Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:10:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 129450 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: September 30, 2014, 09:10:13 PM »

Enjoy your several family dinners and vacation, Bushie. You earned it. Smiley
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #901 on: September 30, 2014, 09:10:46 PM »

Uh oh, the family dinners are back again. Bushie will crack 300 lbs. in October for sure.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #902 on: September 30, 2014, 09:12:24 PM »

Who all is visiting this month? What are the family dinners for?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #903 on: September 30, 2014, 09:14:24 PM »

I'm not going to debate my views on the end time.  I was just answering a question.  Anyway, I am just relaxing tonight trying to make sure I'm feeling better to go down to my parents tomorrow afternoon for the weekend and several family dinners.  I'll be back to Tulsa Sunday.  I'll have my laptop and I'll put the resume on the cloud so I can still job search during the days Thursday and Friday.  If by some chance I have an interview one of the two days, I'll come back up here in the morning and go back after the interview.  Then, I have a weekend vacation to see my uncle in Kansas City next weekend.  We'll leave Friday and come back Sunday.
Any chance there will be some enchilada casserole on the menu? We haven't heard anything about that particular delicacy in a while.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #904 on: September 30, 2014, 09:17:04 PM »

It's just my mom's sister and brother-in-law.  They're on their way through headed to Florida next week, but will be back through in November on their way back home to Las Vegas.  They come through 4 times a year.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #905 on: September 30, 2014, 09:18:36 PM »

I'm not going to debate my views on the end time.  I was just answering a question.  Anyway, I am just relaxing tonight trying to make sure I'm feeling better to go down to my parents tomorrow afternoon for the weekend and several family dinners.  I'll be back to Tulsa Sunday.  I'll have my laptop and I'll put the resume on the cloud so I can still job search during the days Thursday and Friday.  If by some chance I have an interview one of the two days, I'll come back up here in the morning and go back after the interview.  Then, I have a weekend vacation to see my uncle in Kansas City next weekend.  We'll leave Friday and come back Sunday.
Any chance there will be some enchilada casserole on the menu? We haven't heard anything about that particular delicacy in a while.

Doubtful.  The meats will be roast, ham, pork tenderloin, and beef and noodle casserole.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #906 on: September 30, 2014, 09:19:24 PM »

It's just my mom's sister and brother-in-law.  They're on their way through headed to Florida next week, but will be back through in November on their way back home to Las Vegas.  They come through 4 times a year.
They drive from Vegas to Florida 4 times a year? Interesting. That's quite a drive. Tell us more about them.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #907 on: September 30, 2014, 09:19:57 PM »

On the plus side, I'm sure these meals will result in some "productive dumps".
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #908 on: September 30, 2014, 09:26:17 PM »

I live in Kansas City. How about meeting for breakfasts, lunch or dinner (just one, not all three)?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #909 on: September 30, 2014, 09:30:03 PM »

I'm not going to debate my views on the end time.  I was just answering a question.  Anyway, I am just relaxing tonight trying to make sure I'm feeling better to go down to my parents tomorrow afternoon for the weekend and several family dinners.  I'll be back to Tulsa Sunday.  I'll have my laptop and I'll put the resume on the cloud so I can still job search during the days Thursday and Friday.  If by some chance I have an interview one of the two days, I'll come back up here in the morning and go back after the interview.

So have you applied to Walmart yet?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #910 on: September 30, 2014, 09:33:22 PM »

Just got fired. Resumes usual pattern of TV-watching and having family dinners with distant relatives who randomly show up all the time. Way to make those changes to be successful. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #911 on: September 30, 2014, 09:35:31 PM »

I live in Kansas City. How about meeting for breakfasts, lunch or dinner (just one, not all three)?

Doubtful I could pull that off.  Ill be with my parents and it'd be just a quick trip.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #912 on: September 30, 2014, 09:36:11 PM »

Morden, yes, I applied yesterday.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #913 on: September 30, 2014, 09:40:33 PM »

Doubtful I could pull that off.  Ill be with my parents and it'd be just a quick trip.

We'll make it work. I'm flexible. It'll be good to have a little coaching session face-to-face. Don't worry about the cost of eating out ... it's on me.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #914 on: September 30, 2014, 09:49:46 PM »

32 years old and can't leave his parents sight for one meal with a friend. Unbelievable.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #915 on: September 30, 2014, 09:50:03 PM »

I think the more important question is...

How do you have SEVERAL family dinners over the course of one weekend?  

Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #916 on: September 30, 2014, 09:50:26 PM »

I strongly doubt the world will end in the next ten years. But if it did, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the turning point was the day a bunch of dinguses on an Internet message board pushed a man who can cannot successfully run his own life into a position running one of the largest companies in America
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #917 on: September 30, 2014, 09:54:02 PM »

32 years old and can't leave his parents sight for one meal with a friend. Unbelievable.

I'll pick you up, Jeff. Based on your typical updates, you won't have a totally action-packed, non-stop weekend planned. Name the time.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #918 on: September 30, 2014, 09:57:24 PM »

I think the more important question is...

How do you have SEVERAL family dinners over the course of one weekend?  

Thursday (and in this case Wednesday) count as the weekend, so the calories don't count and NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO QUESTION ME ON THAT!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #919 on: September 30, 2014, 09:58:02 PM »

I like how Bushie's life before and after being fired is completely the same. Keep on keeping on, old friend.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #920 on: September 30, 2014, 10:02:21 PM »

I remember back in college and for a bit of time after I valeted cars at a fancy restaurant to make ends meet.  Every single Sunday, and sometimes during the week, this lady who drove a beige Corolla would come in, must've been about 60-65 yrs old, for lunch right around 3pm and park herself in a VIP spot and throw me $3 (not even close to VIP money at this place but she was nice and a friend of ownership so it's all good).  Always with her was this ancient old wench who must be pushing 100 (presumably her mother), another woman about her age (presumably her sister), and this awkward middle-aged pedostached guy who was a good 20 years younger, never wore anything besides sweatpants with a graphic t-shirt, and would just mumble to himself.  I will now and forever think of them as The Jersey Bushies.  
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #921 on: September 30, 2014, 10:03:57 PM »

Just got fired. Resumes usual pattern of TV-watching and having family dinners with distant relatives who randomly show up all the time. Way to make those changes to be successful. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I mean seriously... why do we all keep on bothering with this?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #922 on: September 30, 2014, 10:05:54 PM »

I mean seriously... why do we all keep on bothering with this?

This is the story of America, Sim, told by the one Forumite who personifies the modern American experience like no one else here.

Update is the most important and relevant thing we have here at Atlas.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #923 on: September 30, 2014, 10:17:27 PM »

The real tragedy here is that Bushie wasn't born in similar circumstances in Saudi Arabia, because he could have easily landed a nice gig in the Saudi government with awesome conditions and insanely good job security - where you're paid to do nothing all day, surf the internet, play games online, go to prayer during working hours, take a nap at noon, leave the office at 2-3pm to head home and ingest piles of sh**t (given that Saudis mostly eat the same sh**t as Bushie does, and KSA has the same chains as in Oklahoma...) and do whatever mundane daily activities for the rest of the day. Besides, KSA has free healthcare, no taxes, cheap gas and apparently even subsidized (if not free) cars and housing for public servants. There's certainly little incentive to actually work if your job is a push-paper redundancy in the government there, so there'd obviously be no risk of getting canned within a month.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #924 on: September 30, 2014, 10:20:01 PM »

The real tragedy here is that Bushie wasn't born in similar circumstances in Saudi Arabia, because he could have easily landed a nice gig in the Saudi government with awesome conditions and insanely good job security - where you're paid to do nothing all day, surf the internet, play games online, go to prayer during working hours, take a nap at noon, leave the office at 2-3pm to head home and ingest piles of sh**t (given that Saudis mostly eat the same sh**t as Bushie does, and KSA has the same chains as in Oklahoma...) and do whatever mundane daily activities for the rest of the day. Besides, KSA has free healthcare, no taxes, cheap gas and apparently even subsidized (if not free) cars and housing for public servants. There's certainly little incentive to actually work if your job is a push-paper redundancy in the government there, so there'd obviously be no risk of getting canned within a month.

Oklahoma is like the Christian Saudi Arabia, minus all those benefits...
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies