I woke up about 45 minutes before my alarm and couldn't go back to sleep, so I got up.  I've still got a minor cough, but my main ailment is a sore throat.  I've got the meeting with my boss this morning at 0830.  I'm expecting to be out of there by 0900, but I'll also be prepared to stay the entire day.  I'll just be ready either way.  I'm mentally prepared for either decision.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #840 on: September 30, 2014, 07:15:29 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning!  I slept quite well for about 7 1/2 hours.  I woke up about 45 minutes before my alarm and couldn't go back to sleep, so I got up.  I've still got a minor cough, but my main ailment is a sore throat.  I've got the meeting with my boss this morning at 0830.  I'm expecting to be out of there by 0900, but I'll also be prepared to stay the entire day.  I'll just be ready either way.  I'm mentally prepared for either decision.

Best of luck Jeff.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #841 on: September 30, 2014, 08:40:28 AM »

So the meeting with his boss is happening right now?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #842 on: September 30, 2014, 09:08:45 AM »

9:10 Central and still no confirmation of firing? Interesting....
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #843 on: September 30, 2014, 09:09:51 AM »

I'm back home and the meeting went as expected, I am out of a job.  However, he did tell me not to give up on my CAD career, but try to find a larger company who might have more time to work with me and bring me up to speed.  Again, I come out of this the winner and not the loser.  It is time now to find a job as quickly as possible and to get over whatever illness I have.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #844 on: September 30, 2014, 09:14:14 AM »

Did your boss tell you what you did wrong, what you needed improvement on and so forth?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #845 on: September 30, 2014, 09:25:50 AM »

Again, I come out of this the winner and not the loser. 

How so?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #846 on: September 30, 2014, 09:26:13 AM »

Did your boss tell you what you did wrong, what you needed improvement on and so forth?

I suspect that had been done ad nauseam.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #847 on: September 30, 2014, 09:36:34 AM »

He didn't go into specifics.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #848 on: September 30, 2014, 09:39:20 AM »

He may have taken away my job, but he did not take away my determination.  I will reiterate, I am a good drafter.  I'm sorry he didn't see that, but it is his loss.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #849 on: September 30, 2014, 09:44:27 AM »

He may have taken away my job, but he did not take away my determination.  I will reiterate, I am a good drafter.  I'm sorry he didn't see that, but it is his loss.

If as you say, you need brought up to speed that is NOT good........so new out of CAD(d) school  you should have been fully up to speed.  You need to practice your skills now on your new computer while you're off so you get up to speed.........forget napping......start improving.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies