Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:14:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130575 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: October 07, 2014, 04:00:51 PM »

Why not become a Minister and perform marriages marketed to Lesbian/Gay couples?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1426 on: October 07, 2014, 04:05:13 PM »

In fact, your concerns make me even more sure this is a good path to go down at this time.

Which we've already heard 100 times. It's been wrong each and every time.

By all means, go for it, but don't portray it as something outside of your control if and when it turns out the way your other customer service jobs have.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1427 on: October 07, 2014, 04:07:51 PM »

Even an animal that accidentally touches a hot stove has better pattern recognition than Bushie.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1428 on: October 07, 2014, 04:18:03 PM »

If you fail, you're out $188 and don't have a job. If you don't try at all, you're out $0 and may have a job somewhere else.

Oh, and if you succeed, you're out $188 and have a job in customer service where you'll undoubtedly get fired from in a month or so and be out of a job again with more worthless education.

It's a Lose^3 cube.

To be fair even if Bushie got fired, he'd still have the certification which he could then use for a non customer service job. Fixing computers or network administrator or something.

But Bushie has as much chance of getting certified as the Democrats do of winning both Oklahoma Senate seats in November.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1429 on: October 07, 2014, 04:28:27 PM »

I am finally starting to believe Bushie needs to seek help.

This behavior is not normal and his not logical at all. He should've learned after the last tech support, and indeed he said he did, that customer service is not his area, and here we are, listening to him rationalize yet again that this time will be different.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1430 on: October 07, 2014, 04:28:34 PM »

In fact, your concerns make me even more sure this is a good path to go down at this time.

By all means, go for it, but don't portray it as something outside of your control if and when it turns out the way your other customer service jobs have.

If I fail at it, I'll take full responsibility.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1431 on: October 07, 2014, 04:30:36 PM »

If I fail at it, I'll take full responsibility.

You don't know what responsibility is, because you repeat this tired crap every single time you set you make a bad decision (and every single time after you fail) and your parents still haven't cut you off.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1432 on: October 07, 2014, 04:32:32 PM »

This behavior is not normal and his not logical at all. He should've learned after the last tech support, and indeed he said he did, that customer service is not his area, and here we are, listening to him rationalize yet again that this time will be different.

The thing is while customer support is definitely an important part, it is more IT related.  At least I'm not on the phones...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1433 on: October 07, 2014, 04:37:14 PM »

The thing is while customer support is definitely an important part, it is more IT related.  At least I'm not on the phones...

It's still customer support/service. I don't know what kind of job it is, but from what everyone is telling us in this thread, it's not something that will suit you because you'll have to be interacting with customers, sometimes angry ones at that.

That won't end well for you, my friend. I don't know why you keep saying it will be different. Remember when the last call center would become a "career" and then you finally saw we were right?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1434 on: October 07, 2014, 04:48:27 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2014, 04:50:15 PM by Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Here is why I rarely listen to the forum.  Most of the forum thinks I can't do anything, or can't do anything significant.  Friends don't think their friends can't do anything.  That's where most of the forum utterly fail.  They never give me a chance and try to discourage me from EVERY friggin job I come across.  Shut up, will ya.

Name one significant thing you've accomplished in the past 3 years.  And no, graduating CAD or holding a job for <12 months is not significant.  I'm talking about things that have meaningfully increased your place in life.

You threw thousands of dollars at CAD, and now you're talking about ditching that entirely and dropping hundreds or potentially thousands of dollars on getting A+ certified.  Did your CAD job even pay off your debts from taking the CAD classes?  There's nothing wrong with educating yourself, but if you just run to the next shiny object you see, you're wasting tons of money each time.  Jeff, if all you're getting is a 38%, this job isn't for you.  I'm not saying you can't get a 75% if you study, but the people who will be successful post hiring are going to be the people who get a 75% easily, not those who struggle at it.  Look at the experience at your last job: lack of training and knowledge led to your downfall.  The same thing will happen here.  You're not good at customer service or technical support, especially if you have to be travelling to do it.  What happens if it snows and you have a call or you're sick?  Jobs in tech support aren't going to keep you around when you call off.

But  Bushie YOU are the one applying for a job where a certification that you do not have, and likely will not have in 90 days is required.  And you call us crazy?

I've already got one certification from my time at Dell.  So, I know I can knock this out of the part, too.  Plus, if I get this certification, it will be another feather in my quill that I'll always have with me and will help me tremendously in future job openings.

Most technology certifications either have to be periodically renewed or become obsolete after a few years. I know Microsoft's certs are only valid 4 years and then you have to retake them.

Arrow in your quiver, Jeff. The expression is arrow in your quiver.

It's also "knock this out of the park", not "part".

500 hours I won't gain, I will agree.  It doesn't mean I can't pass the tests.

Passing the tests doesn't mean you'll get or hold a job.  It does mean that you'll be out the money it cost to take and study for the tests.

J-Mann, as much as I respect your opinions and appreciate your analysis, I have to believe that I can do this, pass the tests, and spend quite a while in this job.  If it falls flat, then so be it.   I'm prepared for whatever.

But you're not prepared for whatever.  You never are.  That's the point.  You're still dependent (now 100%) on your parents... they're the ones who are prepared, and they're prepared because they're used to seeing you fail over and over again (and that's not an insult; it's an objective fact), so they can anticipate it.  But what's going to happen when they aren't there to prop you up anymore?

King, I don't have to convince myself.  I'm a pretty smart cookie and I'm positive I can do this.  If I fail, I fail, but if I succeed that's all the better.

No offense, but "pretty smart cookies" don't fall for even half the scams you've fallen for.  You're gullible, naive, and irrational.  If you fail, your parents are out hundreds of dollars; you won't succeed.  I will promise you this now.  If you somehow get this job, you won't hold onto it for 6 months.  If you do, I'll personally send you a check to cover the cost the tests and study materials.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1435 on: October 07, 2014, 04:50:36 PM »

Well, never mind.  I was declined.  So, time for the next gig...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1436 on: October 07, 2014, 04:59:28 PM »

Thank god. Never pursue an A+ certification job again.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1437 on: October 07, 2014, 05:10:44 PM »

Bushie, I typically feel bad when you get declined, but this time I don't.  This is the best outcome possible for you.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1438 on: October 07, 2014, 05:52:12 PM »

What kind of grades did you get at Northwestern Oklahoma State (go Rangers!)? And what kind of classes did you take outside of your major?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1439 on: October 07, 2014, 05:53:26 PM »

bushie has completely jumped the shark.  he has a total break from reality.

anyway, bushie tells more about your uncle not wanting you to come to kc?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1440 on: October 07, 2014, 07:13:52 PM »

God knew it was best.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1441 on: October 07, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »

What kind of grades did you get at Northwestern Oklahoma State (go Rangers!)? And what kind of classes did you take outside of your major?

He could have graduated summa cum laude and it wouldn't make a difference. No one cares what your grades in college were a decade after the fact.

I'd like to know what classes he took in his major. What does an "e-commerce" class involve?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1442 on: October 07, 2014, 07:24:11 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2014, 07:29:40 PM by J-Mann »

I'm excited for this new challenge.  Despite it's flaws and warning messages, I feel hopeful that I'll get an offer tomorrow.  If and when I pass this A+ certification, I will have a long term, open-ended contract at my disposal.  This may be a temporary job, but I have the power to make this a one year, two year job.  It would springboard me into a bigger IT career.  This is part customer service, but mostly IT.  I'm good at IT.  Despite your concerns I'm excited. In fact, your concerns make me even more sure this is a good path to go down at this time.

Jeff, what is wrong with you?

If you were some Richard Branson / Elon Musk-type who had repeatedly proven the world wrong with new inventions and investments that flew in the face of reason, this statement would make sense.

As is, you're an unemployed, morbidly obese 32-year-old man with the "smart cookiness" of a kindergartner and repeated failures in relationships, in employment, in decision-making and in life. Other than blatant, sinful, shallow and blind pride, what makes you think doing the opposite of what we tell you is the right thing to do?

I don't give you advice or opinions, Jeff. I give you experience. And it is baffling why you refuse to learn from that of others and that of yourself.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1443 on: October 07, 2014, 07:28:58 PM »

As is, you're an unemployed, morbidly obese 32-year-old man with the "smart cookiness" of a kindergartner and repeated failures in relationships, in employment, in decision-making and in life. Other than blatant, sinful, shallow and blind pride,, what makes you think doing the opposite of what we tell you is the right thing to do?

This1,000,000
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1444 on: October 07, 2014, 07:45:37 PM »

Bushie, get on the phone and bug Wal-Mart.  It shows initiative.  Land an assistant manager job and just keep with it.  Whatever dream you have in your head of where you think you are supposed to be, drop it!  It's not working. 

And don't go to a psychiatrist or psychologist if you are so adamantly against it, but I implore you to talk to your priest/minister/whoever about the decisions you make and your wildly swinging moods and opinions.  It's so far from normal that it's not even entertaining to hear about anymore.  You are way past delightfully wacky and miles deep into depressing. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1445 on: October 07, 2014, 08:56:59 PM »

Here is what I just shared with J-Mann about why I keep going back to customer service.  Any friendly advice would be helpful.

I have had a little success in the call centers, especially technical support call centers.  I was at Dell for an entire year with no problem and was only let go because I couldn't pass the Security+ Certification.  I was also at ONG for 2 years with no problem and that was customer service all the way, though not all call center.  I don't really want call centers, and I want CAD jobs, but those are hard to come by and I need a job.  So, I feel I have to open myself up to jobs that are less than pleasant.  I don't want to stay on my parent's financial ledger, and a lot of times I choose desperation over preferred.  I know there are other jobs out there, but I don't know what to look for.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1446 on: October 07, 2014, 09:07:27 PM »

Here is what I just shared with J-Mann about why I keep going back to customer service.  Any friendly advice would be helpful.

I have had a little success in the call centers, especially technical support call centers.  I was at Dell for an entire year with no problem and was only let go because I couldn't pass the Security+ Certification.  I was also at ONG for 2 years with no problem and that was customer service all the way, though not all call center.  I don't really want call centers, and I want CAD jobs, but those are hard to come by and I need a job.  So, I feel I have to open myself up to jobs that are less than pleasant.  I don't want to stay on my parent's financial ledger, and a lot of times I choose desperation over preferred.  I know there are other jobs out there, but I don't know what to look for.

This, by the way, is a much more real response than the "I'll show all of you!" junk that we normally get. It's more open and honest and, I believe, portrays the real desperation that comes with Jeff's history. I feel better about helping someone who's hit this point and admits it than someone who puts on rose-colored glasses.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1447 on: October 07, 2014, 09:12:52 PM »

Please elaborate. Because I don't understand how customer service in a non-retail setting could be anything but a call center. And from what I've gathered, it was your decision to leave ONG that started this whole...whatever this is...whatever the #$%@ we're all here for now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1448 on: October 07, 2014, 09:26:04 PM »

Please elaborate. Because I don't understand how customer service in a non-retail setting could be anything but a call center. And from what I've gathered, it was your decision to leave ONG that started this whole...whatever this is...whatever the #$%@ we're all here for now.

I'd be glad to elaborate a little bit.  I was in the Customer Accounting department.  What my responsibility was was to analyze irregular meter readings and either adjust the readings if they were off by an obvious number like one or two, or send out a service technician to investigate if I thought it might be a leak or something wrong with the meter.  We were also the first line backup to the call center, which when the call center got backed up, we were called on to handle calls, too, until the volume got back down under control.  This normally happened anytime from September through April.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1449 on: October 07, 2014, 09:39:42 PM »

Bushie, you should become a bank teller. I did that for awhile. I didn't have experience to land it, though I did have "money handling" experience as a grocery store cashier that apparently helped.

Also, check into non-teaching education jobs.  I worked for the registrar office at a university for a bit. It was good easy data entry work.

Rather than stabbing blindly on job sites that might be filled with scams, I suggest making a list of nearby businesses and going directly to all of their own career sites.  Find a company you'd like to say you work for and find the easy looking job available.

Man... why do I keep getting duped into giving you advice?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies