Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:38:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 129474 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: October 13, 2014, 10:05:20 PM »

It doesn't seem like Bushie's Bible study is teaching him very theologically sophisticated interpretations.

"Interpretations"? You have read what this literalist church is like?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1701 on: October 13, 2014, 10:14:55 PM »

Bushie, would you be willing to try attending a Pentecostal church?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1702 on: October 13, 2014, 10:15:26 PM »

No
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1703 on: October 13, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »

Bushie, have you ever believed that God is a woman? I am currently on a spiritual journey myself and I am convinced that God is a conniving woman hellbent on destroying all of us one day at a time. Do you think that's true? Some of the awful things in this world just don't make logical sense if you buy into the idea that God is this kind old man who loves all of us.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1704 on: October 13, 2014, 10:18:31 PM »

Why is that? Do you not approve of them?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1705 on: October 13, 2014, 10:22:32 PM »

Bushie, have you ever believed that God is a woman? I am currently on a spiritual journey myself and I am convinced that God is a conniving woman hellbent on destroying all of us one day at a time. Do you think that's true? Some of the awful things in this world just don't make logical sense if you buy into the idea that God is this kind old man who loves all of us.

No
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1706 on: October 13, 2014, 10:22:56 PM »

I don't agree with their doctrine.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1707 on: October 13, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »

Can you elaborate? What, specifically, do you disagree with?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1708 on: October 13, 2014, 10:40:32 PM »

What a horrific interpretation of Mark 14. The story was about how the perfume had no intrinsic value and how material life is fleeting not "God rewards those who submit to him the most."

I'm guessing all of your Bible Studies end with the story of the day being interpreted as "submit to him more and he will reward you."
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1709 on: October 13, 2014, 10:42:37 PM »

What a horrific interpretation of Mark 14. The story was about how the perfume had no intrinsic value and how material life is fleeting not "God rewards those who submit to him the most."

I'm guessing all of your Bible Studies end with the story of the day being interpreted as "submit to him more and he will reward you."

That actually is quite frightening.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1710 on: October 13, 2014, 10:46:38 PM »

Has no one been listening to what Bushie has said about his church... they're actual literalists. There's no space for interpretation, no space let alone toleration for freedom of thought.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1711 on: October 13, 2014, 10:52:48 PM »

Has no one been listening to what Bushie has said about his church... they're actual literalists. There's no space for interpretation, no space let alone toleration for freedom of thought.

Even literally, I don't see how you get that out of Mark 14. It's really kind of strange. "Submit more to God and God will take care of you" is usually what Bushie says, but that's coincidentally the lesson today? From Mark 14?

Bushie what did you learn in your previous Bible Study before this? Do you remember?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1712 on: October 13, 2014, 10:58:39 PM »

Even literally, I don't see how you get that out of Mark 14. It's really kind of strange. "Submit more to God and God will take care of you" is usually what Bushie says, but that's coincidentally the lesson today? From Mark 14?

Bushie what did you learn in your previous Bible Study before this? Do you remember?

This is what they believe already... so they're scrambling to justify their views.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1713 on: October 13, 2014, 11:09:04 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2014, 11:12:59 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

It doesn't seem like Bushie's Bible study is teaching him very theologically sophisticated interpretations.

"Interpretations"? You have read what this literalist church is like?

Yes. They lie to themselves and others about their interpretations being interpretations.

There are a number of stories in the Bible that genuinely do teach or purport to teach the lesson of submission to God's commandments. To try to apply the same lesson to every story in the Bible, especially one as challenging--as easy to interpret in pat and glib and compassionless ways and as rewarding not to--as Mark 14, smacks at best of laziness.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1714 on: October 14, 2014, 12:24:21 AM »

Guys, Bushie should NOT be a pastor. That's probably a worse career path for him than seeking A+ Certification.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1715 on: October 14, 2014, 07:01:20 AM »

As a pastor he would help ruining other lives beyond his own. That seems a bit cruel.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1716 on: October 14, 2014, 07:09:01 AM »

Indeed - we've already seen the consequences of what happens when people are to resign responsibility for their lives and get told "don't worry, God will provide... and don't ask questions!!!"
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1717 on: October 14, 2014, 07:24:42 AM »

This is what they believe already... so they're scrambling to justify their views.
Which is exactly what all religions do. God and the Bible have supported war, conquest, slavery, etc. Everybody takes what they want.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1718 on: October 14, 2014, 09:05:12 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning! Today is the day I should find out about the interview from Friday. I also have the interview in West Tulsa at 1330 today. I'll start getting ready about 1130. Tonight, is the Young Adult Fellowship at 1830 in Wagoner County. I leave for my parents' at 1500 Thursday, and we'll leave on vacation to Albuquerque, NM around 0630-0700 Friday morning.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1719 on: October 14, 2014, 10:03:55 AM »

Dude, why are you tagging along on Papa and Mama's romantic weekend getaway?   You're not 10.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1720 on: October 14, 2014, 10:11:53 AM »

He needs to kick back after the bitter grind of being unemployed watching TV.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1721 on: October 14, 2014, 11:08:05 AM »

This is another one of those deals where they spend all day Friday driving, have one day in ABQ on Saturday, but can't really enjoy it because they get up at 4 in the morning on Sunday to go back?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1722 on: October 14, 2014, 11:57:13 AM »

Dude, why are you tagging along on Papa and Mama's romantic weekend getaway?   You're not 10.

Maybe because I was invited?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1723 on: October 14, 2014, 11:58:52 AM »

He needs to kick back after the bitter grind of being unemployed watching TV.

Do not make light of what I was doing.  I just lost my uncle, then immediately lost my job, then got sick for 12 days.  Why shouldn't I deserve a weekend getaway after all that.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1724 on: October 14, 2014, 11:59:32 AM »

Maybe because I was invited?

Or the hissy fit about KC last week prompted the invitation.  It's just weird.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies