Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:45:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130147 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: October 07, 2014, 09:45:23 PM »

Bushie, you should become a bank teller. I did that for awhile. I didn't have experience to land it, though I did have "money handling" experience as a grocery store cashier that apparently helped.

Also, check into non-teaching education jobs.  I worked for the registrar office at a university for a bit. It was good easy data entry work.

Rather than stabbing blindly on job sites that might be filled with scams, I suggest making a list of nearby businesses and going directly to all of their own career sites.  Find a company you'd like to say you work for and find the easy looking job available.

Man... why do I keep getting duped into giving you advice?

Don't worry, I'm not going to bite your head off tonight.  My spirit is much too broken tonight to lash out.

I would love a bank teller position.  I have thought about that several times, but get discouraged by the cash-handling experience and the very low pay.

I was going to go to the Tulsa Public Schools job fair back in early August, but never did because of the CAD job.  I wish I had now.

I'm usually pretty careful about weeding out the scams on those sites.  My problem is I have too little faith that I will even get a nod if I don't put in through a recruiter or a job search engine.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1451 on: October 07, 2014, 10:14:10 PM »

Does Quicken Loans exist in OK? I know people who've gotten careers there without a college degree and in a field they've never studied.

I could definitely look.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1452 on: October 07, 2014, 10:27:40 PM »

Bushie, you should become a bank teller. I did that for awhile. I didn't have experience to land it, though I did have "money handling" experience as a grocery store cashier that apparently helped.

Also, check into non-teaching education jobs.  I worked for the registrar office at a university for a bit. It was good easy data entry work.

Rather than stabbing blindly on job sites that might be filled with scams, I suggest making a list of nearby businesses and going directly to all of their own career sites.  Find a company you'd like to say you work for and find the easy looking job available.

Man... why do I keep getting duped into giving you advice?

Don't worry, I'm not going to bite your head off tonight.  My spirit is much too broken tonight to lash out.

I would love a bank teller position.  I have thought about that several times, but get discouraged by the cash-handling experience and the very low pay.

I was going to go to the Tulsa Public Schools job fair back in early August, but never did because of the CAD job.  I wish I had now.

I'm usually pretty careful about weeding out the scams on those sites.  My problem is I have too little faith that I will even get a nod if I don't put in through a recruiter or a job search engine.

Jeff -- while I'm saddened to read that your spirit is broken, that admission goes a long way toward getting on a better track in the job search. I think the Update readers will have a lot more patience and respect for you if you accept the reality of your situation and hear us out legitimately on some suggestions. It'll be a more-fruitful path than tumbling head-on into another counterintuitive challenge, no matter how optimistic of a picture you may want to portray.

You had previously been open to some accounting / processing-type positions ... not where you'd necessarily be in charge of a payroll, or something like that, but be looking out for details lining up, ie: does PO A match invoice B, etc. I think there may be those types of positions available that could, at least for a while, provide you with more stability and less pressure than you're feeling in other positions. The bank teller idea isn't too bad, either.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1453 on: October 07, 2014, 10:31:11 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1454 on: October 07, 2014, 10:35:05 PM »

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1455 on: October 07, 2014, 10:36:39 PM »

Does Quicken Loans exist in OK? I know people who've gotten careers there without a college degree and in a field they've never studied.

I work for a Mortgage Company (not Quicken).  A Mortgage Company would be a terrible fit for Bushie
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1456 on: October 07, 2014, 10:50:01 PM »

In my job searches, I will definitely be looking for places you suggest.  Now, don't be surprised or upset if I take a customer service job in the mean time just to get some money coming in, but be assured I will keep seeking a better job that will better suit my skill set.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1457 on: October 07, 2014, 10:54:25 PM »

Here is why I rarely listen to the forum.  Most of the forum thinks I can't do anything, or can't do anything significant.  Friends don't think their friends can't do anything.  That's where most of the forum utterly fail.  They never give me a chance and try to discourage me from EVERY friggin job I come across.  Shut up, will ya.

We think that because as far as we know it is true. It certainly hasn't been proven false.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1458 on: October 07, 2014, 11:06:58 PM »

I haven't spent much time looking through here, but have you considered government work? There are plenty of back-office type jobs to be had there:

http://jobs.ok.gov/OK/
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1459 on: October 07, 2014, 11:20:25 PM »

I feel bad for Bushie now. I think he's finally beginning to come to terms with what is going on. I wonder why he wasn't invited to the family vacation?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1460 on: October 07, 2014, 11:51:24 PM »

I wonder if the studio will intervene and give us an Update: Love Conquers All ending
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1461 on: October 08, 2014, 01:33:50 AM »

I feel bad for Bushie now. I think he's finally beginning to come to terms with what is going on. I wonder why he wasn't invited to the family vacation?

I don't know.  Maybe because he's 33 and shouldn't be tagging along with mom and dad every time they visit somebody? 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1462 on: October 08, 2014, 01:36:27 AM »

I think the family wanted to discuss what to do about him in private.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1463 on: October 08, 2014, 04:02:13 AM »

I wonder why he wasn't invited to the family vacation?

I thought it was because he was sick, and the family didn't want to bring him along to infect the plains.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1464 on: October 08, 2014, 06:40:02 AM »

Here is what I just shared with J-Mann about why I keep going back to customer service.  Any friendly advice would be helpful.

I have had a little success in the call centers, especially technical support call centers.  I was at Dell for an entire year with no problem and was only let go because I couldn't pass the Security+ Certification.  I was also at ONG for 2 years with no problem and that was customer service all the way, though not all call center.  I don't really want call centers, and I want CAD jobs, but those are hard to come by and I need a job.  So, I feel I have to open myself up to jobs that are less than pleasant.  I don't want to stay on my parent's financial ledger, and a lot of times I choose desperation over preferred.  I know there are other jobs out there, but I don't know what to look for.

Wait, wait wait.. lets pump the breaks here real quick. In past seasons, you told us they were getting ready to let you go at ONG. So how does that translate to being there with "no problems"?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1465 on: October 08, 2014, 09:11:47 AM »

Here is what I just shared with J-Mann about why I keep going back to customer service.  Any friendly advice would be helpful.

I have had a little success in the call centers, especially technical support call centers.  I was at Dell for an entire year with no problem and was only let go because I couldn't pass the Security+ Certification.  I was also at ONG for 2 years with no problem and that was customer service all the way, though not all call center.  I don't really want call centers, and I want CAD jobs, but those are hard to come by and I need a job.  So, I feel I have to open myself up to jobs that are less than pleasant.  I don't want to stay on my parent's financial ledger, and a lot of times I choose desperation over preferred.  I know there are other jobs out there, but I don't know what to look for.

Wait, wait wait.. lets pump the breaks here real quick. In past seasons, you told us they were getting ready to let you go at ONG. So how does that translate to being there with "no problems"?

Bushie likes to change the narrative to whatever is going to work best/sound nicest for the situation. 

Are we lambasting him for throwing away a steady job to chase a scam?  It's okay, guys.  I was on my last legs at ONG, anyway, and Dad said yadda yadda yadda

Now we are confronting him about looking into customer service AGAIN after he swore it off not one week ago?  It's okay, guys.  I was a model customer service representative at ONG for TWO years, and all I have to do is believe in yadda yadda God blah blah Dad. 

It's classic Update material. 

(I'm sorry for being more caustic than normal with you, Jeff, but you really need a reality check right now.  Take a spa day and have some herbal tea and reflect.  I'm serious.)
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1466 on: October 08, 2014, 10:18:33 AM »

Bushie likes to change the narrative to whatever is going to work best/sound nicest for the situation. 

Are we lambasting him for throwing away a steady job to chase a scam?  It's okay, guys.  I was on my last legs at ONG, anyway, and Dad said yadda yadda yadda

Now we are confronting him about looking into customer service AGAIN after he swore it off not one week ago?  It's okay, guys.  I was a model customer service representative at ONG for TWO years, and all I have to do is believe in yadda yadda God blah blah Dad. 

(I'm sorry for being more caustic than normal with you, Jeff, but you really need a reality check right now.  Take a spa day and have some herbal tea and reflect.  I'm serious.)

Actually, this isn't a bad idea, Jeff. Would you be open to finding some outside activity ... day spa, massage, sporting event, something relaxing ... that you'd enjoy and would get your mind off of things?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1467 on: October 08, 2014, 10:31:01 AM »

Bushie's life is one spa day after another.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1468 on: October 08, 2014, 11:27:10 AM »

A trip to a day spa, J-Mann? Paid for by whom?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1469 on: October 08, 2014, 11:49:30 AM »

A trip to a day spa, J-Mann? Paid for by whom?

That was my question, too.  I appreciate the thought, but I don't have the money to spend on a day spa and do it right.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1470 on: October 08, 2014, 12:28:41 PM »

You have 15 dorrar? 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1471 on: October 08, 2014, 12:32:00 PM »

A day spa trip for me is a nice hour long work out followed by a hot shower with some cool eucalyptus soap. Shame Bushie will never know this feeling.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1472 on: October 08, 2014, 01:04:17 PM »

As is, you're an unemployed, morbidly obese 32-year-old man with the "smart cookiness" of a kindergartner and repeated failures in relationships, in employment, in decision-making and in life. Other than blatant, sinful, shallow and blind pride, what makes you think doing the opposite of what we tell you is the right thing to do?

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1473 on: October 08, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »

There's also the fact he was only at Dell for 2 months
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1474 on: October 08, 2014, 03:24:28 PM »

so why was bushie's invitation to uncle bushie's revoked??
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies