Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:42:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130428 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: October 06, 2014, 06:14:32 PM »

More importantly, Papa apparently disinvited him from Kansas City during the long car ride to Tulsa.

In fact, the Papa directed decision to take Bushie to Tulsa and have him check his mail is quite interesting. It's clear they are fed up and frustrated with him. Without knowledge of the Update, it gives Papa a good alibi and Mama time alone to prepare. It also makes Bushie's whereabouts prior to being home alone house sitting this weekend questionable as it now looks like he's been in Tulsa this whole time.

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion our Dear Friend is about to be murdered by his parents. RIP Bushie.

Cool story, bro!

Are the writers foreshadowing that bushie is going street, and thus will support himself selling meth? Seems like the perfect way to make money in Oklahoma!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1326 on: October 06, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »

Will you take a call center job if one is offered to you yes or  no?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1327 on: October 06, 2014, 06:27:25 PM »

How many jobs have you had since Ong?  Count Ameriscam and Kirby. All jobs how many?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1328 on: October 06, 2014, 06:27:51 PM »

Will you take a call center job if one is offered to you yes or  no?

If it's a real call center job, the answer is no, unless I find myself extremely desperate.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1329 on: October 06, 2014, 06:32:57 PM »

How many jobs did he have before ONG? We know he worked KFC in high school. With his Dad at NG. He did the vaccuum cleaner thing another time. Also some sort of life insurance scam, for which his parents are still paying premiums.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1330 on: October 06, 2014, 06:38:51 PM »

How many jobs did he have before ONG? We know he worked KFC in high school. With his Dad at NG. He did the vaccuum cleaner thing another time. Also some sort of life insurance scam, for which his parents are still paying premiums.

Other than those you mentioned, just a couple jobs during college.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1331 on: October 06, 2014, 07:40:44 PM »

If I get this job, I will have to pass an A+ certification exam.  I found practice tests that I can do online for free with unlimited attempts.  I took one a few minutes ago and I got a 38% (19/50).  I've got work to do, but I plan to take a practice test every night before I take the first real test sometime in mid-November before Thanksgiving.  I want to get as high as I can.  If I don't pass it the first time, I will still have two months to retake it and pass it.  The test is $188 and I have to pay for it.  I think passing is probably 85%, though I'm not sure.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1332 on: October 06, 2014, 07:45:33 PM »

38%? Quit now. This is just HelpDesk job Bushie. It's not even something you want to do. Why waste your time on this effort?

In the time it takes you get on A+ on this CUSTOMER SERVICE JOB test, you'd already be through Asst. Manager training at WalMart and be making a lump sum of cash.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1333 on: October 06, 2014, 07:45:38 PM »

Stop. Don't pay a dime for any test. We played this game with the life insurance test that you had to take (and parents had to pay for) 17 times. Just get a regular job.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1334 on: October 06, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »

I anticipated this response, but I'm going to carry on.  This was my first attempt and first look ever at these questions.  I'm actually encouraged.  I scored higher than I thought.

As far as Walmart goes, I haven't gotten a response, yet so I'm not waiting for them.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1335 on: October 06, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »

I think I found Jeff's true calling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsxVy7vyyk0
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1336 on: October 06, 2014, 08:56:57 PM »

I anticipated this response, but I'm going to carry on.  This was my first attempt and first look ever at these questions.  I'm actually encouraged.  I scored higher than I thought.

As far as Walmart goes, I haven't gotten a response, yet so I'm not waiting for them.

...delusions, they're everywhere...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1337 on: October 06, 2014, 09:46:27 PM »

Jeff, you don't even need to PM JMann and Smash with info on this one. I know they will tell this is an awful job for you and you will fail HARD at it. It's clear as day from the little info you've already provided. Even if you aren't on the phone, this is a customer service job where you will have to answer difficult questions by the customer and your Tourette's will may it difficult for you.

Please get a job at WalMart, Target, or anywhere else for the holiday season. You will be unemployed on Christmas Day if you take a "HelpDesk" job.

I would say that is the reason J-Mann and myself haven't been PM'd this one.  Bushie knows exactly what we will say.  Bushie if you want actual imput send something over (I hope I'm wrong), but I have a feeling your head is planted in the sand on this one
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1338 on: October 06, 2014, 10:02:33 PM »

Bushie is about to jump shark again! It seems like losing CADD JOB has caused him to come unhinged.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1339 on: October 06, 2014, 10:05:41 PM »

Guys, this is a very reputable company that almost everybody knows.  I've PM'd Smash and J-Mann for protocol, but they can vouch this is a reputable company.  When you find out who it is, you will have to pick your jaw up off the floor!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1340 on: October 06, 2014, 10:10:26 PM »

Hooray for leaving the ridiculously stretched page behind!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1341 on: October 06, 2014, 10:10:58 PM »

Guys, this is a very reputable company that almost everybody knows.  I've PM'd Smash and J-Mann for protocol, but they can vouch this is a reputable company.  When you find out who it is, you will have to pick your jaw up off the floor!

Well, you worked for reputable companies like AT&T and Dell in the past, well, companies that contracted with them, and it didn't turn out so well. What does a FieldTech or whatever person do?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1342 on: October 06, 2014, 10:11:22 PM »

Yes. Should obviously be a ban-able offense.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1343 on: October 06, 2014, 10:13:52 PM »

Well, you worked for reputable companies like AT&T and Dell in the past, well, companies that contracted with them, and it didn't turn out so well. What does a FieldTech or whatever person do?

A Field Tech takes the issue orders (known as tickets) from the call center and proceeds to correct the issues.  It's the guy that actually comes to your house or business and fixes whatever needs to be fixed.  It's kind of like your company's IT person, except as part of a team.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1344 on: October 06, 2014, 10:15:36 PM »

HockeyDude J-Mann fixed his post, please fix your quote.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1345 on: October 06, 2014, 10:17:19 PM »

That was a pain to get through...
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1346 on: October 06, 2014, 10:20:28 PM »

That was a pain to get through...

ha
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1347 on: October 06, 2014, 10:22:28 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2014, 10:24:28 PM by black and white band photos »

OK now that I read this using the mobile page...

Bushie the question isn't is this a reputable company. The question is if you're qualified and if you can do well. You're not and you won't. Getting a 38% on a test where 85% is passing is not exactly something I'd brag about either, especially since if it was multiple choice and had four answers as is standard 25% is basically what someone who picked a completely random answer for everyone would expect. You are literally as qualified for this job and would do just as well at it as you would as a heart surgeon.

The good news is that Bushie is probably as much chance of getting hired at this one as he would if he applied to a hospital as a heart surgeon, so I wouldn't worry about him epic failing and getting fired again. The only thing lost will be the time if he pursues it....oh wait nm he has to pay to take the test. Yep another $188 down the drain.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1348 on: October 06, 2014, 10:27:13 PM »

OK now that I read this using the mobile page...

Bushie the question isn't is this a reputable company. The question is if you're qualified and if you can do well. You're not and you won't. Getting a 38% on a test where 85% is passing is not exactly something I'd brag about either, especially since if it was multiple choice and had four answers as is standard 25% is basically what someone who picked a completely random answer for everyone would expect. You are literally as qualified for this job and would do just as well at it as you would as a heart surgeon.

The good news is that Bushie is probably as much chance of getting hired at this one as he would if he applied to a hospital as a heart surgeon, so I wouldn't worry about him epic failing and getting fired again. The only thing lost will be the time if he pursues it.

I've passed one interview today and I have one more interview to pass tomorrow.  I am qualified to do the work.  While a 38% is not good, it was my very first time with no real experience in this line of work.  Yes, I've had IT jobs, but no hands-on IT jobs.  I've got time to study and improve myself to a 72% (which I found out is actual passing).  It will be a challenge no doubt, but I can definitely do it, and I am up for the challenge.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1349 on: October 06, 2014, 10:31:13 PM »

Passing one interview doesn't prove jacksh!t. They ask you very basic questions to weed out people who have absolutely no clue. Knowing what TCP/IP stands for does not make you qualified. I've gone through multiple interview procedures for this type of job before. The first is always a piece of cake.

As for the whole test...well I'll just say if your work on CADD and studying on that is any precedent...
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies