Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:06:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130194 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: October 16, 2014, 06:25:31 PM »

Bushie would lose weight if he went on a low carb diet. He could literally eat all the fat he wanted to if he stayed away from bread, rice, pasta, desserts, etc. I did that a few summers ago and dropped a ton of weight, and now I rarely eat carbs aside from fruit with my yoghurt.

But that's his diet?! And the animal-fat heavy thing doesn't work for many in the long-term and with someone of Bushie probable cardio-vascular health... increasing his fat load probably isn't the best option.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1851 on: October 16, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »

Probably $45 a week.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1852 on: October 16, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »

In total? Outings and sundries from the supermarket?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1853 on: October 16, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »

Bushie would lose weight if he went on a low carb diet. He could literally eat all the fat he wanted to if he stayed away from bread, rice, pasta, desserts, etc. I did that a few summers ago and dropped a ton of weight, and now I rarely eat carbs aside from fruit with my yoghurt.

But that's his diet?! And the animal-fat heavy thing doesn't work for many in the long-term and with someone of Bushie probable cardio-vascular health... increasing his fat load probably isn't the best option.

I'm not saying he should up his fat intake, but studies have proven time and again that as long as you cut out the carbs, pasta, breads, rice, processed sugars, you WILL lose weight. It seems crazy, yes, but the tried and true diet of low fat high carbs won't work, it rarely does.

But yes, I know he won't do it, because he won't give up sugars. But it works. I felt great when I was on that strict diet. I might go on it against this fall because I rarely have a craving for starches and carbs anyway.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1854 on: October 16, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »

I'm not saying he should up his fat intake, but studies have proven time and again that as long as you cut out the carbs, pasta, breads, rice, processed sugars, you WILL lose weight. It seems crazy, yes, but the tried and true diet of low fat high carbs won't work, it rarely does.

But yes, I know he won't do it, because he won't give up sugars. But it works. I felt great when I was on that strict diet. I might go on it against this fall because I rarely have a craving for starches and carbs anyway.

I did in in 2002/3... also dropped a lot. But I mentioned it to my trainer... and he went bright red and said "it's fine for a few months, even years, but long-term - you need carbs"
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1855 on: October 16, 2014, 06:57:33 PM »

I did in in 2002/3... also dropped a lot. But I mentioned it to my trainer... and he went bright red and said "it's fine for a few months, even years, but long-term - you need carbs"

Right, I hardly am on it full time. Most days I eat upwards of 50-100g of carbs. But I think it's good to train yourself not to eat processed foods. I basically changed my diet for the better after I went on that strict diet and felt fantastic. I still eat pasta occasionally and fries nowadays, but hardly more than once or twice a month. I have sort of trained myself to not even enjoy things like that anymore. I feel bloated after eating a bowl of pasta or fries.

Of course, I don't expect Bushie to ever do that because not eating cake with every meal is un-American and wrong, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1856 on: October 16, 2014, 07:13:36 PM »

Btw, the CAD interview is Tuesday at 10:00 in SW OKC.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1857 on: October 16, 2014, 07:27:29 PM »

Memphis and King, you know darn well I don't pig out like I used to.  There is no need to say I do.  Many times Mom has to tell me to eat, because many times I will go down for supper at 1700 only having had an extremely light lunch.  Other times I don't eat anything until 1400 or so.
1. I have no idea what you eat. We haven't discussed dietary matters much lately, but the ongoing saga for years has been an endless parade of extreme gluttony. If you've changed your tune, that's great, but it must have been fairly recently.
2. Mama Bushie encourages you to eat more? Does she not realize that you are morbidly obese, which severely compromises your health, your appearance, and your job prospects?  Sounds like she may have just given up and is now simply hoping to cash in on that fat life insurance policy she and Papa have been paying for all these years.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1858 on: October 16, 2014, 07:35:37 PM »

No, she encourages me not to go 18-24 hours without eating.  She wants to keep my energy level up and she knows it's not healthy to lose weight by starving yourself.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1859 on: October 16, 2014, 07:53:29 PM »

No, she encourages me not to go 18-24 hours without eating.  She wants to keep my energy level up and she knows it's not healthy to lose weight by starving yourself.

It's also not healthy to lose weight by going on a "light diet" of poptarts and ramen with no vegetables and fruits.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1860 on: October 16, 2014, 08:00:49 PM »

I don't disagree with that, King.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1861 on: October 16, 2014, 08:18:48 PM »

We plan to leave at 0700 tomorrow.  So, I'll be going to bed right after the Jets/Pats game.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1862 on: October 16, 2014, 09:32:16 PM »

So, I have this interview Tuesday.  While I will gladly accept the job if offered, I would prefer to stay in Tulsa where I'm already established.  Beggars can't be choosers, though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1863 on: October 16, 2014, 09:37:44 PM »

This job I'm interviewing for is only a 3-6 month contract assignment which would be great experience and I will try as hard as I can in the interview, I wouldn't be too disappointed if it fell through.  I know that sounds like a defeatist attitude, but it's how I honestly feel right now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1864 on: October 17, 2014, 07:07:04 AM »

Everybody is awake and we're about 15 minutes from leaving.  I'll update along the road and throughout the weekend as I can.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1865 on: October 17, 2014, 08:12:36 AM »

Let us know how good the Dairy Queen lunch is. 
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1866 on: October 17, 2014, 10:05:55 AM »

It's so sad, because in the Southwest you will undoubtedly drive by a bunch of cool little Mexican places that are so out of the way that you will only get a couple chances to ever eat there.  No, no, no the Clan Bushie will drive far and wide to find a McDonald's or something and get some real food! 

What do you think the dynamic is like when Bushie, Mom, and Dad stop in at a restaurant to eat?  Does Mama Bushie scold Our Dear Friend as she would when he was a little tike to settle down? 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1867 on: October 17, 2014, 10:15:57 AM »

To be fair to the Bushie clan, I-40 east of ABQ is a barren wasteland devoid of culture.

If they eat at McDonalds in ABQ...

Go to Twisters instead http://www.twistersinc.com/index.htm
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1868 on: October 17, 2014, 10:32:13 AM »

That's why we're going to the Blue Corn Cafe Mexican Restaurant in Santa Fe tomorrow for supper.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1869 on: October 17, 2014, 10:32:37 AM »

BTW, we just entered Texas
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1870 on: October 17, 2014, 10:35:12 AM »

My sympathy. Athough I guess it feels like a small piece of paradise coming from Oklahoma... Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1871 on: October 17, 2014, 10:35:47 AM »

There has to be some diner that serves real food for lunch on the way.   Anything but Dairy Fycking Queen.  Roll Eyes
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1872 on: October 17, 2014, 10:52:58 AM »

Eastern NM really is hell on Earth, Grumps. If it were me, I'd have packed an ice chest with some food for the drive.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1873 on: October 17, 2014, 10:57:35 AM »
« Edited: October 17, 2014, 11:32:24 AM by Grumps »

Eastern NM really is hell on Earth, Grumps. If it were me, I'd have packed an ice chest with some food for the drive.

Something tells me if there were 5 diners and a DQ all with 5 miles of each other, the Klan Bushie would opt for the DQ.........fugh.

EDIT - I was right, he's in VEGA TX  http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/301/45548/Texas/Vega-TX-restaurants#/n/301/45548/Texas/Vega-TX-restaurants
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1874 on: October 17, 2014, 11:45:28 AM »

It's so sad, because in the Southwest you will undoubtedly drive by a bunch of cool little Mexican places that are so out of the way that you will only get a couple chances to ever eat there.  No, no, no the Clan Bushie will drive far and wide to find a McDonald's or something and get some real food! 

What do you think the dynamic is like when Bushie, Mom, and Dad stop in at a restaurant to eat?  Does Mama Bushie scold Our Dear Friend as she would when he was a little tike to settle down? 

The Texas Panhandle and Eastern New Mexico are basically arid emptiness with the occasional ornery white person. So alas, DQ and McDonalds are probably all the Bushies are going to come across.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies