Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:23:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 129460 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: October 06, 2014, 11:15:35 PM »

Is Oklahoma one of those states where as long as you can pass the bar exam you don't need to go to law school to become an attorney? If so I wouldn't be surprised if soon Bushie talks about becoming a lawyer and how all he has to do is apply himself, blah blah and then spend $500 on some special training class and $300 to take the actual exam. Oh and probably think watching a Law & Order marathon would help.

Those states require you to do an internship at a firm and be endorsed by an attorney instead, where he'd undoubtedly fail even with the sleaziest ambulance chasers.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1376 on: October 06, 2014, 11:26:09 PM »

Is Oklahoma one of those states where as long as you can pass the bar exam you don't need to go to law school to become an attorney? If so I wouldn't be surprised if soon Bushie talks about becoming a lawyer and how all he has to do is apply himself, blah blah and then spend $500 on some special training class and $300 to take the actual exam. Oh and probably think watching a Law & Order marathon would help.

California, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wyoming. Wyoming and (non-NOVA) Virginia are the only ones I could imagine Bushie living in.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1377 on: October 06, 2014, 11:33:19 PM »

He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. What a negative he is!

Part of me understands exactly why Bushie is doing this over and over again, he needs something.  I was hit by layoffs during the heart of the recession and it was near impossible for me to find a job for awhile, so I know how frustrating it can be.  I was out for awhile and ultimately took something that I didn't envision myself taking and wouldn't have taken at the time if I wasn't out of work for as long as I was.  I was pratically starting over.  Still in the financial field, but completely different sector, had to go through licensing exams, etc.  

While I was never even remotely close to Bushie's financial situation, I was struggling and took it because well I needed it.   I think that is what Bushie keeps doing, but the difference is knowing what you are getting yourself into.  I knew exactly what I was getting into, Bushie over and over again simply doesn't.  He gets something in his head and jumps in full tilt without taking a step back, realize his own skills, where he is strong, where he isn't (customer service).

He his obviously desperate, his current financial situation is a complete disaster, and needs something asap, but seems to be going about it completely the wrong way.    

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1378 on: October 06, 2014, 11:44:31 PM »

He's not that desperate. He's just applying for jobs with dreams of easy $$$. I bet this job posting promised "up to $25"/hour or something
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1379 on: October 07, 2014, 12:48:06 AM »

Yeah, Bushie has never known true desperation. Mama and Papa Bushie have always been there to catch him when he falls.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1380 on: October 07, 2014, 07:36:42 AM »

Good morning, I'm hearing all of the warnings and I've been thinking about them overnight.  I'm still going to follow through with this job provided I get hired tomorrow morning.  I'm good at fixing computers, so this should be a challenge, but within my realm of knowledge.  I'm going to try as hard as I can to pass the A+ exams, and if I'm back in this same boat after 90 days then so be it.  I want to give myself a chance to do something somewhat new.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1381 on: October 07, 2014, 08:08:01 AM »

On a different note, this cold has caused me to lose 6 pounds.  I am down to 274 now, instead of 280 where I was before I got sick.  I just haven't been eating as heavy as what I normally do.  I plan to keep this up after I fully recover and when I get home.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1382 on: October 07, 2014, 09:09:59 AM »

What happened to Wal-Mart?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1383 on: October 07, 2014, 09:15:01 AM »

Bushie, if you want to waste money on more education, just go and get a Master's in something. CAD(D), A+, insurance it's all w-o-r-t-h-l-e-s-s.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1384 on: October 07, 2014, 09:24:07 AM »

On a different note, this cold has caused me to lose 6 pounds.  I am down to 274 now, instead of 280 where I was before I got sick.  I just haven't been eating as heavy as what I normally do.  I plan to keep this up after I fully recover and when I get home.

With so much time freed up, you oughta try some mango. 

Bushie, what are your thoughts on temporary nicotine use to curb appetite?  I'm talking E-cigs, not actual tobacco. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1385 on: October 07, 2014, 09:44:23 AM »

What is A+?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1386 on: October 07, 2014, 10:03:09 AM »

It's a certification exam for IT support. Another get rich quick scheme by Bushie. He thinks he's going to magically get an A on this test for a field he had no interest in entering 72 hours ago.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1387 on: October 07, 2014, 10:13:54 AM »

It's a certification exam for IT support. Another get rich quick scheme by Bushie. He thinks he's going to magically get an A on this test for a field he had no interest in entering 72 hours ago.

If I get this job, I will have to pass an A+ certification exam.  I found practice tests that I can do online for free with unlimited attempts.  I took one a few minutes ago and I got a 38% (19/50). 

RIP THIS JOB
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1388 on: October 07, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »

Everything I found on self-study for the A+ recommends buying a prep book, taking multiple different practice exams, and taking apart old computers and electronics for hands on guide. This is weeks to months process and Bushie thinks he'll take the test and get a 90% on it before they call him back.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1389 on: October 07, 2014, 10:45:01 AM »

Everything I found on self-study for the A+ recommends buying a prep book, taking multiple different practice exams, and taking apart old computers and electronics for hands on guide. This is weeks to months process and Bushie thinks he'll take the test and get a 90% on it before they call him back.

A few free practice exams online is not proper preparation, sadly.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1390 on: October 07, 2014, 10:57:41 AM »

When will people get it in their darn minds that Walmart has not called me back, yet.  Stop asking me about them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1391 on: October 07, 2014, 11:00:39 AM »

Here is why I rarely listen to the forum.  Most of the forum thinks I can't do anything, or can't do anything significant.  Friends don't think their friends can't do anything.  That's where most of the forum utterly fail.  They never give me a chance and try to discourage me from EVERY friggin job I come across.  Shut up, will ya.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1392 on: October 07, 2014, 11:00:40 AM »

Yeah, if Wal Mart didn't call Bushie back, he may as well move on from that. He should've gone that route years ago, but his pride got in the way.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1393 on: October 07, 2014, 11:05:11 AM »

Here is why I rarely listen to the forum.  Most of the forum thinks I can't do anything, or can't do anything significant.  Friends don't think their friends can't do anything.  That's where most of the forum utterly fail.  They never give me a chance and try to discourage me from EVERY friggin job I come across.  Shut up, will ya.

See, Bushie, that's not it at all. The only reason we tell you things like you won't succeed at job X is because you don't have the personality or mindset for that job. It is because we care about you and we want to see you hold a job. Remember, we have not been wrong about anything so far; it's you that continues to chase the same dead end jobs expecting that, if you JUST TRY HARDER, you'll succeed.

Well, guess what, sometimes we are not suited for specific jobs. It's not a knock against you - it's just how life works. I can't be an NBA player no matter how hard I try, nor would I excel at customer service. I know my limitations. You seem to have this childlike approach where you think you can do anything you want if you set your mind to it. You now have 5 years of unemployment to show for your efforts, yet you keep telling us we are wrong while you continue to lose job after job.

You know that they say, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Sound familiar to you?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1394 on: October 07, 2014, 11:09:22 AM »

But  Bushie YOU are the one applying for a job where a certification that you do not have, and likely will not have in 90 days is required.  And you call us crazy?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1395 on: October 07, 2014, 11:12:41 AM »

But  Bushie YOU are the one applying for a job where a certification that you do not have, and likely will not have in 90 days is required.  And you call us crazy?

I've already got one certification from my time at Dell.  So, I know I can knock this out of the part, too.  Plus, if I get this certification, it will be another feather in my quill that I'll always have with me and will help me tremendously in future job openings.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1396 on: October 07, 2014, 11:26:34 AM »

I've already got one certification from my time at Dell.  So, I know I can knock this out of the part, too.  Plus, if I get this certification, it will be another feather in my quill that I'll always have with me and will help me tremendously in future job openings.

Most technology certifications either have to be periodically renewed or become obsolete after a few years. I know Microsoft's certs are only valid 4 years and then you have to retake them.

Arrow in your quiver, Jeff. The expression is arrow in your quiver.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1397 on: October 07, 2014, 11:31:20 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2014, 11:33:31 AM by King »

But  Bushie YOU are the one applying for a job where a certification that you do not have, and likely will not have in 90 days is required.  And you call us crazy?

I've already got one certification from my time at Dell.  So, I know I can knock this out of the part, too.  Plus, if I get this certification, it will be another feather in my quill that I'll always have with me and will help me tremendously in future job openings.

This sounds like a far more serious certification than your one at Dell.

Bushie, if you want added education stop wasting your time on Get Rich Quick certificates and go get a Masters degree. You keep wasting little bits of money here and there on certificates that get you nowhere. Might as well go for the big dog.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1398 on: October 07, 2014, 11:35:02 AM »

Here is why I rarely listen to the forum.  Most of the forum thinks I can't do anything, or can't do anything significant.  Friends don't think their friends can't do anything.  That's where most of the forum utterly fail.  They never give me a chance and try to discourage me from EVERY friggin job I come across.  Shut up, will ya.

Bushie, you need to know your limitations, what you can do and what you can't do.  I wouldn't become a Carpenter or anything like that because well I suck at that type of stuff, and I'm not cut out for it.  No offense, but you aren't cut out for a Customer Service type of job.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1399 on: October 07, 2014, 11:37:51 AM »

Here's what I don't get ... some of us, you PM specifically for advice, yet when it's not what you want to hear, you simply ignore it. There's no additional questioning, no attempt at reasonable discussion ... just blatant disregard for the very direction that you asked for.

Whether you like it or not, Jeff, I'm basing my feedback to you off of both my own experiences (which have been quite successful) and yours (which have not). I don't think you can't do anything; I think you're ill-suited for SOME things, and try to give you appropriate direction to that end. Those "friends" who blindly encourage you no matter what are, in actuality, worse than those who may try to have serious conversations with you about what's right for you.

The job description makes very clear that the position for which you're applying now is customer service. Not only that, it's technical customer service with lots of new stuff to learn. You think we should all cheer because you have a can-do attitude? We've seen this episode before, Jeff -- a dozen times. Even your father is saying stay away from customer service. I don't understand why you're insistent on taking the first thing that comes along (which will almost always be customer service positions looking for warm bodies) and desperately trying to prove yourself qualified in areas where your own experience has proven otherwise again and again and again.

Some of us are willing to give you thoughtful and heartfelt direction, but it may not always be what you want to hear. And asking my advice and then telling me to shut up when I share it is the absolute height of disrespect. Always wanting respect, never giving ... your hypocrisy is incredible.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies