Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:09:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130494 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: October 04, 2014, 06:54:05 PM »

Dragging your dad into driving you on a 200 mile round trip (in which he'll obviously be paying for the gas) to pick up some bills (that he is also going to be paying) and your arthritis and gout remedies (that a Native American tribe pays for)?  I'd be mortified to be you, but as you said yourself, you're not even remotely ashamed!

I have no reason at all to be ashamed.  I haven't done anything wrong (except what the forum fabricates).

I'll have your back on this one Bushie.  I don't doubt Dad offered to make the trip with you.  Last question, do you have family over this weekend, or is it just the three of you?

Mom's sister and brother-in-law are at Grandma's through Wednesday morning on their way to Florida.  They'll be back through in about three weeks.

Yea, sounds like your pops looks forward to getting out of the house.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1176 on: October 04, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »

Dragging your dad into driving you on a 200 mile round trip (in which he'll obviously be paying for the gas) to pick up some bills (that he is also going to be paying) and your arthritis and gout remedies (that a Native American tribe pays for)?  I'd be mortified to be you, but as you said yourself, you're not even remotely ashamed!

I have no reason at all to be ashamed.  I haven't done anything wrong (except what the forum fabricates).

I'll have your back on this one Bushie.  I don't doubt Dad offered to make the trip with you.  Last question, do you have family over this weekend, or is it just the three of you?

Mom's sister and brother-in-law are at Grandma's through Wednesday morning on their way to Florida.  They'll be back through in about three weeks.

Yea, sounds like your pops looks forward to getting out of the house.

He does like getting out and driving every once in a while.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1177 on: October 04, 2014, 07:15:11 PM »

bushie when will you be moving back in with your parents?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1178 on: October 04, 2014, 07:18:55 PM »

Bushie, why do you think it is that you have so much trouble keeping a job?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1179 on: October 04, 2014, 07:25:12 PM »

Probably never.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1180 on: October 04, 2014, 07:27:42 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2014, 07:31:29 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

I really have no idea.  I'm not a horrible worker.  I'm sure I'm doing things incorrectly, but I'm not an idiot by any means.

I've been asking myself the same question.  I haven't come up with a clear answer.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1181 on: October 04, 2014, 07:36:51 PM »

I really have no idea.  I'm not a horrible worker.  I'm sure I'm doing things incorrectly, but I'm not an idiot by any means.

I've been asking myself the same question.  I haven't come up with a clear answer.

Bushie you should work for the Federal government.  The job security is outstanding.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1182 on: October 04, 2014, 07:49:39 PM »

I really have no idea.  I'm not a horrible worker.  I'm sure I'm doing things incorrectly, but I'm not an idiot by any means.

Bushie you should work for the Federal government.  The job security is outstanding.

If I could get a job with the Feds, you better believe I'd hop on it immediately.  The only problem is the waiting list and hiring process is usually longer than I am willing to give it.  Maybe I'm just too impatient.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1183 on: October 04, 2014, 08:09:47 PM »

He already has. He's staying all next week.  Just the prelude. 
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1184 on: October 04, 2014, 08:10:21 PM »

I suspect that the Update crew may be able to clue you in to why you have so much trouble keeping a job if you are willing to listen.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1185 on: October 04, 2014, 08:11:55 PM »

Horrible moochers they are. Just like the rest that impose on Granny.  They should all be ashamed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1186 on: October 04, 2014, 08:13:49 PM »

He already has. He's staying all next week.  Just the prelude. 

I'm going back to Tulsa a week from Monday after we get back from Kansas City.  In no way have I "already moved in."  That's foolish nonsense.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1187 on: October 04, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »

Horrible moochers they are. Just like the rest that impose on Granny.  They should all be ashamed.

Don't you EVER INSULT MY FAMILY... THAT IS OFF LIMITS!!!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1188 on: October 04, 2014, 08:16:04 PM »

I suspect that the Update crew may be able to clue you in to why you have so much trouble keeping a job if you are willing to listen.

I don't listen to personal attacks and insults.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1189 on: October 04, 2014, 08:22:38 PM »

Your mistake is to confuse tough advice for attacks and insults.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1190 on: October 04, 2014, 08:31:27 PM »

Your mistake is to confuse tough advice for attacks and insults.

There has been some good advice, but there have also been needless and baseless personal attacks.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1191 on: October 04, 2014, 08:39:14 PM »

It's more than the mail.  I've got to get some more medicine and get my bills so I can pay this week.  Plus, I am getting cabin fever, I need to get out of the house.

1. There are pharmacies and drugstores in OKC.

2. Do you seriously pay your bills by regular mail? For God's sake, Jeff. Pay them online and save your poor father the gas money and the stamps to mail the checks.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1192 on: October 04, 2014, 08:40:58 PM »

I really have no idea.  I'm not a horrible worker.  I'm sure I'm doing things incorrectly, but I'm not an idiot by any means.

If I could get a job with the Feds, you better believe I'd hop on it immediately.  The only problem is the waiting list and hiring process is usually longer than I am willing to give it.  Maybe I'm just too impatient.

The waiting list is certainly not longer than the amount of time you've spent bouncing from job to job since your last run of stable employment. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1193 on: October 04, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »

It's more than the mail.  I've got to get some more medicine and get my bills so I can pay this week.  Plus, I am getting cabin fever, I need to get out of the house.

2. Do you seriously pay your bills by regular mail? For God's sake, Jeff. Pay them online and save your poor father the gas money and the stamps to mail the checks.

Again, do not question me because my plans may be different than what you would do.  Just because mine are different, doesn't mean mine are wrong, so be quiet.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1194 on: October 04, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »

Papa Bushie wants to get away from all the visiting relatives and Bushie is tagging along. What's the harm?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1195 on: October 04, 2014, 08:49:13 PM »

Again, do not question me because my plans may be different than what you would do.  Just because mine are different, doesn't mean mine are wrong, so be quiet.

Except respectfully, they frequently have been wrong.

But the trip is his father's call.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1196 on: October 04, 2014, 08:51:34 PM »

Except respectfully, they frequently have been wrong.

But the trip is his father's call.

Occasionally? Yes, frequently? That's a bit of a stretch.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1197 on: October 04, 2014, 08:53:54 PM »

We're somewhere between Steps 4 & 5 at the moment, FYI. Step 6 is quickly approaching.

The B.U.S.H.I.E. System:

Step 1: Bluntly Decide What You'll Ultimately Do
Step 2: Use Authority Figures After Convincing or Reassuring
Step 3: Sell the Excuse to Others
Step 4: Hold Others Who Criticize in Contempt
Step 5: Ignore Additional Advice
Step 6: Exit Conversation
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1198 on: October 04, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »

I just don't see why you'd drive all the way there when you don't need to. It's not "wrong" but it's still poor use of time (and money and our planet's finite supply of hydrocarbons.)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1199 on: October 04, 2014, 08:55:06 PM »

Anyway, you can bet I won't be sitting idle this week.  I will be conducting a job search in both OKC and Tulsa Monday through Thursday this week.  If I get an interview in Tulsa, you better believe I'll be running myself right up there.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies