Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:18:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 129992 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: September 30, 2014, 03:36:28 PM »

Hi, guys, I am just going to let you believe whatever you want about me.  I'll be over here living life and doing what I need to do to make the necessary changes to get a good career established.

Have Mama and Papa Bushie suggested that you move back in with them?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #876 on: September 30, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »

Hi, guys, I am just going to let you believe whatever you want about me.  I'll be over here living life and doing what I need to do to make the necessary changes to get a good career established.

No.  Now, if I get a job in Oklahoma City before my lease is up here, then I will stay with Grandma, but that wouldn't be out of a need of full support.  They firmly believe, like I do, that I will get a job very soon.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #877 on: September 30, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »

No.  Now, if I get a job in Oklahoma City before my lease is up here, then I will stay with Grandma, but that wouldn't be out of a need of full support.  They firmly believe, like I do, that I will get a job very soon.

The question is will you keep the job after you get it though? You haven't had much luck in that department yet.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #878 on: September 30, 2014, 03:45:24 PM »

Pretty much everyone here is giving you terrible advice, because they're assuming that you're just an ordinary person who happens to be a bit thick and extremely lazy. As I think you know yourself, this isn't really the case, is it? All across the world, stupider people than you (Christ: lazier people than you) hold down - right now, as I type, as you read this - the sort of jobs you've been fired from. Your difficulties with the world of work are not primarily caused by character defects.

You have certain issues that need to be - if not dealt with because that would be impossible - managed. You have tourettes, you have (as you have acknowledged) learning difficulties and you almost certainly have something else (six letters, begins with an 'a' ends with an 'm'). None of this is your fault. You need help and you need to accept that there is no shame in seeking it.

Interesting. People do seem to be reacting to this in the way you said the might- I'd gather it is because they too do not want to change.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #879 on: September 30, 2014, 03:49:58 PM »

The question is will you keep the job after you get it though? You haven't had much luck in that department yet.

I will certainly do my best.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #880 on: September 30, 2014, 04:08:41 PM »

Pretty much everyone here is giving you terrible advice, because they're assuming that you're just an ordinary person who happens to be a bit thick and extremely lazy. As I think you know yourself, this isn't really the case, is it? All across the world, stupider people than you (Christ: lazier people than you) hold down - right now, as I type, as you read this - the sort of jobs you've been fired from. Your difficulties with the world of work are not primarily caused by character defects.

You have certain issues that need to be - if not dealt with because that would be impossible - managed. You have tourettes, you have (as you have acknowledged) learning difficulties and you almost certainly have something else (six letters, begins with an 'a' ends with an 'm'). None of this is your fault. You need help and you need to accept that there is no shame in seeking it.

Interesting. People do seem to be reacting to this in the way you said the might- I'd gather it is because they too do not want to change.
There is this implicit American belief that everybody can do anything if they just believe and try hard enough. Bushie might change his ways and win that gold in female gymnastics after all. That's not to say I'm the type to suggest he should just throw up his hands, say I can't do anything ever either. There's a happy medium. We all have our talents as well as our limitations in life. As adults, we should know ourselves well enough to position ourselves advantageously in accordance with our unique character.  Bushie is.....well Bushie. He's not an overacheiving go-getter. He's never going to be. That's not so terrible by itself, but he's setting himself up for failure time and time again because he thinks that he is. Sigh....
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #881 on: September 30, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »

and you almost certainly have something else (six letters, begins with an 'a' ends with an 'm').

you wouldn't be saying this but for Bushie's self-reported ability to recall specific dates (?)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #882 on: September 30, 2014, 04:59:13 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2014, 05:02:03 PM by King »

I think all of us would be fine with Bushie putting the job search aside and seeking psychiatric treatment. He chooses not to take that path. There's nothing we can do about it. Instead, we advise him on how to live without it.

We also definitely feel empathy for him. In a strange way, he is an everyman character. He is every one of our negative aspects (gluttony, sloth, pride, etc) taken to its most extreme.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #883 on: September 30, 2014, 05:06:29 PM »

What would those things be??
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #884 on: September 30, 2014, 05:11:14 PM »

How can you expect him to get hired if he can't small talk the interviewer about the results of the NL Wild Card game?!?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #885 on: September 30, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »

This is a man who believes he can't do anything positive for himself without help from a sky spook so...

His religion is one of the most damning thing about his motivations. He believes he's getting an afterlife so he sees no incentive to change his habits to lengthen and better his life. He's admitted that he doesn't fear an early death.

It's not just that.  He thinks the entire world will be coming to an end very soon:

I think Christ will be coming back to earth very soon...

In that case, why worry about having enough $ for retirement?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #886 on: September 30, 2014, 06:09:37 PM »

When I say it will be ending soon, I don't mean anytime in the immediate future.  I believe we are somewhere between 7 and 10 years away.  That's my best guess.  However, the Bible clearly says no one knows the day nor the hour that the Son of man will return, but based on current events especially in Europe and the Middle East, I think we can get an idea.

Since we don't officially know when it's going to end, it is still vital to live life as normal and go out and be a witness to the unbelievers.  Note, in Christianity that is gently, lovingly talking and praying with them.  Parts of Islam is much more forceful and violent to unbelievers.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #887 on: September 30, 2014, 06:19:02 PM »

When I say it will be ending soon, I don't mean anytime in the immediate future.  I believe we are somewhere between 7 and 10 years away.  That's my best guess.  However, the Bible clearly says no one knows the day nor the hour that the Son of man will return, but based on current events especially in Europe and the Middle East, I think we can get an idea.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #888 on: September 30, 2014, 06:20:00 PM »

Since we don't officially know when it's going to end, it is still vital to live life as normal and go out and be a witness to the unbelievers.  Note, in Christianity that is gently, lovingly talking and praying with them.  Parts of Islam is much more forceful and violent to unbelievers.
7 to 10 years? That's extremely soon, not just on a geological time frame, but even in the life of a person . Is that why you live the way you do? I'd probably be up to a lot of crazy shenanigans too if I were convinced there was no need to plan for anything past 2024.  You'd still be the better Updater by far though. I'm more than happy to give you that.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #889 on: September 30, 2014, 06:26:58 PM »

7 to 10 years? That's extremely soon, not just on a geological time frame, but even in the life of a person . Is that why you live the way you do? I'd probably be up to a lot of crazy shenanigans too if I were convinced there was no need to plan for anything past 2024.  You'd still be the better Updater by far though. I'm more than happy to give you that.

Bushie thinks eternity spans 7000 years.  Only 2014 of them meaningful.  7-10 is a decent chuck of that. 
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #890 on: September 30, 2014, 06:51:14 PM »

Dare I ask how you determined 7-10 years?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #891 on: September 30, 2014, 06:55:46 PM »

7 to 10 years? That's extremely soon, not just on a geological time frame, but even in the life of a person . Is that why you live the way you do? I'd probably be up to a lot of crazy shenanigans too if I were convinced there was no need to plan for anything past 2024.  You'd still be the better Updater by far though. I'm more than happy to give you that.

Bushie thinks eternity spans 7000 years.  Only 2014 of them meaningful.  7-10 is a decent chuck of that. 

I'm not sure that he's a doctrinaire YEC.
Panda Express

« Reply #892 on: September 30, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »

The world is ending in 7-10 years? Well, in that case I agree with you that trying to eat healthy is a waste of time. Good call.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #893 on: September 30, 2014, 07:12:41 PM »

I think you're spot-on. Judging by events in Europe and the Middle East, I expect the world will end sometime in 1789, or 1805, or 1917, or 1943, or 1967, or 1973, or 1989, or 2003, or ...
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #894 on: September 30, 2014, 08:16:24 PM »

I'm going to try to steer this thread back to the crisis at hand.

Jeff, why don't you consider finding a relatively non-demanding non-CADD job (yes, it will probably be hourly and minimum wage or close to it) and doing that for a few months while you work on improving your CADD skills? You're obviously not at a place right now where you can perform at a professional level. If you were, you wouldn't have been fired today.

A different job at a larger firm isn't going to address the root problem. Companies don't want to have to train you on-the-job. That's supposed to be what you went to school for. They can easily hire someone else who got better grades than you did and hasn't been fired from any drafting positions. If you're not ready to hit the ground running from day one, you have no business walking in the door. Take a few months to get yourself more up to speed.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #895 on: September 30, 2014, 08:19:13 PM »

When I say it will be ending soon, I don't mean anytime in the immediate future.  I believe we are somewhere between 7 and 10 years away.

I guess we have Bushie's answer to this question:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=199454.0

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I can see how living in Oklahoma would give you that impression.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #896 on: September 30, 2014, 08:28:51 PM »

I'm going to try to steer this thread back to the crisis at hand.

Jeff, why don't you consider finding a relatively non-demanding non-CADD job (yes, it will probably be hourly and minimum wage or close to it) and doing that for a few months while you work on improving your CADD skills? You're obviously not at a place right now where you can perform at a professional level. If you were, you wouldn't have been fired today.

A different job at a larger firm isn't going to address the root problem. Companies don't want to have to train you on-the-job. That's supposed to be what you went to school for. They can easily hire someone else who got better grades than you did and hasn't been fired from any drafting positions. If you're not ready to hit the ground running from day one, you have no business walking in the door. Take a few months to get yourself more up to speed.

In some ways... the two are connected.

If you believe that the Earth is about to end and you're going to be among the chosen ... why bother?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #897 on: September 30, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »

YOLO
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #898 on: September 30, 2014, 08:46:28 PM »

I too predict Bushie's world will come to an end in 7-10 years.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #899 on: September 30, 2014, 09:08:11 PM »

I'm not going to debate my views on the end time.  I was just answering a question.  Anyway, I am just relaxing tonight trying to make sure I'm feeling better to go down to my parents tomorrow afternoon for the weekend and several family dinners.  I'll be back to Tulsa Sunday.  I'll have my laptop and I'll put the resume on the cloud so I can still job search during the days Thursday and Friday.  If by some chance I have an interview one of the two days, I'll come back up here in the morning and go back after the interview.  Then, I have a weekend vacation to see my uncle in Kansas City next weekend.  We'll leave Friday and come back Sunday.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies