Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:47:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130365 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: October 01, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »

You know what can cause frequent need to urinate?

Diabeetis.

Think about it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1001 on: October 01, 2014, 08:41:46 PM »

I am looking forward to this interview on Friday.  It will only be 3 days after I officially got let go from my previous job.  If the Lord blesses me with this job, I know, without a doubt, there are things I need to do differently if I want to keep this longer than a couple months.  I fully intend on making the necessary changes wherever I find them.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1002 on: October 01, 2014, 08:42:48 PM »

Have you picked a restaurant yet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1003 on: October 01, 2014, 08:45:18 PM »

You know what can cause frequent need to urinate?

Diabeetis.

Think about it.

I had to go frequently earlier this summer, but that has really worked itself out.  It is also a tic associated with Tourette's.  I had it quite a bit as a boy.  I've been tested every six months for the past two to three years and my blood sugar and A1C both come back perfectly normal.  The latest test was on September 19, 2014.  Not only did it come back within a normal range, but my nurse said it came back perfect.  I continue to have it checked every six months, but I have had no signs of diabetes.  I'm certainly thankful for that.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1004 on: October 01, 2014, 08:46:30 PM »

How generous.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1005 on: October 01, 2014, 08:46:34 PM »

I think I'll take a rain check on the offer.  Thanks for the offer, but I want to spend my entire time with the family.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1006 on: October 01, 2014, 08:56:02 PM »

I fully intend on making the necessary changes wherever I find them.

Someone really ought to start keeping a running list of all the times this statement or iterations of it have shown up in The Update.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1007 on: October 01, 2014, 08:57:53 PM »

Bushie must have one hell of a pancreas!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1008 on: October 01, 2014, 11:02:58 PM »

I am looking forward to this interview on Friday.  It will only be 3 days after I officially got let go from my previous job.  If the Lord blesses me with this job, I know, without a doubt, there are things I need to do differently if I want to keep this longer than a couple months.  I fully intend on making the necessary changes wherever I find them.

I thought you didn't even know where to start with the material? So how can you make any changes?

Let's be honest, you're not going to change anything. You're just hoping that the next boss won't care about how sloppy your work is. Guess again, my friend.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1009 on: October 01, 2014, 11:17:34 PM »

I am looking forward to this interview on Friday.  It will only be 3 days after I officially got let go from my previous job.  If the Lord blesses me with this job, I know, without a doubt, there are things I need to do differently if I want to keep this longer than a couple months.  I fully intend on making the necessary changes wherever I find them.

I thought you didn't even know where to start with the material? So how can you make any changes?

Let's be honest, you're not going to change anything. You're just hoping that the next boss won't care about how sloppy your work is. Guess again, my friend.

Bushie, you need to break out the AutoCAD.  Hell, I'd even play around with it for an hour just because it's a computer program. 

I think a call to Russ is in order.  If anything, he can give Bushie a few pointers on what he should be brushing up on. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1010 on: October 01, 2014, 11:20:42 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_1y_avH20Q&list=PLLE0YYaxTcEKxDJZ6nd3dLRh6u55MbnXo
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1011 on: October 01, 2014, 11:27:29 PM »

12 seconds in and I was clockwatching. There's no way Bushie wasn't forced to do this by Papa.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1012 on: October 01, 2014, 11:29:09 PM »

Jeff, keep working hard where you're at. You had a rough performance review but have had a number of good days since then, as well. That's what performance reviews are for -- to tell you where you need improvement and to help you get better.

If Jeff was truly as dispensable as everyone is claiming and his boss was really that over him, they'd let him go now. It's a really small company. Even without factoring in a burden rate, equipment costs, management time or potential turnover costs, Jeff will be a $12,960.00 investment for this company over the next 27 business days. Why would they throw that away if he's as useless and doomed as you all assume?

Plus, it doesn't seem like this place has it's sht together at all. When they moved offices, no one had ensured the phone system would be transferred at the same time, meaning Jeff's boss needed to hang back at the old office to answer phones. I wouldn't be surprised if his offer of a week off for a funeral was due to either a) a small, familial atmosphere, or b) a relief in his boss's own management duties -- and I don't mean that because Jeff is a bother, I mean because this guy probably can't manage his way out of a paper bag, and any employee causes him stress.

I can't predict the future, but their continued investment in Jeff would be foolish if he's truly doomed. Don't be blind to the atmosphere around you, Jeff, but don't get distracted from continuing to grow and learn, too. They seem to want to continue investing in you for the time being.

Thank you J-Mann, for calming down our chaotic barnyard of Chicken Littles.  IMO, CADD job lives! 

Lies.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1013 on: October 02, 2014, 12:13:44 AM »

Jeff, keep working hard where you're at. You had a rough performance review but have had a number of good days since then, as well. That's what performance reviews are for -- to tell you where you need improvement and to help you get better.

If Jeff was truly as dispensable as everyone is claiming and his boss was really that over him, they'd let him go now. It's a really small company. Even without factoring in a burden rate, equipment costs, management time or potential turnover costs, Jeff will be a $12,960.00 investment for this company over the next 27 business days. Why would they throw that away if he's as useless and doomed as you all assume?

Plus, it doesn't seem like this place has it's sht together at all. When they moved offices, no one had ensured the phone system would be transferred at the same time, meaning Jeff's boss needed to hang back at the old office to answer phones. I wouldn't be surprised if his offer of a week off for a funeral was due to either a) a small, familial atmosphere, or b) a relief in his boss's own management duties -- and I don't mean that because Jeff is a bother, I mean because this guy probably can't manage his way out of a paper bag, and any employee causes him stress.

I can't predict the future, but their continued investment in Jeff would be foolish if he's truly doomed. Don't be blind to the atmosphere around you, Jeff, but don't get distracted from continuing to grow and learn, too. They seem to want to continue investing in you for the time being.

Thank you J-Mann, for calming down our chaotic barnyard of Chicken Littles.  IMO, CADD job lives! 

Lies.

Maybe his boss reads Update and realized the cost of keeping him on through the full 90 days?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1014 on: October 02, 2014, 12:38:52 AM »

Lies.

Maybe his boss reads Update and realized the cost of keeping him on through the full 90 days?

Bushie's boss actually turned out to be Mondale84, and was just stringing him along this whole time.  That would be a cruel twist.

Bushie, whatever you do, don't accept a job offer from this man:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170699.msg3664929#msg3664929
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1015 on: October 02, 2014, 01:02:28 AM »
« Edited: October 02, 2014, 06:57:03 PM by Christ will return in 7-10 years. »

Yep. I can't imagine our Bushie trying to deal with that stuff.

It might be time to start hawking vacuum cleaners again.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1016 on: October 02, 2014, 09:45:29 AM »

Good Thursday Morning!  I slept better than I did Tuesday night.  I'm still blowing my nose and sneezing, but I'm not in as much of a fog right now.  I took some Dayquil about 0600 and then laid back down until 0845.  I'm just going to stay inside and take it easy today, so that'll give me an entire day to heal.  I may take a few naps today.  Today's job hunt will be just responding to any e-mails or phone calls that I may get.  I also will do my best to prepare for tomorrow's interview.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1017 on: October 02, 2014, 09:49:26 AM »

Please elaborate on what you plan on doing to prepare for your interview tomorrow.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1018 on: October 02, 2014, 09:53:08 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please elaborate on what you plan on doing to prepare for your interview tomorrow.

Same as every day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1019 on: October 02, 2014, 09:54:23 AM »

Take a good look at the website, figuring out what they do, what they are working on, and formulating questions to ask them such as their 5 year plan, what success in the position looks like, etc.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1020 on: October 02, 2014, 09:55:50 AM »

Grumps, when you're sick, rest is your best friend.  Don't knock me for the naps.  Not today.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1021 on: October 02, 2014, 09:56:15 AM »

You also need to prepare solid answers to questions they'll ask you - especially the new behavioural questions they're all so fond of. People have no clue how to answer those correctly.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1022 on: October 02, 2014, 09:57:06 AM »

I hope this is a rushed interview like the last one. Bushie struggled through actual ones before he landed the last job.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1023 on: October 02, 2014, 09:58:08 AM »

Grumps, when you're sick, rest is your best friend.  Don't knock me for the naps.  Not today.

Tell me about it, I have severe bronchitis right now.  I think I'll leave work at 4PM and make it a shorter day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1024 on: October 02, 2014, 10:02:06 AM »

I hope this is a rushed interview like the last one. Bushie struggled through actual ones before he landed the last job.

I'll be ready whatever the interview.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies