Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:31:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 129451 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: October 09, 2014, 11:33:25 AM »

Lief and Eraserhead are different people, Inks.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1526 on: October 09, 2014, 11:34:37 AM »

Lief and Eraserhead are different people, Inks.

Lol... that's what I get for pushing "Show" in this thread.

EDIT: Although I will say that they both have the same general attitude when it comes to their treatment of Jeff.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1527 on: October 09, 2014, 11:36:10 AM »

Crying when things difficult things just pile on isn't abnormal or mental health necessary.

Again, if you sought proper help, difficult things would stop piling on and you would not have this problem.

This isn't 1954. They aren't going to give you shock treatment or lobotomize you.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1528 on: October 09, 2014, 11:45:14 AM »

Jeff, what would be the harm in seeing a mental health professional?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1529 on: October 09, 2014, 11:46:20 AM »

There'd be no harm, but I just don't want to see one.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1530 on: October 09, 2014, 11:52:55 AM »

There is too great of a stigma in Bushie' culture when it comes to things like that. He will never go to see anyone to talk to about his problems because it's taboo. After all, the only person you need in your life is God and he will make everything right. Until God decides to help, which he hasn't helped Bushie in 5 years now, he'll just suffer.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1531 on: October 09, 2014, 12:03:53 PM »

Instead of talking to a professional, he'll just talk to a bunch of dummies on an election map forum. Makes sense.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1532 on: October 09, 2014, 12:06:58 PM »

So, JJ won Update Survivor.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1533 on: October 09, 2014, 12:10:02 PM »

No, I don't think it's at all normal for those episodes to repeatedly happen. And now that he's acknowledged this latest one, perhaps with some guidance, he'll actually seek the attention he needs.

So, crying as a man indicates a need of professional mental attention?

That's not the only warning bell going off, Bushie.  You never responded when I suggested talking to your priest about your wildly swinging moods and opinions.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1534 on: October 09, 2014, 12:25:37 PM »

Jeff, I understand that when people say, "Go see a psychiatrist," it comes off as abrasive and offensive. On the other hand, their suggestions are most-likely rooted in a genuine interest in seeing you -- once and for all -- overcome some of the difficulties that plague your life.

Think of it this way:

- If I drank alcohol from time to time, you probably wouldn't think anything of it. A lot of people drink.

- If -- one time while drinking -- I got exceptionally drunk, got in a fight at a bar and spent a night in jail sobering up, you might sympathize with my plight and (if you were a good friend), suggest that I pace myself a little better next time I go out.

- If I got black-out drunk every weekend, had been in more fights than anyone can count, had been banned from entering some establishments, had just lost my license because of a third DUI and lost my job due to an inability to drive, you might recommend that I seek some professional help so that I get my problem under control and can get my life back on track.

I think you're equating "mental health professional" with "someone who fixes crazy" ... and you're not crazy, right?

But that's not the case. The recommendation to seek additional help (above and beyond your family or closer circle of friends) comes from literally years of seeing multiple types of destructive and / or ineffective behaviors that are hurting you and your life to the point where you have emotional outbursts.

From wherever you might seek help, consider such guidance as coaching or mentorship, where someone helps you outline problems, identify root causes, build goals and plans for overcoming challenges, monitors performance and -- most importantly -- holds you accountable to results. The Forum has correctly identified that you greatly struggle in holding yourself accountable; they're recommending that you find someone who will so that, together, you overcome your challenges.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1535 on: October 09, 2014, 01:27:53 PM »

But why not?  It can't simply just be "Because I don't need to."  There must be something more.  You go to the dentist periodically, even when you don't have cavities; you get your bloodwork checked frequently, even though you don't have diabetes.  So why is this different?  I don't understand your strong insistence against just going and talking with someone.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1536 on: October 09, 2014, 02:31:05 PM »

But why not?  It can't simply just be "Because I don't need to."  There must be something more.  You go to the dentist periodically, even when you don't have cavities; you get your bloodwork checked frequently, even though you don't have diabetes.  So why is this different?  I don't understand your strong insistence against just going and talking with someone.

Because psychiatrists are just a bunch of godless know-it-alls who couldn't possibly help anybody [/oklahoma].  This is why I'm telling him to talk to a priest.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1537 on: October 09, 2014, 02:33:57 PM »

I wouldn't put all of Oklahoma in this, HD. I mean, there ARE mental health professionals who make enough of a living in Oklahoma for Bushie to see.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1538 on: October 09, 2014, 03:00:33 PM »

I wouldn't put all of Oklahoma in this, HD. I mean, there ARE mental health professionals who make enough of a living in Oklahoma for Bushie to see.

Not all OK, a big part is Bushie 's hubris.  Too good to not do white-collar jobs.  Too good to see a shrink.  Too good accept government assistance. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1539 on: October 09, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »

Not all OK, a big part is Bushie 's hubris.  Too good to not do white-collar jobs.  Too good to see a shrink.  Too good accept government assistance. 

Yes, this is true. Bushie is one of the most prideful persons I have ever come across to be in his situation and given his education and qualifications. I wonder where he learned to be such a snob considering where he grew up and who he grew up with. He doesn't come from a wealthy family or wealthy friends. Sure, his family has the means to continue supporting him, but they live in a trailer in rural Oklahoma. I doubt they're made of money either.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1540 on: October 09, 2014, 03:07:43 PM »

Yes, this is true. Bushie is one of the most prideful persons I have ever come across to be in his situation and given his education and qualifications. I wonder where he learned to be such a snob considering where he grew up and who he grew up with. He doesn't come from a wealthy family or wealthy friends. Sure, his family has the means to continue supporting him, but they live in a trailer in rural Oklahoma. I doubt they're made of money either.

Because this stupid ass picture...

...gives him a Bushie Boner.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1541 on: October 09, 2014, 03:41:04 PM »

Putting the psychiatric talk aside for a little bit.  I am preparing for a weekend by myself at my parents' this weekend.  Mom is busy packing for their trip this weekend.  They leave tomorrow morning early and come back Monday afternoon since Monday is a holiday (Columbus Day).  I have an interview tomorrow morning at 10:30 in NW Oklahoma City.  I'll leave here at 9:30 and should be home by 12:00.  It's supposed to be a rainy day tomorrow with the remnants of Tropical Storm Simon, so I will likely stay in tomorrow evening.  I will head home to Tulsa Monday at Noon and then be back Thursday afternoon so we can head to New Mexico on Friday.  From there, it all depends on what happens with tomorrow's interview if I stay in Tulsa or come down and move in with Grandma.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1542 on: October 09, 2014, 03:46:16 PM »

Putting the psychiatric see your pastor talk aside for a little bit.  I am preparing for a weekend by myself at my parents' this weekend.  Mom is busy packing for their trip this weekend.  They leave tomorrow morning early and come back Monday afternoon since Monday is a holiday (Columbus Day).  I have an interview tomorrow morning at 10:30 in NW Oklahoma City.  I'll leave here at 9:30 and should be home by 12:00.  It's supposed to be a rainy day tomorrow with the remnants of Tropical Storm Simon, so I will likely stay in tomorrow evening.  I will head home to Tulsa Monday at Noon and then be back Thursday afternoon so we can head to New Mexico on Friday.  From there, it all depends on what happens with tomorrow's interview if I stay in Tulsa or come down and move in with Grandma.

Ftfy.  I don't do the religion, but from what I understand pastors would have experience with helping their pastees through life issues through incorporation of the faith.  It's reasonable piece of advice, Jeff.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1543 on: October 09, 2014, 04:01:32 PM »

Putting the psychiatric see your pastor talk aside for a little bit.  I am preparing for a weekend by myself at my parents' this weekend.  Mom is busy packing for their trip this weekend.  They leave tomorrow morning early and come back Monday afternoon since Monday is a holiday (Columbus Day).  I have an interview tomorrow morning at 10:30 in NW Oklahoma City.  I'll leave here at 9:30 and should be home by 12:00.  It's supposed to be a rainy day tomorrow with the remnants of Tropical Storm Simon, so I will likely stay in tomorrow evening.  I will head home to Tulsa Monday at Noon and then be back Thursday afternoon so we can head to New Mexico on Friday.  From there, it all depends on what happens with tomorrow's interview if I stay in Tulsa or come down and move in with Grandma.

Ftfy.  I don't do the religion, but from what I understand pastors would have experience with helping their pastees through life issues through incorporation of the faith.  It's reasonable piece of advice, Jeff.

As soon as I get my employment settled, I'll see the pastor of the church I attend.  I know he will give me Biblical advice and at no charge.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1544 on: October 09, 2014, 04:03:41 PM »

Why wait?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1545 on: October 09, 2014, 04:04:04 PM »

As soon as I get my employment settled, I'll see the pastor of the church I attend.  I know he will give me Biblical advice and at no charge.

Yes!  And don't be shy about telling him about the outbursts and rapidly swinging outlooks.  He'll be able to help you on a level you identify with.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1546 on: October 09, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »

Since I'm looking in two different cities, I want to wait until I get my employment settled so in case my pastor wants to schedule follow-up visits.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1547 on: October 09, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »

The problem is that Bushie will talk to a pastor that he knows and is quite comfortable with; it'll probably be somebody who's known him for a long time.  And we know that Bushie isn't honest with those people.  His home pastor is probably the same types who encouraged him about Kenya and wanting to adopt the kids.  He shares these optimistic half-truths with people he's close with.  If he's going to see a pastor he doesn't know and actually shares everything, that's one thing, and that'd be helpful.  But if he goes and shares the Facebook version of his life, making himself sound like a normal, humble saintly man just trying to help the world, the pastor very well could encourage him to keep doing what he's been doing.  Jeff, not realizing that the process doesn't work if he doesn't put in 100% effort and tell the pastor everything, will come back here gloating that he took our advice and it turned out that he was right.  A doctor will see through stuff like that; Bushie's pastor, who I'm sure Bushie considers a friend, probably won't see through Bushie's lies.  If he hasn't said anything yet about Jeff's behavior, it's probably because Jeff hides it well, and I don't think he's going to discover it with some quick session with Jeff.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1548 on: October 09, 2014, 04:13:22 PM »

Since I'm looking in two different cities, I want to wait until I get my employment settled so in case my pastor wants to schedule follow-up visits.

Jeff, you're just making excuses now.  You know you have time to schedule this stuff.  Your job hunt hasn't stopped you from taking naps and watching dozens of hours of TV.  You're embarrassing yourself by putting forward this argument that you're too busy.

And I'd still like to hear your answer to why you do not want to see a psychiatrist or professional therapist.  It can't simply just be "Because I don't need to."  There must be something more.  You go to the dentist periodically, even when you don't have cavities; you get your bloodwork checked frequently, even though you don't have diabetes.  So why is this different?  I don't understand your strong insistence against just going and talking with someone who's trained in this stuff.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1549 on: October 09, 2014, 04:20:05 PM »

Jeff, you're just making excuses now.  You know you have time to schedule this stuff.  Your job hunt hasn't stopped you from taking naps and watching dozens of hours of TV.  You're embarrassing yourself by putting forward this argument that you're too busy.

And I'd still like to hear your answer to why you do not want to see a psychiatrist or professional therapist.  It can't simply just be "Because I don't need to."  There must be something more.  You go to the dentist periodically, even when you don't have cavities; you get your bloodwork checked frequently, even though you don't have diabetes.  So why is this different?  I don't understand your strong insistence against just going and talking with someone who's trained in this stuff.

I'll be completely honest with my pastor.  I am honest on Facebook, and that's what I'll tell him and more.

Where are you reading that I'm too busy?  I am not in any way using that excuse.  I'm just saying that in case he wants to follow up with me and is in a different city, I don't have to travel 100 miles each way to see him once a week or whatever it is.

Plus, I DO NOT NEED TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST.  I am not mentally ill like you seem to suggest.  I do take that offensively, because it is offensive to me.  The pastor is as good as you're going to get. So, just, SHUT UP!!!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies